Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:10 pm

How to install mods:
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=150

Installation document for THIS mod is in docs/install.txt in the zip file in the first posting.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Qudeid

Post by Qudeid » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:26 pm

Oh, then I misunderstood, David. Thanks!

stavatars

Post by stavatars » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:49 pm

Hey. I installed this mod successfully on my forums a few days ago. I only had two skins then, though, LCARS and the SubSilver. I installed two more skins successfully. I then tried to install this mod on those skins without success and can't figure out where I went wrong.

I edited all the files in the template it said to and uploaded them, knowing the rest were shared by the templates for the whole forum. And then I uploaded them, and tested it. I did not upload those two files that 'install' it, for fear that it would mess up the other two skins. I only edited the template files because I thought that would be enough. This is the error I got when I tried to test the attachment for the new skins.

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/havaris_ariba_155.jpg.

DavidIQ
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:58 pm

stavatars wrote: Hey. I installed this mod successfully on my forums a few days ago. I only had two skins then, though, LCARS and the SubSilver. I installed two more skins successfully. I then tried to install this mod on those skins without success and can't figure out where I went wrong.

I edited all the files in the template it said to and uploaded them, knowing the rest were shared by the templates for the whole forum. And then I uploaded them, and tested it. I did not upload those two files that 'install' it, for fear that it would mess up the other two skins. I only edited the template files because I thought that would be enough. This is the error I got when I tried to test the attachment for the new skins.

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/havaris_ariba_155.jpg.

And you've tried it on SubSilver as well and it works there? :?:
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Qudeid

Post by Qudeid » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:03 pm

stavatars wrote: Hey. I installed this mod successfully on my forums a few days ago. I only had two skins then, though, LCARS and the SubSilver.

I guess it worked with those two, right? Or didn't you try? If you didn't and you changed NO php-files, well then switch back to subsilver and try to upload there. But I don't think it's because of the template *head scratch*

The problem is, I guess, that this is an error that could occur because of almost everything. For instance, if your serve blocked it somehow (my sever did, because of this 500 kb limitation).

stavatars

Post by stavatars » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:09 pm

Well, it seems I didn't install it on SubSilver after all. I can view them just fine, but none of them will let me upload. I just get that error message.

Qudeid

Post by Qudeid » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:15 pm

Hm... I would recommend you to re-install everything. And if there was no other mod you added, then I would also recommend to take the clean files (including the templates) and then doing all that installtion stuff again (of course you can skip the Database stuff, since you already added that).

If there are other mods, then just double-check what you previously changed, maybe you forgot something. (As it happened to me. I just forgot to upload a file, or skipped unintentionally a line or so).

It's the only thing I can now think of. But I know that with so much to change, as it is in that mod, there is a higher possibility that something might go wrong, you know. As I said, just re-install/double-check it. :)

JJLodge

Post by JJLodge » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:21 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
JJLodge wrote:help please :)

i installed this mod works a treat now well after i corrected a typo lol, one prob is though since installing it when a PM is sent it shows the sender but noting in the subject, its completly empty ??

please help, obviously a very big part of the forum i am now missing

James

Is this when looking at the list of PMs or...?

yes its when i clcik on the you have X amount of pm's

any help please

stavatars

Post by stavatars » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:39 pm

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Qudeid

Post by Qudeid » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:41 pm

sorry, I can't help you more than telling you that. So, no problem at all.

stavatars

Post by stavatars » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:25 pm

I did as you said, and reinstalled everything, but I still got errors when I tried to reinstall it. This came up on Install.php

Warning: main(./../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/stavatar/public_html/forums/attach_mod/install/install.php on line 17

Warning: main(./../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/stavatar/public_html/forums/attach_mod/install/install.php on line 17

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/stavatar/public_html/forums/attach_mod/install/install.php on line 17

Warning: main(./../common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/stavatar/public_html/forums/attach_mod/install/install.php on line 18

Warning: main(./../common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/stavatar/public_html/forums/attach_mod/install/install.php on line 18

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/stavatar/public_html/forums/attach_mod/install/install.php on line 18

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/stavatar/public_html/forums/attach_mod/install/install.php on line 20

Qudeid

Post by Qudeid » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:32 pm

Ehm.. Did you just "execute" the install.php?
Because I meant with "re-installing" that you modify all the files again, as the install-manual says, not only this "install.php" which is only for the database.

stavatars

Post by stavatars » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:38 pm

Yes, I checked them all all over again, including the php files, and then executed it.

madpwr1

Post by madpwr1 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:13 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
madpwr1 wrote:i'm tryin to attach a file that has an "asx" extension, i added it to the extension control and real media once and streams another time as the Extension Group and both settings gives me a response "No post mode specified" when i attempt to attach ...

I lost you on this one... so I'll ask how big are these files?

i've uploaded a file that was 7.26MB without a problem but this file that's giving me the "No post mode specified" is 16.8MB ... i haven't tried a file size inbetween these two yet

Qudeid

Post by Qudeid » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:02 pm

@stavatars: Once executed, you don't need to do it again, unless you erased your whole database.

Do you have other Mods installed?

@Madpwr1:

Ehm, have you already tried to upload a file of the same extension yet? Or is this 7 Mb file axs (or what ever it was) too?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”