Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

stavatars

Post by stavatars » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:18 pm

No, I don't.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:24 pm

madpwr1 wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:
madpwr1 wrote:i'm tryin to attach a file that has an "asx" extension, i added it to the extension control and real media once and streams another time as the Extension Group and both settings gives me a response "No post mode specified" when i attempt to attach ...

I lost you on this one... so I'll ask how big are these files?

i've uploaded a file that was 7.26MB without a problem but this file that's giving me the "No post mode specified" is 16.8MB ... i haven't tried a file size inbetween these two yet

In notepad paste this:

Code: Select all

<?php phpinfo() ?>
Save it as phpinfo.php and upload it to your server. Open the file up in a browser and look for post_max_size and upload_max_size to see what your limitations are.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:25 pm

stavatars wrote: Hey. I installed this mod successfully on my forums a few days ago. I only had two skins then, though, LCARS and the SubSilver. I installed two more skins successfully. I then tried to install this mod on those skins without success and can't figure out where I went wrong.

I edited all the files in the template it said to and uploaded them, knowing the rest were shared by the templates for the whole forum. And then I uploaded them, and tested it. I did not upload those two files that 'install' it, for fear that it would mess up the other two skins. I only edited the template files because I thought that would be enough. This is the error I got when I tried to test the attachment for the new skins.

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/havaris_ariba_155.jpg.

You need to chmod your files folder to 777 or read/write all.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:25 pm

@Qudeid: I haven't forgotten about your request but I'm running around today so later on I'll get to you.

stavatars

Post by stavatars » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:29 pm

Well, I feel like an idiot... that's all it took?

Qudeid

Post by Qudeid » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:36 pm

@stavatars: Hm.. Okay, I obviously learned now something too... ^^*

@David: Thanks, it's no problem. It's not that it's a thing that must be done by now. It would just be great if it would be possible. Oh. And one little request in addition to that... If it isn't something very simple, at least for a programmer ^^, could you please explain what, or why you do this or that? Would really be nice!

Qudeid

madpwr1

Post by madpwr1 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:18 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
madpwr1 wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:
madpwr1 wrote:i'm tryin to attach a file that has an "asx" extension, i added it to the extension control and real media once and streams another time as the Extension Group and both settings gives me a response "No post mode specified" when i attempt to attach ...

I lost you on this one... so I'll ask how big are these files?

i've uploaded a file that was 7.26MB without a problem but this file that's giving me the "No post mode specified" is 16.8MB ... i haven't tried a file size inbetween these two yet

In notepad paste this:

<?php phpinfo() ?>
Save it as phpinfo.php and upload it to your server. Open the file up in a browser and look for post_max_size and upload_max_size to see what your limitations are.

post_max_size and upload_max_size are both 8M for both local and master value ... any way to increase this?

Qudeid

Post by Qudeid » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:28 pm

This is a value that's determined by the host. There is actually no way YOU can increase it by yourself. I don't know if the host can (I think he can). But I don't think if you ask that he will change it for you.

Be happy, my host only supports files up to 500 kb ^^...

ninjamasterdave

allow docs?

Post by ninjamasterdave » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:39 pm

Hey guys-- quick question on the attachment mod-

I want to allow .doc files to be uploaded. How do I do this?

(tried to search, but the search wasnt working for some reason)

Appreciate the help!

Qudeid

Post by Qudeid » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:46 pm

Firstly you go into the ACP, of course. In there you see the "File-Extension" or what ever extension part, right? In there should be something like "fileextesion groups" or so (second entry). There must be a group called "Documents". Just check the "allowed" or "permitted" box (I'm using german, so I don't know the precise english term, that's in use here). Save it. And it should work.

ninjamasterdave

fantastic!

Post by ninjamasterdave » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:01 pm

Thank you sir! Many thanks!!!

Qudeid

Post by Qudeid » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:03 pm

Sir... that reminds me heavily of Soul of the Fire by Terry Goodkind ^^.

Anyway, that was absolutely no problem :)

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:08 pm

madpwr1 wrote: post_max_size and upload_max_size are both 8M for both local and master value ... any way to increase this?

If you've got total control over your server then just change these in php.ini. Otherwise you can try to override the settings using .htaccess files but this would require that the host allows overriding of php settings via this method. Again...in notepad enter this info:

php_value upload_max_filesize 128M
php_value post_max_size 128M
Change the values according to what you want. Save it as .htaccess. It might add .txt to the end of it but that's no big deal. Upload this to your forum's root folder and remove the ".txt" portion of the file if it was added. If you get a 500 Host error when you try to get to your forum then they don't allow this type of override. Your only other option would be to ask your hosting provider to increase these values. Sometimes they'll do it for their customers...other times they just want to save resources and will say no in which case you're stuck :?

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:09 pm

Qudeid wrote: @David: Thanks, it's no problem. It's not that it's a thing that must be done by now. It would just be great if it would be possible. Oh. And one little request in addition to that... If it isn't something very simple, at least for a programmer ^^, could you please explain what, or why you do this or that? Would really be nice!

Not really sure what you're asking for. An explanation of what each edit will do?

Qudeid

Post by Qudeid » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:41 am

yeah, but only briefly.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”