Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

thedom wrote: The person who wrote that mod and the author of attachment mod...
are the same. :wink:

Code: Select all

################################################################# 
## MOD Title: Attachment Mod Addon (View Attachments)
## MOD Version: 1.0.2
## MOD Author: Acyd Burn < N/A > (Meik Sievertsen) http://www.opentools.de
##
## Description:  Display all of your Attachments on a forums basis. It's similar to the memberlist.
##
Here is the official webpage on sourceforge.net: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=181325

I already made a search and I don't think there is a topic for Attachment mod only in the forums. So I found logical to post it here.

I guess I'm not the only one to have this bug.
Acyd, even if you're very busy with the beta, if you can help me...
Or if anybody else ? Thanks. :)

That was never released to the phpBB mods database so there would be no support for it here. Your best bet would be to go to the www.opentools.de board in order to get any help besides the fact that I haven't seen him on this topic in over a year maybe more.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
dudeman651

Other Template issue

Post by dudeman651 »

I was hoping someone could help me.. The MOD works GREAT on SubSilver, but I'm having one issue with the viewtopic_body.tpl using the Morpheusx templates. I can't figure out where to place this replacement text. I'm pretty good at figuring it all out, but this one STUMPS me completely.

The issue? The attachment won't view when reading a message -- none of the attachment data is displayed -- nothing. I believe it's because this replacement text can't be placed in the viewtopic_body.tpl IAW the instructions.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be most sincerely grateful!

Here is the relevent section:

#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# around line 39
<td colspan="2"><span class="postbody">{postrow.MESSAGE}{postrow.SIGNATURE}</span><span class="gensmall">{postrow.EDITED_MESSAGE}</span></td>

#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# around line 39 (directly in that line)
{postrow.SIGNATURE}

#
#-----[ IN-LINE BEFORE, ADD ]---------------------------------------
#
</span>{postrow.ATTACHMENTS}<span class="postbody">
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Did you add it anywhere in the file?
sgrayban
Name: Scott

Post by sgrayban »

Nice add-on but a real pain to install. You should make this EasyMOD compatible.
Cheers,
Scott

"War is the sum of all evils"
Major Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, US Army 1861
dudeman651

Post by dudeman651 »

Yes of course, and I couldn't find ANYWHERE to place it where it functioned... THAT template in Morpheusx is a very complicated template. I think it calls templates that call other templates (using different code) to call specific elements of the message. It's very different than the subsilver.

DavidIQ wrote: Did you add it anywhere in the file?
sgrayban
Name: Scott

Post by sgrayban »

zzam wrote: OK I found the spot. In attach_mod/posting_attachments.php, all new files get chmodded to 0666 (which meand reas and write permissions for everybody). I just changed it to 0640 which is what I want (-rw-r-----), and things seem to be working OK.

Now the next step is to mod the system to store the files as (----------) and temporarily chmod them to (-rw-r-----) while reading/writing...

Don't hesitate to tell me if i'm just breaking my system here... :)

You need to learn what the octal settings are first. If you use 640 you have just now screwed yourself because the WORLD can't read it.

In order of the octal 640...

Code: Select all

6	w/r            - owner
4	r               - group
0	no access  - world
What you NEED is 644 so that the WORLD can read it at least. In other words without this web users will get a forbidden error.

Edit: Technically you need 664 so that the web server can also delete the attachment.
Cheers,
Scott

"War is the sum of all evils"
Major Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, US Army 1861
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

dudeman651 wrote: Yes of course, and I couldn't find ANYWHERE to place it where it functioned... THAT template in Morpheusx is a very complicated template. I think it calls templates that call other templates (using different code) to call specific elements of the message. It's very different than the subsilver.

DavidIQ wrote:Did you add it anywhere in the file?

Did you search at www.phpbbstyles.com the place you probably got the template from? It's a conflict between eXtreme styles mod, morpheusx, and Attachmod.
dudeman651

Post by dudeman651 »

DavidIQ wrote: Did you add it anywhere in the file?
[/quote]
Did you search at www.phpbbstyles.com the place you probably got the template from? It's a conflict between eXtreme styles mod, morpheusx, and Attachmod.[/quote]

I hadn't been to that site in "AGES"... And -- yes -- they had a solution - indicated by this thread (for the benifit of someone else who stumbles on my question :)

http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.ph ... ttachement

Much Thanks :)
Anaximenes

Post by Anaximenes »

I totally love this mod and it's been working well, except...

one user viewing from a tightly secured place seems to only see images after she has made a post

another user never sees the thumbnails, only the 'Click here to see full-size' which was my hacked replacement for the table set-up. She says it's the only site she's had problems viewing images.

www.g*rampianlife.co.uk (without the *)

Any ideas ?
who lives in the moment lives forever...
shastin

Post by shastin »

I'd love to use this hack, but I was hoping to get it a lil' custom??? I don't wanna install the graphics attachment part and all that, I just want to use the stream feature with mp3 with the attachment mod...any ideas?
Vikul

Warnign messages

Post by Vikul »

I attach a word doc to a post and then try to submit it ... I am getting this error

Warning: basename() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/attach_mod/posting_attachments.php on line 825

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/attach_mod/posting_attachments.php:825) in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 523

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/attach_mod/posting_attachments.php:825) in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 525

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/attach_mod/posting_attachments.php:825) in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 526

The resulting post doesn't have any filename ...

Any idea what is going wrong ???

Thanks
Vikul
DavidIQ

Re: Warnign messages

Post by DavidIQ »

Vikul wrote: I attach a word doc to a post and then try to submit it ... I am getting this error

Warning: basename() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/attach_mod/posting_attachments.php on line 825

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/attach_mod/posting_attachments.php:825) in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 523

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/attach_mod/posting_attachments.php:825) in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 525

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/attach_mod/posting_attachments.php:825) in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 526

The resulting post doesn't have any filename ...

Any idea what is going wrong ???

Thanks
Vikul

Poking around...can you upload any other filetype? Is this your own server?
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

shastin wrote: I'd love to use this hack, but I was hoping to get it a lil' custom??? I don't wanna install the graphics attachment part and all that, I just want to use the stream feature with mp3 with the attachment mod...any ideas?

Those are settings you can turn on and off. Have fun :wink:
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Did you attach it as "physical"? You cant attach something like that "inline".
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Ah...didn't think about that one... good one :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”