Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

There are 18 TPLs in the attach-mod zip for you to copy in. Then there are 12 TPLs which must be editted. Look in the docs/install.txt for instructions.
shredrex

Post by shredrex »

In that page of gobbilty gook are my answers huh..........wow........lol

Well I guess we can get by without that mod in future. That is way too much for me. Thanks anyways guys!
DaMeZ

Post by DaMeZ »

hi when i install dis mod my forum crashes can somone please me help me here da image of wat happens

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

DaMeZ wrote: hi when i install dis mod my forum crashes can somone please me help me here da image of wat happens

Yeah...that doesn't help. I can't read the error message :roll:
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

shredrex wrote: In that page of gobbilty gook are my answers huh..........wow........lol

Well I guess we can get by without that mod in future. That is way too much for me. Thanks anyways guys!

This might be easier for you:
http://phpbb.davidiq.com/viewtopic.php?t=5
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

kirilart wrote: Greetings from Bulgaria!

I've installed mod following the instructions, but I'm receiving the following error. If I try to attach file to a message everything is going normal, but if I try to edit my post, for example to erase the attachment, and leave the post without it, I receive a blank screen with this line:
phpBB : Critical Error
You tried to change an attachment you do not have access to

I'll be glad if someone could help me. Thanks in advance!

You got me there...did you do the attachment as admin and are now trying to do so as a regular user or something funky like that? 8O
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Well...just in case...you might want to check this edit:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
# 
includes/auth.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# around line 105
		case AUTH_ATTACH:
			break;

default:
			break;
	}

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------------
# the Line have to be added AFTER the closing brace
	attach_setup_basic_auth($type, $auth_fields, $a_sql);
Make sure it's in the CORRECT location.
Burn

Post by Burn »

Is there anyway to let the non-signed-in users see the link to the attachment in the post, but when clicking it they have to sign-in before they can download it?
shredrex

Post by shredrex »

DavidIQ wrote:
shredrex wrote:In that page of gobbilty gook are my answers huh..........wow........lol

This might be easier for you:
http://phpbb.davidiq.com/viewtopic.php?t=5

I found a set of premodded files that I downloaded.......copied those over to the forum directory and all worked fine again. Thank god I saved those a while back, never knew they would be that handy.
depot3d

Premodified files

Post by depot3d »

I read where you could do this with premodified files. Does that mean there is an actual file folder named premodified? I may be making this too difficult but I have read and re-read and still confused on how to install this.
ProDJ Tech

Re: Premodified files

Post by ProDJ Tech »

depot3d wrote: I read where you could do this with premodified files. Does that mean there is an actual file folder named premodified? I may be making this too difficult but I have read and re-read and still confused on how to install this.

The pre-modified files are only for use on a plain vanilla phpBB install, which means there are no other MODs installed, and for use with the subSilver template only.

The pre-modified files are not included by default in the package on the phpBB site. You need to go to the following site to download the pre-modified files: http://sourceforge.net/projects/acydmods/

Hint: If you are using a different phpBB template other than subSilver, you can still use the pre-modified files--just don't use the pre-mod files in the templates directory. Once that's done, follow the full attachment mod instructions to edit only the template files (*.tpl). (You will need a moderate level of HTML code comprehension to attempt this in case the lines you are looking for do not appear exactly as they would in the subSilver .tpl files.)
Dwight Porter
ProDJ.Com
====
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

I was under the impression that Sourceforge did not have pre-mod files for 2.0.22... That they were only on DavidIQ's site.
RooMeat

Post by RooMeat »

Probably a dumb question that has already been answered.. but short of going through 1300 odd pages I can not find the answer.

How do I reduce the size of the image thumbnails of attached pictures.
As you can see in the following link.. they are too big.
http://www.ozcruisers.com/viewtopic.php?p=3738#3738
shredrex

Re: Premodified files

Post by shredrex »

ProDJ Tech wrote:
depot3d wrote:I read where you could do this with premodified files. Does that mean there is an actual file folder named premodified? I may be making this too difficult but I have read and re-read and still confused on how to install this.

The pre-modified files are only for use on a plain vanilla phpBB install, which means there are no other MODs installed, and for use with the subSilver template only.

The pre-modified files are not included by default in the package on the phpBB site. You need to go to the following site to download the pre-modified files: http://sourceforge.net/projects/acydmods/

Hint: If you are using a different phpBB template other than subSilver, you can still use the pre-modified files--just don't use the pre-mod files in the templates directory. Once that's done, follow the full attachment mod instructions to edit only the template files (*.tpl). (You will need a moderate level of HTML code comprehension to attempt this in case the lines you are looking for do not appear exactly as they would in the subSilver .tpl files.)

All I did was rename the subSilver template to the one I use and upload the pre-mod files. Since it was already installed on the previous template it all worked fine. I did get the files from SF some time ago.....just in case.
Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

RooMeat wrote: Probably a dumb question that has already been answered.. but short of going through 1300 odd pages I can not find the answer.

How do I reduce the size of the image thumbnails of attached pictures.
As you can see in the following link.. they are too big.
http://www.ozcruisers.com/viewtopic.php?p=3738#3738

You could try this.
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=301883

It worked for me in the past, but it's been awhile since I've been around.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”