Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
2035
71%
Very Good
444
16%
Good
175
6%
Fair
54
2%
Poor
156
5%
 
Total votes: 2864

daveamb
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:59 am

Post by daveamb »

If you just read the error you'll notice that it's trying to write a file to files/thumbs. Do you have a files/thumbs directory? And if you do is it writeable by all (777)? At some point you decided to turn on thumbnails and is probably why you're seeing this error now.


Right you are, sorry about that. I can see why the error occured.

We used to have all our attachment groups set to "inline" and working fine. Then after the upgrade, images that were of a large size and required to be downloaded would open a new browser window them prompt the user with a dialog to save or open, which was undesirable for us.

At that point I set the image attachment group to "physical" after reading the phpbb forums which appeared to fix this. However, quite some time ago I'd had a failed attempt to get thumbnails displaying, and after an upgrade on our server, this started working properly but didn't have a thumbs folder.

Whoops! Got it all sorted now by disabling thumbs and leaving it set to "physical". Appreciate the help!
fire_eye
Registered User
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:33 pm

Cant see the "attachment option"

Post by fire_eye »

hello,
I loaded the attachment mod sucessfully (or what I thought). When in the Admin control panel I made sure to have "attachment mod disabled" set to "no", however when you go to make a new post under the forum I dont see any "attachment" options.

Am I missing something?
User avatar
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 52105
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 7:47 pm
Location: {postrow.POSTER_FROM}
Contact:

Re: Cant see the "attachment option"

Post by Brf »

fire_eye wrote: hello,
I loaded the attachment mod sucessfully (or what I thought).


Did you follow the instructions in install.txt?
n_s_simpson
Registered User
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:01 am

Attachment MOD working except with a certain image

Post by n_s_simpson »

I have the attachment MOD installed at it's always worked perfectly.

However a user tried to upload an image and it does upload but then fails to do anything (black screen). I think it's stopping while creating the thumbnail using GD.

The file that's not uploading can be downloaded here:

http://www.forum.love2skydive.co.uk/007.JPG

Can anyone else shed some light?

I think the image is a bit strange in the first place but I need to know if there's any error catching I can use to stop the blank screen.

Maybe someone could save this image onto their PC and then try and upload it. See if you get any further. I am using the GD option to create the thumbnail as the Imagick option is not available to use on my server :cry:

Thanks

Nick
hponce
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:22 pm

Post by hponce »

i'm getting this message trying to install this mod with easy installer.. :

Could not query attachment information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'speedrac_phpbb.phpbb_attachments_config' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_attachments_config

Line : 80
File : attachment_mod.php
Tam2oo5
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:38 pm

Post by Tam2oo5 »

Hey can you help me please?, I installed attach mod using easy mod . And everything was ok then i had to reinstall my template and now i dont get the option to attach when posting. However the attachment features are still in my admin panel. Any idea whats up?

Thanks
User avatar
ashras99
Registered User
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:09 pm

Post by ashras99 »

Hello,

I installed this mod and working absolutely fine but i dont want to give users a control panel to remove or add the files from their, so please tell me how to disable the control panel features for users.
daversion
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:11 am

Post by daversion »

*EDIT* I solved my own problem, but I left the post in case you might have the same problem.

NOTE: You must have the subSilver theme *active* in your admin panel or else it will come up with the error message I was shown below...



hi guys/gals.. followed the directions for the mod for a "new install"

1. copied files to directory
2. ran install.php successfully
3. copied "premodified files" located @ http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=66311 to my phpbb directory (the files i copied over were for 2.0.21, not my version 2.0.22 (i dont know if that would make a difference)

The "Attachments" menu is showing in my Admin Panel, however when I click on any of the menu items, i get messages similar to:
Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/attach_cp_body.tpl does not exist

Any input? Thanks in advance!
n_s_simpson
Registered User
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:01 am

GD extension update...

Post by n_s_simpson »

Just found out that the attachment mod thumbnail creation part no longer works for some reason although the image is being uploaded.

I just get a blank screen after the image has uploaded.

It was working and generating thumbnails and the only thing that's changed is my hosting company increased the max upload to 20M for 2M.

Any thoughts?

Nick
User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17316
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ »

hponce wrote: i'm getting this message trying to install this mod with easy installer.. :

Could not query attachment information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'speedrac_phpbb.phpbb_attachments_config' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_attachments_config

Line : 80
File : attachment_mod.php

You missed the easiest part...running the install/install.php script.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17316
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ »

Tam2oo5 wrote: Hey can you help me please?, I installed attach mod using easy mod . And everything was ok then i had to reinstall my template and now i dont get the option to attach when posting. However the attachment features are still in my admin panel. Any idea whats up?

Thanks

You've undone all of the template edits required by this mod. You'll have to redo all edits in the docs/install.txt file pertaining to .tpl files.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17316
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ »

ashras99 wrote: Hello,

I installed this mod and working absolutely fine but i dont want to give users a control panel to remove or add the files from their, so please tell me how to disable the control panel features for users.

Delete the uacp.php file. They'll just get an error page but won't be able to delete files.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17316
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ »

daversion wrote: *EDIT* I solved my own problem, but I left the post in case you might have the same problem.

NOTE: You must have the subSilver theme *active* in your admin panel or else it will come up with the error message I was shown below...



hi guys/gals.. followed the directions for the mod for a "new install"

1. copied files to directory
2. ran install.php successfully
3. copied "premodified files" located @ http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=66311 to my phpbb directory (the files i copied over were for 2.0.21, not my version 2.0.22 (i dont know if that would make a difference)

The "Attachments" menu is showing in my Admin Panel, however when I click on any of the menu items, i get messages similar to:
Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/attach_cp_body.tpl does not exist

Any input? Thanks in advance!

That's not a solution at all :roll:

You have to copy the template files over to whatever template you're using. Otherwise the mod won't work elsewhere in your forum.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
n_s_simpson
Registered User
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:01 am

Help with GD extensions if possible...

Post by n_s_simpson »

Firstly please can someone test this who is using the GD extension rather then imagemagick.

My forum can create some thumbnails but other times I get a blank screen. It seems to depend on the image but not sure why it's being fussy.

If someone downloads the following image (this doesn't work for me):
http://www.forum.love2skydive.co.uk/007.JPG

Can you please upload it and see if the thumbnail is created via GD or whether you get a blank screen?

My hosting company is checking out whether it's something on the server but say it's probably the script that's failing.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Nick
Besatt
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:36 am

Post by Besatt »

Besatt wrote:
Brf wrote:
Besatt wrote: is there a way to stop the attachment mod from renaming/adding numbers to the uploaded files?


No. You wouldnt want to do that... Otherwise someone could upload an attachment with the same name as yours and overwrite it....


Yes, I thought of that too, it would be bad for digicam files for example.

But if you wanna upload splitted archives (.rar) it gets very messy with all the renaming as the files need to have the same names as when they were packed (filename.part01.rar, filename.part02.rar and so on...) for Winrar to be able to unpack it.

I want to use this solution when uploading larger files like videos. With the renaming it won´t work without renaming the dloaded files to their original filenames again. Is there a way to have a special rule for rar archives?

Thanks in advance! :)


Sorry for bumping, but is there a solution for this?
All info appreciated!
Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”