Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

GoleyC

Re: Attachment Mod

Post by GoleyC » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:53 pm

Brf wrote: I have never used quotas... I would guess that that user has two conflicting quotas... either two group quotas, or a user quota.

Actually, the User Permission have the Upload Quota set to what the 'Default Quota Limit' is set at under the 'Attachment Settings'.

But, here's what I've been able to figure out so far.

This setting:
Filesize
Maximum filesize for Attachments. A value of 0 means 'unlimited'. This Setting is restricted by your Server Configuration. For example, if your php Configuration only allows a maximum of 2 MB uploads, this cannot be overwritten by the Mod.
Seems to override all settings of upload quota.

So if this is set to something like 1MB, it doesn't matter what the Quota Limits are set at, as those will be ignored and the 'Filesize' setting will be the top level of allowable size. If we increase the size, then any file up to that size is allowed.

I've read the manual that came with the attachment mod, but just cannot seem to figure out how the Groups Quota limit is put into affect.

I might be over looking something, as I know there as to be a simple solution to this Quota Limit..

I
CG

StanDouglas

Re: Attachment Mod guest?

Post by StanDouglas » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:41 pm

I have a slight problem. I am running version 2.0.22 of phpBB2 and 245 of the attachment mod. I resently added a new forum and when images are uploaded to it they are only visible if the user logs in. If the user is a guest there are no images. All my other forums display the images for guests.

I can't find where this would be controlled through any settings. Am I missing something in the user manual or do I have mistake in changes somewhere. This mod has been installed and working since 2.0.22 came out and everything else seems OK.

Hope you all can help

Stan D.
"Pain is temporary, quitting is permanent!" Lance Armstrong

Stan

Xelious[TOp]

Post by Xelious[TOp] » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:06 am

Fatal error: Call to undefined function include_attach_lang() in /home/.hon/twilightcity/topgamingteam.net/forum/admin/admin_extensions.php on line 54

I get that when I try to click any links in the admin cp

I uploaded all the files to where they were supposed to be

then ran install.php

It said it was successfully installed and then bam I get this error.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:42 am

GoleyC wrote:
Brf wrote: I have never used quotas... I would guess that that user has two conflicting quotas... either two group quotas, or a user quota.

Actually, the User Permission have the Upload Quota set to what the 'Default Quota Limit' is set at under the 'Attachment Settings'.

But, here's what I've been able to figure out so far.

This setting:
Filesize
Maximum filesize for Attachments. A value of 0 means 'unlimited'. This Setting is restricted by your Server Configuration. For example, if your php Configuration only allows a maximum of 2 MB uploads, this cannot be overwritten by the Mod.
Seems to override all settings of upload quota.

So if this is set to something like 1MB, it doesn't matter what the Quota Limits are set at, as those will be ignored and the 'Filesize' setting will be the top level of allowable size. If we increase the size, then any file up to that size is allowed.

I've read the manual that came with the attachment mod, but just cannot seem to figure out how the Groups Quota limit is put into affect.

I might be over looking something, as I know there as to be a simple solution to this Quota Limit..

I

You are totally confused as to what quotas are supposed to do. The quota is the total filesize amount of files a user is allowed to upload. It does not limit the size of a file being uploaded.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

DavidIQ

Re: Attachment Mod guest?

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:42 am

StanDouglas wrote: I have a slight problem. I am running version 2.0.22 of phpBB2 and 245 of the attachment mod. I resently added a new forum and when images are uploaded to it they are only visible if the user logs in. If the user is a guest there are no images. All my other forums display the images for guests.

I can't find where this would be controlled through any settings. Am I missing something in the user manual or do I have mistake in changes somewhere. This mod has been installed and working since 2.0.22 came out and everything else seems OK.

Hope you all can help

Stan D.

Check forum permissions.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:43 am

Xelious[TOp] wrote: Fatal error: Call to undefined function include_attach_lang() in /home/.hon/twilightcity/topgamingteam.net/forum/admin/admin_extensions.php on line 54

I get that when I try to click any links in the admin cp

I uploaded all the files to where they were supposed to be

then ran install.php

It said it was successfully installed and then bam I get this error.

Did you do any of the 30+ edits listed in docs/install.txt?

StanDouglas

Re: Attachment Mod permissions

Post by StanDouglas » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:25 pm

Thanks David IQ,
I had the download permission set at "REG". :oops:

Stan
"Pain is temporary, quitting is permanent!" Lance Armstrong

Stan

sagat4

cannot download the Attachment Mod

Post by sagat4 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:53 pm

Hi, i tried downloading the ZIP but the file cannot be found. Anyone has any alternative links?

thanks

yobie

Post by yobie » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:05 pm

sagat4

Post by sagat4 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:13 pm

thanks bud

iaminmd

Post by iaminmd » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:17 pm

How can I set that after reply and then you can download...?

betasigman

Post by betasigman » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:56 pm

After upgrading from 2.2.20 to 2.0.22, I received an error message that states something about "install.php not authorized"
I then installed the install mod and run the install/update_to _latest and it stated that everything was installed and to delete install & contrib.
After that I get this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: attach_setup_basic_auth() in /home/content/b/e/t/betasigman/html/phpbb2/includes/auth.php on line 111

Any help is highly appreciated.
john

betasigman

Post by betasigman » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:40 pm

I might have made a huge mistake, I think I used to have attachments.php,v 1.2 2005/11/06, and I used the attach_mod_245.zip to update.
I get this message whenever I run the update:
"Updating from Attachment Mod Version 2.4.5 to latest Release"

betasigman

Post by betasigman » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:19 pm

From this:
Information

Database type :: mysql4
Previous version :: 2.0.22
Updated version :: 2.0.22
Updating database schema

Progress :: No updates required
Updating data

Progress :: No updates were required
Updating version and optimizing tables

Progress :: . . Done
Result :: No errors
Update completed

Please make sure you have updated your board files too, this file is only updating your database.

You should now visit the General Configuration settings page in the Administration Panel and check the General Configuration of the board. If you updated from versions prior to RC-3 you must update some entries. If you do not do this emails sent from the board will contain incorrect information. Don't forget to delete this file!

To this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: attach_setup_basic_auth() in /home/content/b/e/t/betasigman/html/phpbb2/includes/auth.php on line 111

Any help is highly appreciated.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:24 pm

How did you update from 2.0.20 to 2.0.22?
If you replaced some files, you will have to redo any and all mods to those files.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”