Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

Dargathi

Thankyou

Post by Dargathi » Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:57 am

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!

Fantastic mod, perfect for my requirements,

Breas to install (if you are thorough and patient)

*HUGE SMILE*

realMindfanatix

Post by realMindfanatix » Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:27 pm

how can i use the mod in a other image-style

i use the style "Solaris" an the mod, it´s not shown!
in supSilver the Mod works perfect an i love it :D .

i hope you can healp me or give me the path to an existing answer!

thanks a lot for the healp!!

FX

Post by FX » Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:08 pm

how can i use the mod in a other image-style

i use the style "Solaris" an the mod, it´s not shown!
in supSilver the Mod works perfect an i love it .

i hope you can healp me or give me the path to an existing answer!

thanks a lot for the healp!!

Did you have modify your .tpl files for all templates ?

BrideXIII

Post by BrideXIII » Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:50 pm

Ok STILL no sign of download capability? I checked how it should look on another site, I dont have a little icon showing? now I used the pre-done files in the contrib folder when I first put this mod on, everything else works fine, any clue as to what I have or have not done?

edited: Ignore this , I have been more stupid than normal, I had no idea this only applied for files like .zips etc, thought it was for pics too. DUH!!

it works just fine.

Cutlass81

fatal error

Post by Cutlass81 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:15 am

when i view my board, i get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: attach_setup_basic_auth() in /mnt/datadisk/users/webs/a-body.net/forum/phpBB2/includes/auth.php on line 112

my auth.php where i am supposed to edit looks like this...

..which looks exactly the same as the pre-edited files that are provided. what can i do to fix this? :oops:

thanks!
- Joe

Jynks

How do you define other file type attachments?

Post by Jynks » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:34 am

The search is broken, sorry if this is said in the 45 other pages

I have just installed this MOD and it seams to be working perfectly though I can only upload the defined file types. Were can I specify other formats to upload?

Jynks

Jynks

Post by Jynks » Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:40 pm

Also the upload and downlaod is working fine. Though if I try to upload a larger file say 2megs it dosn't work but small files work real well.

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:42 pm

this is covered in the inastall docs that came with the mod. under docs there is an html page that has pics end everything. It is very complete. I have not installed it yet but I did look through the documentation first.

devilsharvest

Attached pics show in profile

Post by devilsharvest » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:25 pm

Can we make all pics posted viewable through the users profile? This would promote users to attach pics because it would be increasing their personal gallery on the site?????

Is there any way the attachment mod can upload more than one picture at once. Currently you can attach multiple pics to one post but you have to upload them individually. Can it be made of that you pick all the attachments and then when you hit submit it will upload all of them at once.

I'm a huge user of the attach mod and I have many complaints from users about the 2 things I mentioned above. The only reason users even know such a thing is possible is because my competition site is using vBulletin 2.2.9 and it has the above features...

My Site using phpbb = http://www.devilsharvest.com
Competition using vBulletin 2.2.9 = http://www.overgrow.com

sandyca

delete attachment

Post by sandyca » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:04 pm

Hi, There

It is said that "To delete attachments you'll need to edit your post and click on the Delete Attachment next to the attachment you want to delete in the Posted Attachments box. The attachment will be deleted when you click Submit to add the edited post." in the user guide, but I found when click the delete attachment, the attachment is deleted permanently though I havn't submit yet. Do you have the same problem? How to fix it?

Thanks

Sandy

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:36 pm

***Answer for above***
that is how it should be you simply click delete and the atachment is deleted but you still need to submit your post after that.

*** Now my question***
Ok guys I have redone this a few times just to make sure it's not me. All of my files have been edited corectly and i have poked through the db to make sure the tables and data have been corectly inserted. I'm not getting any errors at all everything works like it should accept when I goto admin there is no admin options at all for this mod.

No error's not blank pages like others have had there is simply no admin choices for this mod at all. I have checked the attach_config.php and it does indeed show the option for showing the admin cp as a 1.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next guys. Thanks for any help.

I'm using this with extreem styles and the profile mod but I have rechecked these multiple times also to make sure they are not the problem all seems to be intalled correctly. Well acept I need to edit the tpl files for the profile mod to get the atachemnts quotas to sho up in the users profile but that is rather small.

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:41 pm

Oh forgot for now I'm using the default subsilver theme and nothing else yet. So it's not just a theme issue either.

sandyca

Post by sandyca » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:29 pm

webmedic wrote: ***Answer for above***
that is how it should be you simply click delete and the atachment is deleted but you still need to submit your post after that.

So, If i just want to remove that file, I don't need to click the "submit" button, right? That how it work on my application. I just feel weird. Cause I haven't submit my changes.

Thanks

Sandy

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:58 pm

No problem let me explain better I hope. Yes you have to click delete and then after that you will have to click submit for your post to be changed. Otherwise I'm not sure what would happen.

Jynks

Post by Jynks » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:49 am

this is covered in the install docs that came with the mod.

Um yea. Well I had read through all that, u know. I mustn't have been very clear. Was real tired and frustrated at that point last night ;) What I ment was that the extensions menu is missing HOW do I fix it. Anyways I figured it out there was a error in my code. Had a value outside a bracket instead of in and the extension menu wasn't working properly. Couldn't find it. Fixed now.

I am still having a few problems that I could do with some help on.

1) I can seam to get small files to upload using the FTP or the www way (I wish to useftp) but the attachments do not have any data for file size.

2) I am getting the BLANK PAGE error talked about in the docs. I am very new to PHP and not a code master in anyway and have no idea what the doc is talking about with trying to fix this error. I am running this off WIN2KSERVER... any help would be much appreciative!!!

I understand I have to look for these

Code: Select all

max_execution_time
memory_limit
post_max_size
file_uploads
upload_max_filesize
But were do I find them?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”