Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:33 pm

DNT04 wrote: I keep getting this error:
Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ././../Videos/

The thing is that I can try to upload lets say a 2mb file and it attaches with no problem. I also double checked to see if the file was in the specifyed path.....and it was. I get the error when I try to upload lets say a 10mb file? Now I read that some providers put limits on my much can be uploaded......So I checked.....My provider doesnt have a limit it's based on webspace avaliable...and I have about a gig free? I also read about Chmod setting needed to be set.....So I set the Video folder to 777........Still no luck :cry: My Attachment Filesize Settings is set @ 0, and upload is 800Mbs.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what I can try or check to make this mod work properly?

Thank You to any replys

looks like your host doesn't accept attachment bigger than 2MB
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Re: NEED HELP!!

Post by morpheus2matrix » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:34 pm

ansafa wrote:
ansafa wrote:PLEASE! Someone help! I have no clue on how to fix this.... :(

Well, I fiddled around with this a bit, and uploaded the original PHPbb 'functions.php' file, just incase something was wrong with that, and it now says:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: attach_setup_basic_auth() in /hsphere/local/home/ba777-23/400scalehangar.com/forum/includes/auth.php on line 111

check if you have uploaded all the files of the MOD. Check also your modifications

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

Timorensis

Post by Timorensis » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:24 pm

Is there a way to re-install Attachment Mod if I've installed it already? I tried to re-install it with EM by uploading it into my admin/mods/ folder but it doesn't appear in EM install. I've deleted every single file on my server relating to the first install as well.

Any help?

scanar

Thanks!

Post by scanar » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:51 pm

This is so good! :D

I installed phpbb Wednesday night and installed this Thursday night. It's Friday and it is pretty well setup as I want it! I am so impressed as I am computer literate but not a programmer or anything.

Thanks again :wink:

ansafa

Re: NEED HELP!!

Post by ansafa » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:51 pm

morpheus2matrix wrote: check if you have uploaded all the files of the MOD. Check also your modifications

Well I fiddled around with it last night, and finally made it work.

I was doing this really late last night, so I dunno if I missed this in the instructions, but you must make the installation files writeable/exectuable (I think that's called CHMOD to 777?). I didn't do this so it never finished the installation. I re-did it, and it worked.

A bit frustrating, but now that it's up and running, I have to say, this is one sweet mod! Thanks to all who made this! :wink:

willemke72

Upload Quota: possiblle for download quota ?

Post by willemke72 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:37 pm

hello,
First of all !!! GREAT JOB !!!

i setup phpBB on monday add attach_mod on thursday and everything went fine without any trouble thanks to the "readme" creator

my question : is it possiblle to add also the download Stats / Quota on the users profile ?

Upload Quota:

0% 50% 100%
[Uploaded: ??.?? MB / Quota: Unlimited / 0% of total]
[Downloaded: ??.?? MB / Quota: Unlimited / 0% of total] ???

Regards

dennysp

Getting error when running the table config.

Post by dennysp » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:45 am

Hi,
I'm getting this error when I run the mod_table_inst.php file from my browser:

Warning: Failed opening 'modules/Forums/mod_table_inst.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/awdfever/www/html/nuke/modules.php on line 43
Sorry, such file doesn't exist...

I'm using phpnuke 7 with phpbb 2.0.6.

I copied all the files to the correct location via telnet. Is there somthing missing?

Thanks
-d

Tonic

Post by Tonic » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:26 am

[You are not able to use the FTP Upload Methods, because FTP Extensions are not compiled into your PHP Installation.]

Okay, I know I can not use "FTP Upload methods" and read the user guide... all it told me is I am unable to use FTP upload methods. Is there a way to enable it? Or does this simply mean I can not use attachment mod?

Please tell me how (if i can) fix the problem :'(

driftir

Post by driftir » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:24 am

so i started to install this amazing mod, and i have already changed half the code (yes i'm stupid and i chose not to do the preconfiged files.) but anyays, before i even started this, i noticed that something was wrong in the admin control panel. the "extensions" and "attachments" section of the panel are messed up. they show the form, but not the accompanying text. so i see a bunch of blank form boxes and drop downs, but no text to describe them!

any suggestions?

Tonic

Post by Tonic » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:48 am

Lots of people encounter that problem. It's caused by (i forgot which ones :o) either the language files not being uploaded, or the includes... I'm not even sure if I'm right. But, I had the same problem, read some of the posts, and figured out it was a matter of uploading some files again, even though I was sure I had uploaded them.

I beleive it was this though: In the contrib directory with all the pre-made files, in phpbb_attach, there is an includes folder. If you are ftp'ing the files, make sure you upload them file by file instead of uploading the whole folder.

contrib/phpbb_attach/includes/(6 files) --> phpbb/contrib/(6 files)

Hope it helps 8O

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Re: Upload Quota: possiblle for download quota ?

Post by morpheus2matrix » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:40 am

willemke72 wrote: hello,
First of all !!! GREAT JOB !!!

i setup phpBB on monday add attach_mod on thursday and everything went fine without any trouble thanks to the "readme" creator

my question : is it possiblle to add also the download Stats / Quota on the users profile ?

Upload Quota:

0% 50% 100%
[Uploaded: ??.?? MB / Quota: Unlimited / 0% of total]
[Downloaded: ??.?? MB / Quota: Unlimited / 0% of total] ???

Regards

not possible in the actual version IIRC

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Re: Getting error when running the table config.

Post by morpheus2matrix » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:41 am

dennysp wrote: Hi,
I'm getting this error when I run the mod_table_inst.php file from my browser:

Warning: Failed opening 'modules/Forums/mod_table_inst.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/awdfever/www/html/nuke/modules.php on line 43
Sorry, such file doesn't exist...

I'm using phpnuke 7 with phpbb 2.0.6.

I copied all the files to the correct location via telnet. Is there somthing missing?

Thanks
-d

this MOD is not designed to work on any NUKE Portal :
This Version will NOT work with phpBB2 Modules designed for *Nuke Portals.

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:43 am

Tonic wrote: [You are not able to use the FTP Upload Methods, because FTP Extensions are not compiled into your PHP Installation.]

Okay, I know I can not use "FTP Upload methods" and read the user guide... all it told me is I am unable to use FTP upload methods. Is there a way to enable it? Or does this simply mean I can not use attachment mod?

Please tell me how (if i can) fix the problem :'(

to enable it, your host must re-build your PHP version (on the server) with FTP extension.

Currently, you need to desactivate the FTP method of the MOD (in your ACP)

Skyraider

Post by Skyraider » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:00 pm

morpheus2matrix wrote:
Skyraider wrote:
could you check on the files which are on your server if the modifications have been made correctly ? (check in first viewtopic.php and viewtopic_body.tpl)

checked. both are modded correctly. i don't know if this will help, but here's my forum: http://barrennorth.com/adventure.

and what about the permissions of the forums ?

those are set correctly.

Fit-Micky

Post by Fit-Micky » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:07 pm

Hello, I went through every step whilst installing this modification and I don't think iv missed anything out, however - I could of done. The attachment mod works perfectly BUT when a user goes to download the uploaded attachments it saves it into there Temp folder and sometimes cannot find the downloaded file in there. I'm sure somebody else would of had this problem and posted in this topic, but i ain't going through 180 pages nu uh no way, I did check the first 6 though :)

Any help how to fix this much appreciated - Thanks!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”