Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

nazneen wrote: Hello all,

I run the free version of the forum software. Yesterday evening (UK time) board members opened a photos thread and uploaded a few pics to the forum. Nothing hugely bandwith-eating - and today, they have all disappeared! Now, unless someone is tinkering with my account, I presume they should still be there. That is unless there is a limited number of hours the photos will be hosted for.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on the problem? Quite puzzled here.

Cheers everyone,
Nazneen

Were they posted as attachments or posted with the [img][/img] tag? Check in the ACP under Shadow Attachments and see if they are there (meaning they no longer are linked to a post)

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

zebragrrl wrote: Back in the world of my problems.. I've reinstalled the forums under a new path, with a new table prefix, and installed the "really neccessary" mods. It's all working together fairly nicely this time.

http://outpost1138.blacklight.net/

I like the theme. It has a nice feel to it.

I had a problem with my test forum today that when I added the attachment MOD to subBlack, out of nowhere all attachments quit working, no option to upload, couldn't see any attachments, nothing! (tho none of the attachments went to shadow). I recopied the files to my test forum, and it worked again. I am totally lost as to why this happened.

zebragrrl

Post by zebragrrl »

nazneen wrote: Hello all,

I run the free version of the forum software. Yesterday evening (UK time) board members opened a photos thread and uploaded a few pics to the forum. Nothing hugely bandwith-eating - and today, they have all disappeared! Now, unless someone is tinkering with my account, I presume they should still be there. That is unless there is a limited number of hours the photos will be hosted for.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on the problem? Quite puzzled here.

Cheers everyone,
Nazneen

If the posts are still there, but the files themselves are gone, your ISP may have deleted them. If the posts are gone, the person who posted them may have deleted them.
"Pink is a very threatening colour to some people."

nazneen

Post by nazneen »

Thanks for your help all. They were uploaded from user's computers as attachments - stayed up for about 24 hours, disappeared, and when I checked again this morning, they had returned. Curious eh?

Och well - thanks again
Nazneen :D

larsboelman

security related question

Post by larsboelman »

Hello all,

New to this forum, but not new to phpBB (5 installs now). I've only used the AttachMod so far on my OpenReaders forum. I recently uninstalled the AttachMod after the complete forum died after updating the phpBB install to 2.0.16. I had to reinstall 2.0.15 and reapply the AttachMod to be able to use the backup of my database, which I created before updating the phpBB, to recover the complete forum.

One thing I noticed in the administration panel of my phpBB install at my OpenReaders website, is that since the installation of the AttachMod, there always is another user online which appears to be doing exactly the same as what I'm doing as an administrator. This is really starting to freak me out by now. Only the install that had the AttachMod has got this problem, which is why I post this message here. I've placed a screenshot online, showing what I see in my Administration Panel. It's always the same IP range that's following my actions. Whois says it's some US Army centre in Switzerland, which seems really weird to me.

Anyone have a clue what's going on and how to get rid of this problem (without having to nuke Switzerland)?

/Lars

Tux_Rules

Re: security related question

Post by Tux_Rules »

larsboelman wrote: Hello all,

New to this forum, but not new to phpBB (5 installs now). I've only used the AttachMod so far on my OpenReaders forum. I recently uninstalled the AttachMod after the complete forum died after updating the phpBB install to 2.0.16. I had to reinstall 2.0.15 and reapply the AttachMod to be able to use the backup of my database, which I created before updating the phpBB, to recover the complete forum.

One thing I noticed in the administration panel of my phpBB install at my OpenReaders website, is that since the installation of the AttachMod, there always is another user online which appears to be doing exactly the same as what I'm doing as an administrator. This is really starting to freak me out by now. Only the install that had the AttachMod has got this problem, which is why I post this message here. I've placed a screenshot online, showing what I see in my Administration Panel. It's always the same IP range that's following my actions. Whois says it's some US Army centre in Switzerland, which seems really weird to me.

Anyone have a clue what's going on and how to get rid of this problem (without having to nuke Switzerland)?

/Lars

It's not only with the AttachMOd this happens. I have seen in the support thread the same question asked, and the usuall answer is not to worry about it. I have the same thing on both my site's, the one in my sig as well as /discussion (replace penguin with discussion).

humanbot

SOS!! SOS!!

Post by humanbot »

when i attach any file it is nowhere displayed in posts(altough visible in previews). i am an admin so there shold not be any rights problem....

uploaded files are there in files directory

if it matters i m using phoBB 2.0.16 and i read in readme that file supports upto .15
Last edited by humanbot on Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

larsboelman

so what's the explanation?

Post by larsboelman »

It's not only with the AttachMOd this happens. I have seen in the support thread the same question asked, and the usuall answer is not to worry about it. I have the same thing on both my site's, the one in my sig as well as /discussion (replace penguin with discussion).

Thank you Tux_Rules for your quick answer. It's not a very satisfying answer though. I'd like to know the explanation for this 'ghost' watching my moves. Someone telling me not to worry without a proper explanation is in fact worrying me more...

Tux_Rules

Re: SOS!! SOS!!

Post by Tux_Rules »

humanbot wrote: when i attach any file it is nowhere displayed in posts(altough visible in previews). i am an admin so there shold not be any rights problem....

uploaded files are there in files directory

if it matters i m using phoBB 2.0.16 and i read in readme that file supports upto .15

All you have to do to bring it up to 2.0.16 coding is edit:

Code: Select all

viewtopic.php 
admin/admin_ug_auth.php 
modcp.php
which can be found in the 2.0.15 to 2.0.16 changed files. I am still trying to figure out the post display issue.
Which template are you using and does it have the:viewtopic_attach_body.tpl?

Tux_Rules

Re: so what's the explanation?

Post by Tux_Rules »

larsboelman wrote:

Thank you Tux_Rules for your quick answer. It's not a very satisfying answer though. I'd like to know the explanation for this 'ghost' watching my moves. Someone telling me not to worry without a proper explanation is in fact worrying me more...

I think it has something to do with it holding the I.P address of when you first visit the site, before logging in, and not asscotiating the change when you do log in, therefore it still see's you as a guest even tho you logged in. I could be wrong, but it is the only thing I can think of.

walhanharja

Post by walhanharja »

Tux_Rules wrote:
walhanharja wrote:Dear people,

I'm using this Mod for a while now and just now a user told me he couldn't see this mod in a selected forum.

So just in a part of my forum, some users cannot see that they can add attachments. Does anyone knows what this problem might be ?

Greetz from Belgium...

Double check the permissions in the forum that are being complained about. Sounds as tho they have been changed or not set.

Yep that's it !

THX Tux_Rules

FantaGalliani

Re: stream files

Post by FantaGalliani »

Tux_Rules wrote:
FantaGalliani wrote:why i can't see rm file (real video file)?
i don't understant why i can,t

http://www.lirifantaleague.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5

I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think Windows Media Player will play RM files.

i explane better my problem..
is it possible to change by wmplayer to real player for visualizeing the stream attachment? :?

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

FantaGalliani wrote:
Tux_Rules wrote:

I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think Windows Media Player will play RM files.

is it possible to change by wmplayer to real player for visualizeing the stream attachment? :?

Did you try in the Manage Extension Groups to change the "Download Mode" from "physical" to "inline" for Real Media?

FantaGalliani

Post by FantaGalliani »

Tux_Rules wrote:
FantaGalliani wrote:
Tux_Rules wrote:

Did you try in the Manage Extension Groups to change the "Download Mode" from "physical" to "inline" for Real Media?

yesss :lol:

camille1197

Post by camille1197 »

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/beaniesmall_105.gif.

Up until yesterday people were happily post attachments and now suddenly nothing will load. Everyone is getting this error message no matter what. I've tried several different files (types, sizes, etc.)

PS the above file was actually just called beaniesmall.gif. The 105 was the change.

I have changed nothing. I have done no mods in several weeks, etc.

Any ideas?? :cry: :cry: :cry:

:?:
Camille
http://www.adoptionteatime.com

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”