Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

humanbot

Re: SOS!! SOS!!

Post by humanbot »

All you have to do to bring it up to 2.0.16 coding is edit:

Code: Select all

viewtopic.php 
admin/admin_ug_auth.php 
modcp.php
which can be found in the 2.0.15 to 2.0.16 changed files. I am still trying to figure out the post display issue.
Which template are you using and does it have the:viewtopic_attach_body.tpl?[/quote]

I m using subSilver.
Also a space is diplayed below the signatures in messages with attachment but nothing is visible.I ve screen shot shld i post it???

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

Everybody...
Acyd Burn has released version 2.3.14 on his site:
http://www.opentools.de
with the changes for 2.0.15 to 2.0.16 as well as a few bug fixes, which may fix the problems your expieriencing. I would think that it will be available here in very short order. :D :D :D

zentex

Re: Broke it

Post by zentex »

zebragrrl wrote: Installed it... Loved it... Broke it.

Here's the symptom.

I can "Attach" (upload) an image/file... but once I post the message, viewing the message shows no attachment. FTP investigation shows a perfectly acceptable image file in the files directory... Neither the message, nor the forum listing shows any indication that it ever had an attachment. No attachment icon, no info header, no dead image, nothing. All files I upload, seem to instantly become "Shadow attachments" (and they do show up in the ACP as shadow attachments).

I have [HAD] the exact same symtom.

It worked at one time, and I don't know exactly when I broke it. This install isn't that old (maybe a week or two). Reinstalling the entire forum isn't an option :(

I went through and REDID the mod (well, re-checked?), upgraded MOD_Attach to .14; no avail, nothing looks wrong.

of note: it works FINE in PM's.

Ok...so while I was listing all the MOD's I had installed, I came across this one:

Redirect User Fix

Then it hit me; what if for some reason it was redirecting too quick for ATTACH Mod?

So I disabled the "Redirect User Fix"...and the attachments now show up in posts!

I have no clue what to fix in "RUF" to make it work with Attach Mod, but I found the culprit!

UPDATE:
See this post on a MOD that does the same thing as RUF, but DOESN'T break ATTACH Mod

humanbot

Post by humanbot »

zentex wrote:
zebragrrl wrote:Installed it... Loved it... Broke it.

Here's the symptom.

I can "Attach" (upload) an image/file... but once I post the message, viewing the message shows no attachment. FTP investigation shows a perfectly acceptable image file in the files directory... Neither the message, nor the forum listing shows any indication that it ever had an attachment. No attachment icon, no info header, no dead image, nothing. All files I upload, seem to instantly become "Shadow attachments" (and they do show up in the ACP as shadow attachments).

It worked at one time, and I don't know exactly when I broke it. This install isn't that old (maybe a week or two). Reinstalling the entire forum isn't an option :(

I went through and REDID the mod (well, re-checked?), upgraded MOD_Attach to .14; no avail, nothing looks wrong.

Ok...so while I was listing all the MOD's I had installed, I came across this one:

Redirect User Fix

Then it hit me; what if for some reason it was redirecting too quick for ATTACH Mod?

So I disabled the "Redirect User Fix"...and the attachments now show up in posts!

I have no clue what to fix in "RUF" to make it work with Attach Mod, but I found the culprit!

UPDATE:
See this post on a MOD that does the same thing as RUF, but DOESN'T break ATTACH Mod

thanks buddy i had the same problem and no its fixed.... thanx a ton

humanbot

Post by humanbot »

zentex wrote:
zebragrrl wrote:Installed it... Loved it... Broke it.

Here's the symptom.

Redirect User Fix

UPDATE:

thanks zentex i had the same problem and no its fixed.... thanx a ton

zebragrrl

Post by zebragrrl »

I sat here and tried to wrap my brain around "redirects too fact for attachmod".. Which, sadly, makes no sense whatsoever.. (sorry).

BUT! what does make sense, is that the redirect mod changes the procedure involving submitting messages. By modifying the "submit post" function, the mod may have killed the command syntax that writes the "which message goes with which attachment" to SQL.

The reinstalled forum is working fine, on my end.. and the "faster redirect" is something I skipped.
"Pink is a very threatening colour to some people."

zentex

Post by zentex »

zebragrrl wrote: I sat here and tried to wrap my brain around "redirects too fact for attachmod".. Which, sadly, makes no sense whatsoever.. (sorry).

IANAPrgrammer, but I play a horribly bad one on TV :wink:

But seriously, that f-up'd logic in my head made sense enough to find the problem :lol: (never said it was proper). I do like your explanation, it's more logical.

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

Glad that things are looking up and it is a simple fix. Never would have guessed but will remember this from here on out. Been busy updating my download page (updateing things to the new attach MOD)

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

camille1197 wrote:
Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/beaniesmall_105.gif.

Up until yesterday people were happily post attachments and now suddenly nothing will load. Everyone is getting this error message no matter what. I've tried several different files (types, sizes, etc.)

PS the above file was actually just called beaniesmall.gif. The 105 was the change.

I have changed nothing. I have done no mods in several weeks, etc.

Any ideas?? :cry: :cry: :cry:

:?:
Camille
http://www.adoptionteatime.com

The 105 is appended to the name automatically. Why I don't know for sure. Double check the file permissions to make sure they are still set to 777

camille1197

Post by camille1197 »

Thanks :) I did check that already. Oddly enough this today it all seems to be working again. :roll:

I think there may have been a temporary issue with my host that was causing us not to be able to upload files. *shrugs*

Now if eveyone would stop complaining about the email notifications.... LOL

It never ends!

Americas Reject

Post by Americas Reject »

all works, love the mod, only thing is the attachments I upload wont show up on my other template.

I even added the code lol

zentex

Post by zentex »

Tux_Rules wrote: The 105 is appended to the name automatically. Why I don't know for sure. Double check the file permissions to make sure they are still set to 777

From uploading multiple of the same image in testing; [I'd be willing to bet that] this is so if you upload an image with the name PIC.jpg and I upload an image with the name PIC.jpg; it 1) wont over-write it and 2) wont deny me the upload.

hefe

Post by hefe »

ok.. I read thru about 20 pages of this amazing thread.. I searched, but it just eludes me..
new install of phpbb
new install of attachment mod
works great...BUT
only MOD's and ADMIN's can see the option for attachments... why would that be????

any help would be great

TIA
hefe

kuraitenshi

Post by kuraitenshi »

I'm having an issue with this mod, could someone please help me out?

I've installed the files to the correct location, yet I'm recieving this error upon going to the forums/install/mod_table_inst.php step.

Cant find schemas/attach_mysql_schema.sql

The file is there. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. :(

zentex

Post by zentex »

hefe wrote: only MOD's and ADMIN's can see the option for attachments... why would that be????

did you check the Advanced perms on the forums? Set attach files to REG or ALL

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”