Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

Necromonkey wrote:
Tux_Rules wrote:
If you save (or do not upload) the empty config.php file, you can upload the new files without having to go thru the install process again. When you upload the new files, just to be safe run the:
attach_update_23x_to_latest.php
just to make sure. You shouldn't have to delete the database and then restore it.

Could you be a little more specific, please :? . Do I upload your phpbb + attachment mod combo and owerwrite my exitsting forum files? And then replace the config with my old excisting one? And that's it?

Yes. Just do not upload the new config.php. If you do, you will have to re-create it. If your database is allready set with the attach mod 2.3.14 version and phpBB 2.0.17, you do not need to upload the instal/ or contrib/ directory either.
If you have not run the install/update_to_latest.php to bring your database up to the new version of phpBB, upload the install/ and contrib/ directory and run the install/update_to_latest.php. Same for attach MOD (install/ attach_update_23x_to_latest.php. ). The files in the zip file on my forum are phpBB 2.0.17 and attach MOD 2.3.14.

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

Tux_Rules wrote: Note to all:

The download from here does NOT include the pre-modified files for an install. It is a seperate download:
As of version 2.3.14, the pre-modified files are released seperatly. You can download
pre-modified files for the latest phpBB Version at http://www.opentools.de
or http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/acydmods

Bumping..

LazyD

Post by LazyD »

jiteshpanchal wrote: oldlock (Paul) and LazyD: I had exactly the same problem. I just realized that I forgot to add the PhpBB2 pre-modified flies. These files are not in the attachment mod zip. These files can be downloaded from:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/acyd ... p?download

Thanks

Nope if you read the thread tha i posted on opentools.de, i said i used the pre-modded files and tried to mod it by hand....i must have done the codin right because they turned out exactly the same.

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

LazyD wrote:
jiteshpanchal wrote:oldlock (Paul) and LazyD: I had exactly the same problem. I just realized that I forgot to add the PhpBB2 pre-modified flies. These files are not in the attachment mod zip. These files can be downloaded from:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/acyd ... p?download

Thanks

Nope if you read the thread tha i posted on opentools.de, i said i used the pre-modded files and tried to mod it by hand....i must have done the codin right because they turned out exactly the same.

What I would try is this:

Download a full version phpBB 2.0.16. Apply the pre-modified files as wel as the standard files for the attach MOD. Download the 2.0.16 -> to 2.0.17 code changes for phpBB (you cannot use the pre-modded files on a phpBB 2.0.17). Upload the files to your server (minus the config.php) and you should be set. It does look as tho you have missed maybe the attach_mod/includes/functions_selects.php which I belive would cause your problem.

Remember, the pre-modified files in 2.3.14 are not designed for 2.0.17. If you do use them, you have to manually update the phpBB code with the 2.0.16 -> 2.0.17 changed file.

LazyD

Post by LazyD »

....where do i get a full version of phpbb 2.0.16?

Edit:
My host still had a version of phpBB 2.0.8 on their cpanel....
I uploaded Attachment Mod 2313
Installed tables..
Then upload premodded files....

It works....

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

LazyD wrote: ....where do i get a full version of phpbb 2.0.16?

Edit:
Installed tables..

It works....

O.K. I didn't want to say before (hoping you would look at my sig), but I have taken the time to take the attachment mod with the pre-modified files and made them 2.0.17 compliant. They are here:
http://www.tuxrules.com/penguin/viewtopic.php?p=163#163
You can install a 2.0.17 board, use my files, and be up-to-date with phpBB and attach MOD.

oldlock

Post by oldlock »

Tux_Rules wrote:
LazyD wrote:....where do i get a full version of phpbb 2.0.16?

Edit:
Installed tables..

It works....

O.K. I didn't want to say before (hoping you would look at my sig), but I have taken the time to take the attachment mod with the pre-modified files and made them 2.0.17 compliant. They are here:
http://www.tuxrules.com/penguin/viewtopic.php?p=163#163
You can install a 2.0.17 board, use my files, and be up-to-date with phpBB and attach MOD.

Downloaded your fix and all is now sorted - thanks for all your help with this.

Paul

duclet

Post by duclet »

I install the mod and it seems to work if I am logged on as the administrator. However, when I try it with the regular user account, the attach box is not there when I went to post a message. It is there though when I went to PM. Whats wrong and how can I fix this?

zentex

Post by zentex »

duclet wrote: I install the mod and it seems to work if I am logged on as the administrator. However, when I try it with the regular user account, the attach box is not there when I went to post a message. It is there though when I went to PM. Whats wrong and how can I fix this?

permissions, permissions, permissions.

go back and read about the last 5 pages :wink:

duclet

Post by duclet »

Thanks. Of course it did took me another 10 minutes trying to find what the heck the advanced perms was.

kuraitenshi

Post by kuraitenshi »

I'm having an issue with this mod, could someone please help me out?

I've installed the files to the correct location, yet I'm recieving this error upon going to the forums/install/mod_table_inst.php step.

Cant find schemas/attach_mysql_schema.sql

The file is there. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Could someone please help me?

Necromonkey

Post by Necromonkey »

Tux_Rules wrote: Yes. Just do not upload the new config.php. If you do, you will have to re-create it. If your database is allready set with the attach mod 2.3.14 version and phpBB 2.0.17, you do not need to upload the instal/ or contrib/ directory either.
If you have not run the install/update_to_latest.php to bring your database up to the new version of phpBB, upload the install/ and contrib/ directory and run the install/update_to_latest.php. Same for attach MOD (install/ attach_update_23x_to_latest.php. ). The files in the zip file on my forum are phpBB 2.0.17 and attach MOD 2.3.14.

Ok, I upoaded the combo to an empty directory "forum" (changed the name of the old forum directory), I ran update_to_latest and got at "succesful/ no errors" message. Then when I go to /forum I get this:

Code: Select all

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?
In my page_tail.php it says:

if ( !defined('IN_PHPBB') )
{
	die('Hacking attempt');
}

//
This threaddeals with the problem, but it didn't help me. The error is still there.

Then I ran attach_update_23x_to_latest.php and got this:

phpBB : Critical Error 

Could not open NoseBleed template config file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 361
File : functions.php 
I have the Nosebleed template as default.
Last edited by Necromonkey on Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

§nake

Post by §nake »

When I go to Admin Panel> Attachments> Management, Admin Panel> Attachments> Quota Limits, Admin Panel> Attachments> Shadow Attachments, Admin Panel> Attachments> Synchronize Attachments, or Admin Panel> Extensions> Special Categories I get
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: size_select() in /home/gotya/public_html/DphpBB/admin/admin_attachments.php on line 251

When I go to Admin Panel> Extensions> Extension Control I get
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: group_select() in /home/gotya/public_html/DphpBB/admin/admin_extensions.php on line 326

When I go to Admin Panel> Extensions> Extension Groups Control I get
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: size_select() in /home/gotya/public_html/DphpBB/admin/admin_extensions.php on line 560
This is my website (under-construction!!!) Click Here

§nake

Post by §nake »

Oops, soory I forgot to upload a file, problem fixed...
This is my website (under-construction!!!) Click Here

derm

Post by derm »

Is this a difficult mod to add??
I'm a semi beginner at this and have the Charcoal2 Theme on my site.

Can this mod be added to my site withouit losing the style/theme??
http://www.wavejunkies.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

Thanks I tried a search, but that function does not appear to be working correctly for me. It just hangs.... :cry:

Thanks in advance!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”