Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

zendrag0n

Post by zendrag0n »

Is anyone here using this MOD with the style of Last Crusade? If so, how is it working?

Thanks.
R. Guy Hughes

Post by R. Guy Hughes »

Too hard to install...

I've been a coder all my dayx, but I spent 4 hours on this mod, just on the install, and it still doesn't work. It's a good thing I backed up my files. Also, because I don't use the subSilver theme, the pre-modded files are no help! Anyway, I would like to commend the author, but at the same time, batt the author with a United Nations flag, it's just too hard for me. If someone would like to install this mod for me I would so enjoy it.

I reallly really need this, because I run an Alumni fourm for my school, and people enjoy posting pictures, but the can't post pics because they are computer illerate (not completely just when it comes to fourms & BBs) and don't know how to host their pictures, or upload them to an FTP server. So what they've been doing is sending them to me and I have been posting the pictures for them. But I have no time! (I work a day job, and a night job)

If only phpBB 2.2 would come out right now, all stable, I would be soo happy, but no! The dev team does not guess in public. All I can say is that I will be purchasing vB unless 2.2 comes out soon, or mods like this become easier to install.

Thanks for listening.
nubianniht

Post by nubianniht »

R. Guy Hughes wrote: Too hard to install...

I've been a coder all my dayx, but I spent 4 hours on this mod, just on the install, and it still doesn't work. It's a good thing I backed up my files. Also, because I don't use the subSilver theme, the pre-modded files are no help! Anyway, I would like to commend the author, but at the same time, batt the author with a United Nations flag, it's just too hard for me. If someone would like to install this mod for me I would so enjoy it.

I reallly really need this, because I run an Alumni fourm for my school, and people enjoy posting pictures, but the can't post pics because they are computer illerate (not completely just when it comes to fourms & BBs) and don't know how to host their pictures, or upload them to an FTP server. So what they've been doing is sending them to me and I have been posting the pictures for them. But I have no time! (I work a day job, and a night job)

If only phpBB 2.2 would come out right now, all stable, I would be soo happy, but no! The dev team does not guess in public. All I can say is that I will be purchasing vB unless 2.2 comes out soon, or mods like this become easier to install.

Thanks for listening.

i just got into phpbb forums no more than a month ago (absolute virgin).
i'm only 26 but i have not been coding all my life.
i just started reading on how to bring php pages to life and integrate them with mysql.

i create macromedia flash media pages for a living and to step into the world of phpbb boards and mods was a huge learning experience for me.
i'm not the smartest guy but i've had my fair share of doing a 1 hour estimated mods for 4 hours and got nothing but errors.

if these mods didn't work then they would not be posted.
i know not all mods are work perfectly to the "T" and to everyones liking (hey...we're all human right?).
for example of mods not specified to your liking..here's one of mine still unanswered:

###########################################

Can This Be Done With The File Attachment Mod?

i installed the file attachment mod 2.3.7. now 2.3.8
basically what i wanted to is this.
for example:

if you're logged on as a registered user you see this in a topic with an image attachment:

if you're logged on as a guest you see this in a topic with an image attachment:
absolutely nothing.
which may confuse some guests if there' re a bunch of laughing smilies as replies in one of those cases where someone posted a funny image.
i know you could set the download permissions to all but i'm trying to save on my monthly network data transfer quota which really ain't much.

so basically i want my guest to be able to click on a link that someone posted as an attachment.
like this image i photoshopped below:

is this possible?

###############################################

i believe i've installed this mod on one of the most difficult themes there is.
it's not the hardest thing in the world to figure out what goes where.
may take alot of trial and error but i got my attachment mod to work flawlessly (on the 3rd try).

not crapping on you for what you said but all i can say is just give it another shot...it does work.

-nub
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

fooh wrote:
TangyPeach wrote:I got this error when trying to pm a member.

We're also getting an error when trying to reply to a PM:
Could not get Attachment Informations for private message number 131380

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_attachments_desc.MYI'. (errno: 145)

SELECT a.privmsgs_id, d.* FROM phpbb_attachments a, phpbb_attachments_desc d WHERE ( a.privmsgs_id IN (131380)) AND (a.attach_id = d.attach_id) ORDER BY d.filetime DESC

Line : 592
File : /home/candy/public_html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_attach.php

And when trying to access certain threads, we get the same error. This seems to have come out of nowehere, as no changes have been made to the board since the 23rd.

Oh, and hiya, Tangy! :P

open phpmyadmin, backup your database, and the, try this :

Code: Select all

REPAIR TABLE phpbb_attachments_desc
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

@ nubianniht : can you stop spamming the topic with your request :roll:

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
kpriest

Strange Symptoms

Post by kpriest »

Ok - I installed this fairly easily on a test server running 2.0.4

Then I installed on a 2.0.5 site (not so easily) and I have several problems:

1. The Attachment box does not show up when creating posts

2. In the Admin Control Panel, I have all the associated screens, but most of the text is missing. I checked and double-checked and re-uploaded the language files where the stuff is located, but no text in the admin CP tables or in the title area.

Any ideas?
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Re: Strange Symptoms

kpriest wrote: Ok - I installed this fairly easily on a test server running 2.0.4

Then I installed on a 2.0.5 site (not so easily) and I have several problems:

1. The Attachment box does not show up when creating posts

2. In the Admin Control Panel, I have all the associated screens, but most of the text is missing. I checked and double-checked and re-uploaded the language files where the stuff is located, but no text in the admin CP tables or in the title area.

Any ideas?

are you usingf the pre-modified files ? have you check your modifications ?

TangyPeach

Post by TangyPeach »

morpheus2matrix wrote:

open phpmyadmin, backup your database, and the, try this :

REPAIR TABLE phpbb_attachments_desc
Hi Morpheus.

I tried that the first time. It worked for a few hours, then I had the second error I posted. It was staring to get very frustrating.. lol..

I received some help from FB @ phpbbhacks, so far, so good.

Thanks alot Morph..
www.thepeachpit.com

dont laugh, im new at this... *smiles*
emilevassallo

Can some kind of attachment mod work with MS Access Database

Post by emilevassallo »

Is there some way I can get it to work with an MS Access database?

Thanks,

Emile
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

there is no support to Access for this MOD, sorry

Black Majin

Post by Black Majin »

Is there an easier way to install this?! Cause I opened the user_guide.html and its HUGE. But I couldnt see in there how to install it. It just tells me how to use it. plz help.

NVM I got it.
Black Majin

Post by Black Majin »

Ok wut do I need to edit in this?!
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td valign="top" class="postbody">
<hr />
{postrow.MESSAGE}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="40" valign="bottom" class="genmed">{postrow.SIGNATURE}<span class="postdetails">{postrow.EDITED_MESSAGE}</span></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>

And by the way this is the viewtopic_body.tpl file
Black Majin

Post by Black Majin »

I really need the fix really bad. I'm not tryin to rush u but can u give me the code real quick 8)
Horsington

Re: attachment mode upload limit problem

Post by Horsington »

jb605 wrote:
jb605 wrote:I am having problems for uses who does not have explicit quota set. I would assume it relies on the default quota limit sets, but it does not work. Unless I explicitly set it, it won't work. I make the following modifications, and now it's working.

in attach_mod/posting_attachment.php
around line 115 in function get_quota_limits:

if ($this->page == PAGE_PRIVMSGS)
    {
      $quota_type = QUOTA_PM_LIMIT;
      $limit_type = 'pm_filesize_limit';
      $default = 'max_filesize_pm';
    }
    else
    {
      $quota_type = QUOTA_UPLOAD_LIMIT;
      $limit_type = 'upload_filesize_limit';
      $default = 'attachment_quota';
    }
change it to: (only replace $default in the else clause)

if ($this->page == PAGE_PRIVMSGS)
    {
      $quota_type = QUOTA_PM_LIMIT;
      $limit_type = 'pm_filesize_limit';
      $default = 'max_filesize_pm';
    }
    else
    {
      $quota_type = QUOTA_UPLOAD_LIMIT;
      $limit_type = 'upload_filesize_limit';
      //$default = 'attachment_quota';
      $default = 'max_filesize';
    }
Please note that at the end of function get_quota_limits, where it is chechking against complete upload quota, I am not suer if it means total attachment quota for all users, or the default upload quota limit? Would the author please clarify? it reads like this now:

// Never exceed the complete Attachment Upload Quota
    if ($quota_type == QUOTA_UPLOAD_LIMIT)
    {
      if (intval($attach_config[$limit_type]) > intval($attach_config[$default]))
      {
        $attach_config[$limit_type] = $attach_config[$default];
      }
    }
If it means the total attachment quota for all users added together, it should be $attach_config['attachment_quota'] instead of $attach_config[$default]. Looks like the author is not consistent here in how configuration variables are named in the code and in the sql table. Would the author please clarify if possible? Thanks.

Does any body has the problem described above? I mean, if we define $default = 'attachment_quota' as opposed to 'max_filesize', then all users who does not have explicit limit will be allowed to upload as long as the system has space left. If we changed that, then the latter check should be against $attach_config['attachment_quota'] instead of $attach_config[$default].

Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

I have this problem too, I have set up everything strictly the the guide (self-moded files due to previous mods). I don't want to do the fix like the above though... Have double checked my files for this too.

Basically, I want a new user to inherit the default quota, but this does not happen... When the site goes live, going to have 500 or users sign up (as its a migration from an MSN site :shudder:) so I want the quota's to be naturally inherited, no admin assigned

I have set up several quotas in the Admin panel, and also set the default quota's. But the quota doesn't show up in the User Admin -> Management panel. It comes up as "Not Assigned" for both PM and Upload quota's. I have tested serveral things and a few changes to the code but can't figure it out. Looking at it, it should be working but its not... Any ideas like the quote above or suggestion would be great!

G
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Black Majin wrote: Is there an easier way to install this?! Cause I opened the user_guide.html and its HUGE. But I couldnt see in there how to install it. It just tells me how to use it. plz help.

NVM I got it.

just follow the instructios which are written in the file install.txt

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”