Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

davelorenzo

Installation Hic Up

Post by davelorenzo »

Just installed the attach-mod and when I go to control panel I get this message :-

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: attach_sql_query() in /homepages/25/d41770053/htdocs/phpBB2/attach_mod/includes/functions_selects.php on line 236

Could someone kick my butt in the right direction of something obvious I haven't done maybe.

Thanx
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

looks like you have not uploaded all the files of the MOD
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
uk_martin

Need to get rid of borders

Post by uk_martin »

How do I get rid of the border around the uploaded image that contains needless info about filesize, numbers of views etc?
davelorenzo

Attach Mod

Post by davelorenzo »

What I did was FTP all the contents of the root folder up to the root of my phpBB2 then I put that url from the docs folder, Inst, http://www.mysite.comm/phpBB2/install/m ... e_inst.php
with my url and the page that came up said all installed ok, it was a word in green, all down the page, forgot what it said, then uninstalled the Inst folder from my phpBB2 root, couldn't find a contrib folder to uninstal. then went to my addministration file, attachments, then clicked on management and got,
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: attach_sql_query() in /homepages/25/d41770053/htdocs/phpBB2/attach_mod/includes/functions_selects.php on line 236
So I think I may have missed an instruction somewhere along the line ?
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Re: Need to get rid of borders

uk_martin wrote: How do I get rid of the border around the uploaded image that contains needless info about filesize, numbers of views etc?

modify the file viewtopic_attach_body.tpl

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Re: Attach Mod

davelorenzo wrote: What I did was FTP all the contents of the root folder up to the root of my phpBB2 then I put that url from the docs folder, Inst, http://www.mysite.comm/phpBB2/install/m ... e_inst.php
with my url and the page that came up said all installed ok, it was a word in green, all down the page, forgot what it said, then uninstalled the Inst folder from my phpBB2 root, couldn't find a contrib folder to uninstal. then went to my addministration file, attachments, then clicked on management and got,
So I think I may have missed an instruction somewhere along the line ?

looks like you have not uploaded the files of the MOD (files which are in the root/ directory)

malli

Post by malli »

hi
here is my problem, the mod is working fine, only thing is, at front of the topic comes this red box, see attatch file.

not sure what settings in admin panel i have changed.
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Check this line into your ACP :
Attachment Posting Icon
This Image is displayed next to Attachment Links in individual Postings. Leave this field empty if you don't want an icon to be displayed. This Setting will be overwritten by the Settings in Extension Groups Management.

pelasnet

Doesn't attach files

Post by pelasnet »

I'm having some trouble with the MOD (looks brilliant!).

Whenever someone click on the "Add Attachement" button, the page simply reloads and does not seem to do anything!!!

There is no attachement loaded and no message whatsoever.....(the "files" folder is set to 777 and I have also set the FTP details in the config)

The forum can be seen in www.tribaltexttiles.info/community/

any suggestions? If there is more info needed, I'll be glad to provide it.

many thanks
davelorenzo

Started from Scratch

Post by davelorenzo »

Couldn't sus out how to do the attach mod. So I decided to go back to square one and deleted all the phpBB2 files from the server. Deleted all the files from my hard drive. Deleted down loaded Zips. The started over again, downloaded the zip, repeated all the install procedure and when I get to the Welcome to phpBB 2 Installation, fill out the form, press submit and get this message - An error has occurred during installation
An error occurred trying to update the database
Table 'phpbb_auth_access' already exists
So what do I do now?
SarcNBit

Post by SarcNBit »

If you are really trying to start from scratch then you need to dump your database.
davelorenzo

Dump the data base !

Post by davelorenzo »

Don't know how you do that but meanwhile I've managed to get the forum back up and running somehow, now I just have to attempt the attach mod. I'll get there someday :lol:
Longhorn

Hmmm, weird error

Post by Longhorn »

Okay, i just finished setting up my board, latest versions of everything, I used the pre modded files, I have no ther mods installed or anything, when I tried testing the site, with the attachment mod, it gives me an error, " No post mode specified" if I don't add an attachment, it works fine, otherwise, I get that error. Some help with this would be greatly appreciated. My site is at http://www.longhorn.ionichost.com/phpBB2/index.php

Thanks!
gooRu

Post by gooRu »

Hi!

Why after upload my filenames letters on russian language change to symbol "_" ?

Thank You!
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Re: Hmmm, weird error

Longhorn wrote: Okay, i just finished setting up my board, latest versions of everything, I used the pre modded files, I have no ther mods installed or anything, when I tried testing the site, with the attachment mod, it gives me an error, " No post mode specified" if I don't add an attachment, it works fine, otherwise, I get that error. Some help with this would be greatly appreciated. My site is at http://www.longhorn.ionichost.com/phpBB2/index.php

Thanks!

check the user guide of the Attachment MOD : there is a part about this problem

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”