Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

MrBad wrote:
cherokee red wrote:for all those expeiencing problems with finding this line of code -

Code: Select all

unset($delete_type); 
      } 
see my post on page 748 ;)

MrBad - do you have any other MODs installed on your board? have you modified .tpl files for all the templates you have. Have you upgaded to 2.0.17 yet? post back thx :)

I have more MODs installed, i can't count them, but i have more than 10. but if you will help me to modify special Cobalt2.0-style files i will aply all of them again.
I have only one style Cobalt 2.0 template I chose it, because of the design of main page of site.
I had updated to 2.0.17, yes.
cherokee red, please help me... i don't know what to do...

I'm sorry, but right now i don't really have the time to help you manually MOD your files. Best advice I can give, is to back up your files and follow the template modifications in the install file for your Cobalt theme :)

dataave - heh, it's good experience with coding though. I once did that with ptirhiiks Cat-Hier 1.4.0 - started @ 11pm, finished @ 3 am 8)

alvisual - don't quote me on this, but it looks as though your host may have set up some restrictions. Maybe ask them first? :)

welshchris and lifedeuce- how exactly did you install this MOD? easymod or by hand?
Did you edit all the php and tpl file as per the install.txt file?
Make sure you have uploaded all files ;)

*post updated*
Last edited by stickerboy on Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
PHK

Post by PHK »

cherokee red wrote:
PHK wrote:Cherokee Red ... maybe you could help me with the issues I'm having?

I get the "Add an Attachment" box in private messages (new or replies), but I do not get the same under "new post or reply" pages. I do not have any errors and I'm at a loss to where I should be looking to fix this.

Any idea where I should begin?

I'm sorry, but right now i don't really have the time to help you manually MOD your files. Best advice I can give, is to back up your files and follow the template modifications in the install file for your Cobalt theme :)

Coboalt theme? I'm using the standard subSilver templates and nothing unsual as far as themes go. I've gone through the installation line by line again and everything is there. The attachment mod works fine in PM's, but they do not appear in normal 'new post' or 'reply' pages. Not sure why.

If you could tell me in which files this is supposed to be defined I can go through it myself - I'm learning PHP as I go and I'm starting to understand parts of it, although I'm far from understanding it.

Incidently, the issue with the closing bracket which I, and others, have mentioned doesn't seem to be such a large issue. Before I found the fix for it I just placed the new code underneath the:

unset($delete_type); 
without the closing brace and it worked fine for me. I moved it down to where the closing brace was, however, and it works just the same. The problem is that this only works in PM's, and not in normal forum posts/replies.

Can you help me with this? (No Cobalt Theme issues with me ..... unless its something standard in phpBB2)
lifedeuce

Post by lifedeuce »

Red I have done it by hand. As far as I knew easyMod would not do this for you.
Chris19145

Post by Chris19145 »

how do I get easymod to recognize it? I forgot what I did before.
mosport

Post by mosport »

Chris19145 wrote: how do I get easymod to recognize it? I forgot what I did before.

read this

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 082#689082
Last edited by mosport on Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mosport

Post by mosport »

a user on my board tried to upload a 5.0 meg jpg file which is within my upload limits & got this error
General Error

Tried to upload empty file

any ideas ?
i switched off thumbnail mode but still same error

cheers.
Steve F

Post by Steve F »

PHK, this may be obvious but have you used 'Forum Permissions' to set upload and download permissions on each forum? If this is set wrong the attachmod will act as you describe.
PHK

Post by PHK »

Steve F wrote: PHK, this may be obvious but have you used 'Forum Permissions' to set upload and download permissions on each forum? If this is set wrong the attachmod will act as you describe.

Steve,

If you mean I have set the "Post Files" and "Download Files" in the Forum Permissions set to "All" (or "REG", "MOD", etc) then the answer is yes. Are you talking about setting forum permissions somewhere else?

(And damn, I got all excited after reading your post because, although I hate to admit it, I love it when the solutions is such a simple oversight :D)
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

PHK - sorry, I was meaning to reply to someone else. Please diregard that post. I'll have a think about your problem. I can't remember who that post was for now lol :lol:

*Edit* - my last post was meant for MrBad - last post updated :wink:
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

lifedeuce
EasyMod will do this for you, but you might need to tweak the install file a little. See my posts a few pages back (748 . . . . ), they might help ;)
But as you installed by hand, i suggest you recheck viewtopic.php, posting.php and includes/functions_post.php - make sure all edits have been made and are in the correct place.
If you're sure it's ok, pm me your details and i'll have a look :wink:

mosport
Ask your host how big their limit is for uploading single files. You might find it's only 2mb - you cannot undermine that with this MOD. If you want a bigger limit, ask your host if they will increase this limit. :)

PHK
Make sure you edited all the .tpl files correctly - have a look at posting_body.tpl, viewtopic_body.tpl and topic_review.tpl and make sure the code is ok ;)
If you're sure - as per per what I said to lifedeuce :)
Chris19145

Post by Chris19145 »

I'm trying to install this with Categories hierarchy, but it doesn't include viewforum.php so I get this error.

Critical Error

Function Trace: open_files[5]->modio_open[1]

Could not open [viewforum.php] for reading.
MOD script line #449 :: FAQ :: Report
alvisual

sollution for

Post by alvisual »

The final sollution for the error message :

Warning: passthru() has been disabled for security reasons in /attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php on line 169

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:169) in /includes/page_header.php on line 475

the line 475 - 477 @ the page_header.php looks like this at the moment :

header ('Cache-Control: private, pre-check=0, post-check=0, max-age=0');
}
header ('Expires: 0');
header ('Pragma: no-cache');

The line 169 at the include/functions_thumbs.php looks like this :

passthru($imagick . ' -quality 85 -antialias -sample ' . $new_width . 'x' . $new_height . ' "' . str_replace('\\', '/', $source) .

is = set cgi to php this sucks while the server will work slower then normal the best way to abslove this matter is set it to g2 mode and it works.

This is for all who search for a sollution to this error.

Greetings
Dave
!! smile !!
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

Chris19145 wrote: I'm trying to install this with Categories hierarchy, but it doesn't include viewforum.php so I get this error.

Critical Error

Function Trace: open_files[5]->modio_open[1]

Could not open [viewforum.php] for reading.
MOD script line #449 :: FAQ :: Report

Have a look on ptirhiiks site (cat-hies MOD author) - there are tutorials on there for installing attachments with his MOD ;)
mosport

Post by mosport »

cherokee red wrote: Ask your host how big their limit is for uploading single files. You might find it's only 2mb - you cannot undermine that with this MOD. If you want a bigger limit, ask your host if they will increase this limit. :)

I can upload much bigger files from an ftp programme ie fileziller.
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

Sorry, i meant to mention there will a limit for file uploading using php - it's a line in your hosts php.ini file. I forget what line it is though ;)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”