Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

Acidbat

Post by Acidbat »

Did you update your files, which is specified in the isntall.txt file?
Example extracted from the install.txt:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
common.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# around line 225
	$board_config[$row['config_name']] = $row['config_value'];
}

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]-------------------------------------- 
# After the closing brace
include($phpbb_root_path . 'attach_mod/attachment_mod.'.$phpEx);

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
# 
faq.php
outlaw77

Post by outlaw77 »

I did some double checking and have noticed some "//" in front of some of the code. Does this affect how attach mod works? Most actually all of the "//" are installed by the categories hierachy mod is there something I can do to fix it?

//-- delete
// $sql = "SELECT *
//	FROM " . CONFIG_TABLE;
// if( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
// {
//	message_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, "Could not query config information", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
// }
//
// while ( $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) )
// {
//	$board_config[$row['config_name']] = $row['config_value'];
// }
include($phpbb_root_path . 'attach_mod/attachment_mod.'.$phpEx);
_RAAF_Furball

Re: Attachments

Post by _RAAF_Furball »

cherokee red wrote: AFAIK, this shouldn't cause a problem. My install looks the same andhaven't had any problems not having an index - and i've used the attach MOD for 2 years :P

Unless anyone else can say otherwise that is (still a bit of a php n00b is me :P )

Onya, cherokee red - thnx. Someone elsewhere is thinking an index might just speed up any searches. I'm placing this is in the "Don't Worry About It" category - thnx.

Acidbat wrote: I keep having some problems when I try to Download files larger then 2MB.

AFAIK, there's a 2MB file limit with phpBB, with no way around it. Perhaps this is the cause?

Nox71 wrote: I always got this error message when i tried to add an attahcment to my post, No post mode specified.

"Always"? Sometimes, any 'Net pages can have a load / refresh problem. If this is the cause and it only occurs randomly, it could be ignored, I reckon.
_RAAF_Furball, CO

RAAF website Image

Furball's website Image
jiajin

Re: Attachments

Post by jiajin »

_RAAF_Furball wrote:
cherokee red wrote: AFAIK, this shouldn't cause a problem. My install looks the same andhaven't had any problems not having an index - and i've used the attach MOD for 2 years :P

Unless anyone else can say otherwise that is (still a bit of a php n00b is me :P )

Onya, cherokee red - thnx. Someone elsewhere is thinking an index might just speed up any searches. I'm placing this is in the "Don't Worry About It" category - thnx.

Acidbat wrote: I keep having some problems when I try to Download files larger then 2MB.

AFAIK, there's a 2MB file limit with phpBB, with no way around it. Perhaps this is the cause?

Nox71 wrote: I always got this error message when i tried to add an attahcment to my post, No post mode specified.

"Always"? Sometimes, any 'Net pages can have a load / refresh problem. If this is the cause and it only occurs randomly, it could be ignored, I reckon.

i have similar problems too, i was able to upload a file of bout 4mb, and i am able to download the 4mb file without any problems..

but when i tried uploading something larger, i got this message

No post mode specified
anyone can helpp??
Acidbat

Post by Acidbat »

Acidbat wrote:
I keep having some problems when I try to Download files larger then 2MB.

That is strange though, since I can upload a 999MB file if I want (by editing the php.ini file) and the file size says 999MB (or 1GB)
I even check on the server and the file is 1GB.

Just downloading it cuts it down to 2MB.

Just does not make sense that you can Upload as big as you want but download has restrictions.

I do thank you for your reply, I am just not convinced that this is correct information :( (No offence of course)
_RAAF_Furball

Post by _RAAF_Furball »

Acidbat wrote: do thank you for your reply, I am just not convinced that this is correct information :( (No offence of course)

np - no offence taken - hope you get an answer that works.
cocobingo

Post by cocobingo »

Hi all !

First of all, I love this mod, so thank you very much for the time you spent in development !

I have a problem though : everything was working fine, but now the users don't see the "attachment" part of the posting any more.
Only I, as an administrator, can see it.
I created a dummy account to check this, and indeed I do not see the attachment form.

I don't see a "permission" setting in the control panel though. Am I missing something important here ?

Thansk a lot for helping !
cocobingo

Post by cocobingo »

Oh sorry guys, I just found the solution :
http://www.opentools.de/board/viewtopic.php?t=4520
:oops:
Nox71

Post by Nox71 »

Always when i am attaching a files and never when i making a simple post without attachment.
masterross

FTP vs local host???

Post by masterross »

hello,

can anyone tell me priorities and disadvantages of FTP vs local host in attach mod?

thanks,
Ross
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

To all those wondering about the problemwith uploading large file, but the download being very small, I think _RAAF_Furball could be right. It's either phpBB, or you hosts php.ini file which needs tweaking.I'm wondering itit's the later.
Unless anyone else can comment, I would suggest contactingyour host and see if they can check your php.ini fle for a setting relating to this :wink:

as for the 'no post mode specified' - there is a something that casues that and a fix, but i don't have it to hand. Check my post later for edits ;)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
tomoslewis

Post by tomoslewis »

Is there files for RedGlass template for this mod?

If so, can someone e-mail them to me?
shaggy073077

Post by shaggy073077 »

Hey Aycd Burn........When is this mod gonna be windows compatiable???
D4rK_Pr1nC3

Post by D4rK_Pr1nC3 »

question, using the "default_forum_name" & "display_all_forums" lines....

I should write a few forums in the "default_forum_name", but I don't know how to do this...

for example:

$display_all_forums = FALSE;
$default_forum_name = 'Hardware', 'Software','General Discussion';

Obviously doing this results in a parse error now.
Jarrod

Post by Jarrod »

I have a question, and this is the only place I could see to ask it...

I currently have attach mod v1.20 on phpbb v2.0.12

I've tried a few times to update to the newest version of the attach mod... even on phpbb 2.0.17. Everytime, it works, except all prior attachements aren't there any more. The post will just have the file name but no file.

Is there any way to update without losing all the old attachments?

thanks.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”