Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

thehawke

Post by thehawke » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:28 am

DavidIQ wrote:
Sho-N wrote:
DavidIQ wrote: Check your common.php file for this:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
common.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# around line 218
	$board_config[$row['config_name']] = $row['config_value'];
}

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]-------------------------------------- 
# After the closing brace
include($phpbb_root_path . 'attach_mod/attachment_mod.'.$phpEx);

I looked. I have that in my common.php file.

Oops...wrong fix. I meant for you to open admin_extensions.php, find attach_mod_sql_escape and replace it with attach_mod_sql_build_array and you should be all set.

Hi David,
I was having the same problem, checked admin extensions and do not have the sql_escape phrase in there. Note I am running Attach Mod for CH if that makes a difference.

Were there actual changes made to the db? I ran the install file for attach mod for ch and it said changes made but nothing was listed. What were the actual commands?

Anyway, I cannot make ANY changes in ACP due to that error.

thehawke

Post by thehawke » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:36 am

Well, I went thru step by step copying over all the files again and evidently I missed one. Because after doing that, my issues went away.

BajaIceBreaker

Post by BajaIceBreaker » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:55 pm

Can anyone help me?

I tried to install this mod on my clean install. So I did the install with pre-modified files. The only different is that I had to make some manual modifications to the make it work with Access. In other words, I didn't run the install page to update the database.

Now I can't see the attachments.

I am able to upload attachments, and they are visible in the admin section.

Also, if I post a reply I can see all the pictures (attachments) in the "Topic Review" at the bottom, but the don't show up on the viewtopic page.

I think it may have something to do with permissions. Here is what my permissions control looks like...

http://www.art-trunk.com/phpbb/files/pe ... ns_291.jpg

And here's the web site....

http://www.art-trunk.com

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:04 pm

BajaIceBreaker wrote: I think it may have something to do with permissions. Here is what my permissions control looks like...

http://www.art-trunk.com/phpbb/files/pe ... ns_291.jpg

And here's the web site....

http://www.art-trunk.com

This mod actually breaks those permissions but it shouldn't matter. The permissions that do matter are the forum permissions. And no, nobody's figured out how to fix those permissions just yet...or haven't bothered looking at it.

Go through the .tpl files and compare them to what's in the install.txt to see if maybe there's something missing in one of them.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

curtis_henken

Post by curtis_henken » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:33 pm

I hope someone see this...

I need a file that is missing from the Attachment mod package. I can upload files such as .pdf, .doc, ect with no problem. However, i can not download the files off of the forum becouse it's looking for a file that does not exist.

Does any one know how i can get the "download.php" file that is needed?

If you need better understanding of what i'm talking about, visit the dorect link -> http://www.capitalcitycorvairs.com/boar ... highlight=

Thanks guys!

Curtis Henken

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:37 pm

That file is in the zip file at the beginning of this thread (page 1).

nfh

Post by nfh » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm

DavidIQ wrote: [...]
Well the way attachmod works it doesn't really give the location of the file. That's the whole reason a new window pops up whenever you try and download a file using this mod. Although after a bit of digging anyone can figure out the folder for the uploads. :roll:

Looking at the source of the web page (on the browser) is enough to tell the file's location and complete URL. In order to completely prevent that, one way would be what I suggested, that is having a php file that acts as a proxy between the file itself and the client.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:04 pm

nfh wrote: Looking at the source of the web page (on the browser) is enough to tell the file's location and complete URL.

I don't see how that's possible. All of the attachments on my board are linked in this way: http://www.davidiq.com/forum/download.php?id=6 where the id=6 changes based on which attachment you're downloading. If I looked at the source code for the page then it'll just show me the url I just posted.

curtis_henken

Post by curtis_henken » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:19 pm

I really want to thank you guys for alway helping me out. Although i searched through my files that came with the attachment mod i never saw it. I took a look again and it's right there in the "root" folder. I'm such an idiot.

Thanks again guys, everything works how it should now!

jrolson

Post by jrolson » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:09 pm

When i click on the download link on my forum it goes to the allowed extension groups and sizes page?

and when I goto the Extension Control in the ACP i get these errors,

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 46 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 48 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 49 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 50 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 51 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 52 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 53 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 54 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 55 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 56 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 57 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 58 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 59 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 60 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318
How do I fix it?

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:57 pm

jrolson wrote: and when I goto the Extension Control in the ACP i get these errors,

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 46 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): 48 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/j/r/o/jrolson85/html/db/mysql4.php on line 318
How do I fix it?

Look a few pages back...I posted the fix for this. As for your first inquiry do you mean the download link on the posting itself or where?

topdoubledigit

Post by topdoubledigit » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:04 pm

Hello! This is my first post here, and expect a lot more! :D

So, Here are my forums.
By Default, I LOVE my Glass2 Blue Theme, but theres a prob, right there, you see, I installed this Mod, and, it works! On SubSilver only :( .

I need this to work on the Glass2 theme please!

Topdoubledigit AKA NGSpec

jrolson

Post by jrolson » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:21 pm

Here is what happens,
How do I fix this?

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:29 pm

topdoubledigit wrote: Hello! This is my first post here, and expect a lot more! :D

So, Here are my forums.
By Default, I LOVE my Glass2 Blue Theme, but theres a prob, right there, you see, I installed this Mod, and, it works! On SubSilver only :( .

I need this to work on the Glass2 theme please!

Topdoubledigit AKA NGSpec

You have to go through the install.txt file and do the actions done to any .tpl files to your Glass2 theme.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:38 pm

jrolson wrote: Here is what happens,
How do I fix this?

Copy and save viewtopic.php as viewtopic.sphp and includes/functions.php as includes/functions.sphp and store it on your site and post a link to them both. Might have gotten something wrong when you put everything into them from this mod.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”