Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

adamm22

Post by adamm22 »

When posting a message in a topic, if you installed the mod properly, there should be an attachment section just below the message window.
adamm22

rainbowz

Post by rainbowz »

adamm22 wrote: When posting a message in a topic, if you installed the mod properly, there should be an attachment section just below the message window.

...IF you set the permissions for that forum to display the attachments. I ran into that problem on mine. I, as the admin, had no issues adding and changing attachments, but none of the members could until I set up the forum permissions correctly.

ballpointpress

I am stupid

Post by ballpointpress »

Even as the admin I can't add an attachment. I must be dumb.

When I go to Forum Permissions I don't see anything about attachments.

I get this message under Enter Your FTP Information...
"You are not able to use the FTP Upload Methods, because FTP Extensions are not compiled into your PHP Installation."

I get the impression the mod will find some other way to work so long as PHP allows file uploading. Since "Test Settings" works, I assume that my host is running a compatible version of PHP to allow file attachments without FTP method.

Any advice?

ppphhhppp

Post by ppphhhppp »

hi jawa659

all i can do is tell you that its not from the easymod..
i didnt use it with this mod, but i have EM installed aswell and there is no conflict with those lines...

thats one mod off ur list... hope some others with the same mods u have installed can say if they conflict with those lines of code...

good luck =)

MagicCheary

Re: I am stupid

Post by MagicCheary »

ballpointpress wrote: Even as the admin I can't add an attachment. I must be dumb.

When I go to Forum Permissions I don't see anything about attachments.

I get this message under Enter Your FTP Information...
"You are not able to use the FTP Upload Methods, because FTP Extensions are not compiled into your PHP Installation."

I get the impression the mod will find some other way to work so long as PHP allows file uploading. Since "Test Settings" works, I assume that my host is running a compatible version of PHP to allow file attachments without FTP method.

Any advice?

I had the very same problem earlier this week. Eventually I found that when I uncompressed the Pre-Defined files the update time was in 2005. I use Dreamweaver and it checks to see if the files locally are more update that on my server, they wer'nt so it did not replace them.

Check your admin_forumauth.php in the phpBB2/admin directory, it should have a line like this :-

Code: Select all

attach_setup_forum_auth($simple_auth_ary, $forum_auth_fields, $field_names);
If not then you need to update this (and probably a few more files) to your server.

Hope that helps.

ballpointpress

Thanks!

Post by ballpointpress »

Hey man, thank you! I checked the date stamp on the Premodified Files and it seems my FTP client failed to overwrite even though I told it to do so. I manually deleted and overwrote all the files in the premodified package and my forum now works perfectly with attachments!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP DOOD! :)

adamm22

attachment display problem still

Post by adamm22 »

Can someone help me with my attachment display problem???

Read above ^^^^

Thanks in advance. :?
adamm22

cynic_the_fallen

Post by cynic_the_fallen »

I think i finally got everythign in line. Only one problem. The MySQL Tables created are using a different prefix than my board but in the same table.
My board was installed using database cynic_pluto with prefix being pluto_ so it outputs cynic_pluto.pluto_ whereas the attachments stuff uses cynic_pluto.phpbb_. Will this be a problem? I have successfully uploaded an attachment already...

jawa659

Post by jawa659 »

jawa659 wrote: Hi, When I am installing attachment mod 2.4.0 I can't find a line :

# 

#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------

# 

admin/admin_forums.php

# 

#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------

# around line 52

//

// Mode setting

# 

#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]---------------------------------------

# 

$forum_auth_ary['auth_attachments'] = AUTH_REG;

$forum_auth_ary['auth_download'] = AUTH_REG;
I'll be really thankfull if sum1 can help me.

EDIT: If it can help, this is the list of the mods i've installed :

Cash v2.2.3 Mod
Album Mod (lastest version)
CH 2.1.4 Mod
Easymod 0.3.0
Lottery by Zarath
ezPortal 
I think that's all :roll:

No one can help me?

dcassone

Can't log in after installing attachment mod

Post by dcassone »

Folks,

What did I do wrong?

$auth_user = $is_admin; } return $auth_user; } ?>me . $url); exit; } ?>ssage_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, 'Board_disable', 'Information'); } ?>
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cassones/public_html/cwusergroup/includes/auth.php:332) in /home/cassones/public_html/cwusergroup/includes/sessions.php on line 370

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cassones/public_html/cwusergroup/includes/auth.php:332) in /home/cassones/public_html/cwusergroup/includes/sessions.php on line 371

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cassones/public_html/cwusergroup/includes/auth.php:332) in /home/cassones/public_html/cwusergroup/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cassones/public_html/cwusergroup/includes/auth.php:332) in /home/cassones/public_html/cwusergroup/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cassones/public_html/cwusergroup/includes/auth.php:332) in /home/cassones/public_html/cwusergroup/includes/page_header.php on line 486

ppphhhppp

Post by ppphhhppp »

hi jawa659,

you might want to look at a mint copy of admin/admin_forums.php , look to where that code should be, look at yours and see whats in its place instead...

hope this helps..

cheers =)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> jawa659 : there is a special version for CH 2.1.4 of the Attachment mod : http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com/viewtopic.php?t=2721 . I'm pretty sure it will works better ;).

jawa659

Post by jawa659 »

Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!!!!! :D

chrismcdowell25

Re: Thumbnail next to topic.

Post by chrismcdowell25 »

DavidIQ wrote:
chrismcdowell25 wrote:
chrismcdowell25 wrote:I wanted the image inside the topic to appear next to the topics title when browsing the topics so that visiters do not have to open each topic to see what pictures are inside. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I asked this on the mod's forum but I havent gotten any replies yet.

Anyone have any ideas?

It would require some editing of the mod itself...

Any similar mods that do have this functionality or a mod for the attatchemnt mod that adds the thumbnail support to the view topic area?

Fantasia

Post by Fantasia »

lquid wrote: I get this error in all of my attachment pages. i looked in the files and there is no refrence to that function in any of the includes. Please help me. This was a fresh install.
--------------------------
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: include_attach_lang() in /home/*username*/public_html/phpbb/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 52

Yes I am getting EXACTLY the same problem, any solutions would be appreciated.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”