Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

Fantasia

Post by Fantasia »

// Check if the language got included
if (!isset($lang['Test_settings_successful']))
{
// include_once is used within the function
include_attach_lang();
}

Is this not correct?

Post by 26843768 »

i dont get it.... maybe it makes me stupid, but how do i get this mod work on my forum, and once i make this happen, where r the files uploaded?

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Fantasia wrote:
lquid wrote:I get this error in all of my attachment pages. i looked in the files and there is no refrence to that function in any of the includes. Please help me. This was a fresh install.
--------------------------
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: include_attach_lang() in /home/*username*/public_html/phpbb/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 52

Yes I am getting EXACTLY the same problem, any solutions would be appreciated.

You're missing this edit:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
common.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# around line 218
	$board_config[$row['config_name']] = $row['config_value'];
}

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]-------------------------------------- 
# After the closing brace
include($phpbb_root_path . 'attach_mod/attachment_mod.'.$phpEx);
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

DavidIQ

Re: Thumbnail next to topic.

Post by DavidIQ »

chrismcdowell25 wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:
chrismcdowell25 wrote:
chrismcdowell25 wrote:I wanted the image inside the topic to appear next to the topics title when browsing the topics so that visiters do not have to open each topic to see what pictures are inside. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I asked this on the mod's forum but I havent gotten any replies yet.

Anyone have any ideas?

It would require some editing of the mod itself...

Any similar mods that do have this functionality or a mod for the attatchemnt mod that adds the thumbnail support to the view topic area?

There's already some thumbnail functionallity built into attachment mod. Just have to figure out how to tap it into viewforum.php

FlyingTony

port number

Post by FlyingTony »

I am sorry if this has been delt with already, but I found nothing with the search and a quick random seek of the 900+ pages of the thread.

I want to run the attachments from an FTP server at home, but my ISP has filtered port 21, so I enabled port 5555 and I can connect well from anywhere. I set up in Attachments Management panel the ip# plus the port (200.24.109.13:5555 for example) and it gives me this error message with "Test Settings":

"Unable to enable/disable FTP Passive Mode"

I tried with "Enable FTP Passive Mode" on and off, I tries enabling PASV function on the server, I played with the port range on my firewall, but the error message is still there and the attachments wont work.

They work fine without the ftp server, directlo in the forum's subfolder (but there's no space there).

Anyone? :cry:

Tony Passive
Last edited by FlyingTony on Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

26843768 wrote: i dont get it.... maybe it makes me stupid, but how do i get this mod work on my forum, and once i make this happen, where r the files uploaded?

You follow the install.txt file to the T and the files that are attached to a posting get uploaded to a folder in your forum called files.

Post by 26843768 »

DavidIQ wrote:
26843768 wrote:i dont get it.... maybe it makes me stupid, but how do i get this mod work on my forum, and once i make this happen, where r the files uploaded?

You follow the install.txt file to the T and the files that are attached to a posting get uploaded to a folder in your forum called files.

thank u

cynic_the_fallen

Post by cynic_the_fallen »

cynic_the_fallen wrote: I think i finally got everythign in line. Only one problem. The MySQL Tables created are using a different prefix than my board but in the same table.
My board was installed using database cynic_pluto with prefix being pluto_ so it outputs cynic_pluto.pluto_ whereas the attachments stuff uses cynic_pluto.phpbb_. Will this be a problem? I have successfully uploaded an attachment already...

I posted this yesterday...Will this cause a problem?

funkdabootiest

Post by funkdabootiest »

(Forgive me if this topic has already been discussed...)

My attachment mod works fine, except one thing.

Images are not displayed inline but are being displayed as a link. What's so odd about that? The images do not exceed the Image Link Dimensions.

I'm baffled as to why they are not displayed.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

:oops:

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

cynic_the_fallen wrote:
cynic_the_fallen wrote:I think i finally got everythign in line. Only one problem. The MySQL Tables created are using a different prefix than my board but in the same table.
My board was installed using database cynic_pluto with prefix being pluto_ so it outputs cynic_pluto.pluto_ whereas the attachments stuff uses cynic_pluto.phpbb_. Will this be a problem? I have successfully uploaded an attachment already...

I posted this yesterday...Will this cause a problem?

I thought attachment mod accomodated for this. Guess not :roll: Doesn't really matter though. If the tables were created with the phpbb prefix then that means the mod is built around it anyways. If it didn't work then you wouldn't be able to view your forum so you'd know there's a problem.

adamm22

attachment table table cutting off.

Post by adamm22 »

Hey,

I am still having problems with the attachment table getting cut off!!

Please see this topic (use temp2005/temppass for user/pass) to see my problem.

My code is on an earlier post in this topic. No one has helped me, and I am desperate for even some advice! I do not understand why this is happening.

Also test out trying to post a reply, and attaching a file. Attach the file, then Preview the post befor submitting. As you can see, the attachment table in the Preview works great!!! But when you submit the post, it gets cut off!

Any ideas?!?!
adamm22

neongel

Nothing is different in "post reply"

Post by neongel »

Hi, I've installed the mod, I think. Everything seems fine in the administration panel - no error messages. But nothing seems to be different when posting a reply. There is no "upload attachment" button of any sort. Is there something I need to activate? Thanks.

DavidIQ

Re: attachment table table cutting off.

Post by DavidIQ »

adamm22 wrote: Hey,

I am still having problems with the attachment table getting cut off!!

Please see this topic (use temp2005/temppass for user/pass) to see my problem.

My code is on an earlier post in this topic. No one has helped me, and I am desperate for even some advice! I do not understand why this is happening.

Also test out trying to post a reply, and attaching a file. Attach the file, then Preview the post befor submitting. As you can see, the attachment table in the Preview works great!!! But when you submit the post, it gets cut off!

Any ideas?!?!

Ah...forgot to address your issue :lol:

Are you using Extreme Styles MOD? And what is your template's name? Some templates are designed in a way that'll mess with the attachmod tables.

adamm22

Post by adamm22 »

DavidIQ wrote: Ah...forgot to address your issue :lol:

Are you using Extreme Styles MOD? And what is your template's name? Some templates are designed in a way that'll mess with the attachmod tables.

I am using NoseBleed as the base, but I totally changed a lot of it. And no I am not using Extreme Styles MOD

Thanks for replying DavidIQ.. i thought i was doomed, no one was helping!! :(
adamm22

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

adamm22 wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:Ah...forgot to address your issue :lol:

I am using NoseBleed as the base, but I totally changed a lot of it. And no I am not using Extreme Styles MOD

Thanks for replying DavidIQ.. i thought i was doomed, no one was helping!! :(

Well I know where your fix is...but it's gonna cost you a dollar. No joke either:

http://www.mikelothar.com/

He redesigned the attachment mod files to work with NoseBleed and they're only available on his forum. Might want to do some searching around but I did and not much came up. Thing is that if you want to access the community.mikelothar.com site you'll need to cough up a dollar for monthly access. :roll:

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”