Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

killyouall

Post by killyouall »

killyouall wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:
killyouall wrote:there is already

Then you need to set the permissions on it to read/write/execute all (chmod to 777 as I said already).

i ment that for everythign it is set to that

just making sure you didnt lok me over

the folder is in ther and it is set to 777

huntersoasis

Re: im getting a error

Post by huntersoasis »

DavidIQ wrote:
huntersoasis wrote:when im upload a video or mp3 or anything like that

General Error

Tried to upload empty file

but pics and stuff work fine

The file you're trying to upload is too big. Your host is limiting the size of uploads via PHP settings.

then how do i change that????

since i am the host and own the server????

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

huntersoasis wrote: then how do i change that????

Great! This should be easy then. In your php.ini file look for post_max_size and upload_max_size. Just change the values of those to higher numbers and you should be good to go.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

killyouall wrote:
killyouall wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:

Then you need to set the permissions on it to read/write/execute all (chmod to 777 as I said already).

I didn't...but your error is because the proper permissions aren't set on the directory but you're saying that it's set to 777 already. You're not doing that on a Windows server are you? Or even a Windows computer? The procedure is a bit different for that.

Ipeonrush

Post by Ipeonrush »

can someone verify what the latest version of the attachment mods is now?

I have 2.0.19 phpbb and 2.4.1.2 for the attachment mods.

I"m trying to install a clean version of 2.0.21 for phpbb now but dont know what version i need for the attachments.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Glock26 wrote: Firstly...great mod!
Am a total novice, and seem to have gotten it first time...All seems to be working great.

Just have one question. All my tests uploaded fine..and some other people uploaded ok, and can see the images.

It is a new forum, so don't have too many people who have tested it yet..but I have one guy who says the first time he loads the thread, he just got the red X instead of the image. When he went out, and came back in, it loaded ok.

Now this is an AOL user..and he had issues with the visual confirmation box viewing too. I believe AOL has some caching problem that affects some people.
Could this attachment viewing error be because of AOL, or is there something I need to check in my mod installation?
Has anyone had any sporadic errors where the X appears instead of the image, and then loads when you come back into the thread, and is there something I can do that will help?

Otherwise I am chuffed..works great. Even for a total beginner...just follow the instructions exactly and it should be fine. Fantastic work!

G26

AOL's software is known to be buggy at best so I'd point the finger at AOL or the user's AOL settings. Tell them to try it using IE externally or download and install FireFox. It might even be a problem after installing IE7. Whatever it is I can almost assure you that it's the computer and not the mod or the website.

my4skcg

Post by my4skcg »

DavidIQ wrote:
my4skcg wrote:Another problem that may or may not be related is ... after installing these mods, I can't see the attachments in posts that were created before the mods. If I go to the attachment control panel, the attachment is listed and I can click on the attachment file and view the attachment. It just doesn't display in the post. This is on the PC and the Mac.

Check viewtopic.php and viewtopic_body.tpl. The edits to those might have gotten wiped out.

The edits didn't get wiped out, but permissions on the attachment_files/thumbs needed to be changed.

I can't explain it why they weren't set, but on the unix box, I copied entire directories. I made a backup of my entire forum directory, before copying files from my testforum into my live forum. When I messed things up, I copied the backup I made. After several tries, I installed the mods from the testforum into the live forum properly. Possibly in all this, the thumbs directory didn't have write permission.

Thanks.
Marion

killyouall

Post by killyouall »

DavidIQ wrote:
killyouall wrote:
killyouall wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:

I didn't...but your error is because the proper permissions aren't set on the directory but you're saying that it's set to 777 already. You're not doing that on a Windows server are you? Or even a Windows computer? The procedure is a bit different for that.

im using an ftp program to do it ive never had problems with it before but here is a few pics to help with the fact that i set it right

http://www.ao.suggestionsite.com/v/pt1.GIF
http://www.ao.suggestionsite.com/v/pt2.GIF

and here is my phpinfo file
http://www.ao.suggestionsite.com/phpinfo.php

yes i have a windows os but i dont see who thats a problem and you can see the server info in the phpinfo file

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

killyouall wrote: im using an ftp program to do it ive never had problems with it before but here is a few pics to help with the fact that i set it right

http://www.ao.suggestionsite.com/v/pt1.GIF
http://www.ao.suggestionsite.com/v/pt2.GIF

and here is my phpinfo file
http://www.ao.suggestionsite.com/phpinfo.php

yes i have a windows os but i dont see who thats a problem and you can see the server info in the phpinfo file

I was referring to where the forum was at but that's taken care of it seems.

I can't even register on your forum because I can't see the confirmation code. Wonder what's going on...

killyouall

Post by killyouall »

thought i disabled that.....

also

user test3
pass test

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

I can't get it to create a thumbnail. Did you disable thumbnails?

killyouall

Post by killyouall »

smartsingh

Post by smartsingh »

Hi, total novice here. I just installed the attachment mod on my forum, or at least I think I did, because there is not option to add or attach files when I post a reply on my forum. Any Help?

my4skcg

Post by my4skcg »

DavidIQ wrote:
my4skcg wrote:Marion here again.

Another issue is ... the little paperclip icon that shows a post has an attachment is not appearing anymore. Can you point me in the direction of where to look for the error? The image file DOES exist - I already checked that.

Thanks so much for all of your help! I just really hate it when you have something working and it breaks. KWIM?

Marion

Check the viewforum.php edit.

I actually was missing the code in viewforum_body.tpl.

But, why does the "last post" icon not show up when I fix this? Here is my line of code:

<td class="row1" width="100%"><span class="topictitle">{topicrow.NEWEST_POST_IMG}{topicrow.TOPIC_ATTACHMENT_IMG}{topicrow.TOPIC_TYPE}<a href="{topicrow.U_VIEW_TOPIC}" class="topictitle">{topicrow.TOPIC_TITLE}</a></span>

Thanks.

huntersoasis

Post by huntersoasis »

DavidIQ wrote:
huntersoasis wrote:then how do i change that????

Great! This should be easy then. In your php.ini file look for post_max_size and upload_max_size. Just change the values of those to higher numbers and you should be good to go.

where is the php.ini file located?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”