Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

fogcutter

Post by fogcutter »

I apologize if this has been answered already but with no way to search the forum and 1245 pages......

Is there a way to view Word doc and Excel sheets inline like images?

Great mod btw...unbelievably handy.
fogcutter

Post by fogcutter »

Double post...sorry.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

fogcutter wrote: Is there a way to view Word doc and Excel sheets inline like images?.

No.
w00tmc

Post by w00tmc »

hey people,
I recently installed me a phpbb for my school and successfully installed some mods already (using easymod)

but with this little fella , I kinda destroyed my board ( luckly i took backups )
I kinda followed the guidelines @ http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12140 but I think that with the new version these hints don't apply any more :?

the main problem is that I placed the attachement mod in a admin/mods/attachement_mod/ folder instead of in the phproot ( so I could use easymod on it ) but after the install, all pages which contained includes tried to include from the wrong place :x

anybody can simply tell me how to fix this so i can install the 2.4.5 with easymod, because i'v seen the mod in action already and it's great!!

tnx for your time!
mc
mad_bob

Post by mad_bob »

Brf wrote:
mad_bob wrote: UTZ THM WAV MP3 files

Did you enable those file extensions?

Yep... All has been working with no problems, I cant understand whats happened.
will_hough
Former Team Member
Name: Will Hough

Post by will_hough »

weyland2 wrote: Hi there,

Installed the attachment mod in a new phpBB2 install
(2.0.21) and am getting a wierd page that is just way too long.
I don't know how to properly explain it, but you can see what I mean here -
http://chopperhandbook.net/viewforum.php?f=2

How can I fix this?

Thanks for your time and toleration of my ignorance.

Best,

Weyland

I do not see anything wrong there. Did you fix it?
eRock72

Uploading Problem

Post by eRock72 »

Hello,

I have successfully installed the attachment mod and it works great! Thanks!

But I just recently ran into a little problem I'm trying to find the root of. I have had my host lift the upload size restriction and everything was working fine. Suddenly, I can't upload anything over 8mb without getting an error that reads, "No post mode specified". Anything under that size uploads without a problem.

I double checked with my host and my settings, and everything is set correctly, but no matter what i do I get the same error, "No post mode specified".

Do you or anyone have any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong to cause this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: Uploading Problem

Post by DavidIQ »

eRock72 wrote: Hello,

I have successfully installed the attachment mod and it works great! Thanks!

But I just recently ran into a little problem I'm trying to find the root of. I have had my host lift the upload size restriction and everything was working fine. Suddenly, I can't upload anything over 8mb without getting an error that reads, "No post mode specified". Anything under that size uploads without a problem.

I double checked with my host and my settings, and everything is set correctly, but no matter what i do I get the same error, "No post mode specified".

Do you or anyone have any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong to cause this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx.

Your host decreased your limit again. Check by putting this in a php file:

Code: Select all

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

w00tmc wrote: hey people,
I recently installed me a phpbb for my school and successfully installed some mods already (using easymod)

but with this little fella , I kinda destroyed my board ( luckly i took backups )
I kinda followed the guidelines @ http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12140 but I think that with the new version these hints don't apply any more :?

the main problem is that I placed the attachement mod in a admin/mods/attachement_mod/ folder instead of in the phproot ( so I could use easymod on it ) but after the install, all pages which contained includes tried to include from the wrong place :x

anybody can simply tell me how to fix this so i can install the 2.4.5 with easymod, because i'v seen the mod in action already and it's great!!

tnx for your time!
mc

Simple answer: DON'T use easyMOD. It says so in the instructions anyways that this mod was not written to be easyMOD compatible. You'll need to do the edits manually or go through all of the edits to make sure they're easyMOD compatible.
bjacobs1981

Is there any way to ..

Post by bjacobs1981 »

add a file count to the forum/topic index. I want to do this myself, and I think i've found it in index_body.tpl but what other files do i need to edit, I am also gonna need it to make an sql query for the totals like it does for the topic/post count
Darrious

Post by Darrious »

I have the attachment mod working good, but there is one problem.

I did a test just to see what an attached file looked like, and it doesn't show.

I mean there is no link for me to click on the attached file to download it. I look at the topic and it shows the picture that there is an attached file. I even go to the ACP and it shows the attached file, and I can download it. Is there some reason why it does not show up in the post?
eRock72

Re: Uploading Problem

Post by eRock72 »

DavidIQ wrote: Your host decreased your limit again. Check by putting this in a php file:

Code: Select all

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Huh. Interesting. I think you're right. It looks like they missed a setting. That's a handy little piece of code.

Thx.
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Darrious wrote: I have the attachment mod working good, but there is one problem.

I did a test just to see what an attached file looked like, and it doesn't show.

I mean there is no link for me to click on the attached file to download it. I look at the topic and it shows the picture that there is an attached file. I even go to the ACP and it shows the attached file, and I can download it. Is there some reason why it does not show up in the post?

Might want to check the edits done to viewtopic.php and viewtopic_body.tpl
Darrious

Post by Darrious »

Thanks, I forgot to add a line in veiwtopic_body.tpl
w00tmc

Post by w00tmc »

ok, i followed your advice and installed the mod manually. wasn't that hard and learned alot about the whole phpbb structure.

anyways.. the mod is working fine now, EXCEPT for the fact that my attachments are showing up TWICE in posts. I checked the viewtopic_body.tpl but there's only one {postrow.ATTACHMENTS} there.

so like.. ermm.. help ?! :)

ps: link to image of the problem can be found HERE!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”