Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

vizcares

Post by vizcares » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:38 pm

vizcares wrote: Hi

I am about to try to install this MOD, but before I begin this huge job I have some questions (they have probably been answered before, but I couldn't find these answers)

In the install.txt there's a line saying:

Upload the Schema Files (those files ending in .sql) in ASCII Mode (This is the Layout and Data for your Database):

What does this mean, I use FrontPage (I know that this isn't the best program on earth, but I'm a newbee) and I can't find anything about uploading in ASCII - mode

I hope you can help

Thanks in advance

Please don't bother to answer... I have installed this fantastic MOD without no problems, I did all the changes by myself I used the install.txt file and I erased in this file every thing I did.

It is just fantastic, thanks

Cryomenace

Re: Here is my posting code

Post by Cryomenace » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:04 am

wmtoo wrote:

Code: Select all

//Attach 2.3.11

//End Attach      $attachment_mod['posting']->insert_attachment($post_id); 

I don't know whether its because of the large copy/paste you've made, that maybe something shifted a line or two, but is the above comment also blocking "$attachment_mod. . ." in your posting.php file? If so try uncomment the line and see if it works. :)
/Cryomenace

Apache/2.2.2 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8b PHP/5.1.4 MySQL/5.0.20 phpBB/2.0.21 Server at Port 443
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4

bonkerspr

hi

Post by bonkerspr » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:10 am

i need support instaling attach mod on php 2.0.13

MetalMike

Post by MetalMike » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:08 am

I'm sure this has been answered before but there is just so many posts to this thread I cannot seem to find an answer.

If I apply a style to my forum after I've completed the installation, will the attachment mod inherit the style as well? What about installing it on a style other than subSilver initially?

co1d

Post by co1d » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:10 am

I need help with making this mod work with a different template..

Like I said. It works for subSilver but not any other... I need help please! Does any know why this is?

Also when I do upload images in subSilver it posts the images twice.. I've seen some code on this forum on how to fix it, but it doesn't seem to work! If someone would please take a few minutes to explain this to me, I would be very gratefull.

Thank you!

wmtoo
Name: Josi

Re: Here is my posting code

Post by wmtoo » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:16 am

Cryomenace wrote:
wmtoo wrote:

//Attach 2.3.11

//End Attach      $attachment_mod['posting']->insert_attachment($post_id); 

I don't know whether its because of the large copy/paste you've made, that maybe something shifted a line or two, but is the above comment also blocking "$attachment_mod. . ." in your posting.php file? If so try uncomment the line and see if it works. :)

I THINK I LOVE YOU!

LOL - see what an extra pair of eyes can do? Oh, boy - well at least I knew which file it was, lol....

Thanks man - you're awesome.

Cryomenace

Post by Cryomenace » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:34 am

MetalMike wrote: If I apply a style to my forum after I've completed the installation, will the attachment mod inherit the style as well? What about installing it on a style other than subSilver initially?
co1d wrote: Like I said. It works for subSilver but not any other...

As far as I know, you have to edit ALL the template (.tpl) files for ALL the themes you have installed on your forum.

So for example, if your install file tells you to:

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
# 
templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl

# 
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# around line 258
<form action="{S_POST_ACTION}" method="post" name="post" onsubmit="return checkForm(this)">

# 
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------
# 
<form action="{S_POST_ACTION}" method="post" name="post" onsubmit="return checkForm(this)" {S_FORM_ENCTYPE}>
... then for each and every theme you have installed, you have to open and edit:

templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl
templates/themeX/posting_body.tpl
templates/themeY/posting_body.tpl
templates/themeY/posting_body.tpl

I hope that made sense. :)
/Cryomenace

Apache/2.2.2 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8b PHP/5.1.4 MySQL/5.0.20 phpBB/2.0.21 Server at Port 443
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4

MetalMike

Post by MetalMike » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:59 am

Yes that answers my question Cryomenace, but it doesn't make me happy. :(

Oh well, I think this mod is worth the trouble. I've seen it in action elsewhere and was very impressed. Thanks again. :)

co1d

Post by co1d » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:17 am

Cryomenace wrote:
MetalMike wrote:If I apply a style to my forum after I've completed the installation, will the attachment mod inherit the style as well? What about installing it on a style other than subSilver initially?
Well.. I did that. I still does not work. I think I will just edit subSilver so it will accomodate my style...BUT I want the whole "double posts" of the attachment to stop.. any idea on why this posts the attachments twice? Especially in subSilver? Any ideas would be REALLY appreciated!

Thanks guys!

MetalMike

Post by MetalMike » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:52 am

I'm going to wait this out and see how it turns out for you co1d then I'll proceed. ;)

Cryomenace

Post by Cryomenace » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:59 am

wmtoo wrote: Thanks man - you're awesome.

Hehe, no problem. I'm glad you got it working. :)
MetalMike wrote: Oh well, I think this mod is worth the trouble.

I had the same fears and doubts that you seem to have, when I downloaded the mod a couple of weeks ago. It's just a matter of keeping your head cool while going through the install file.

I think it took me just about two hours to install, but I took my time and went through the mod, always doublechecking to see if it was a "find" or "find in line" or "add before" vs. "add after". Remember to take backup of the files before you edit them.

A good hint is to use the "Find Next" button, when performing your search within the various files to edit. Sometimes the paragraphs are very similar and a search phrase may turn up more than once. Make sure you're editing at the right place.
co1d wrote: any idea on why this posts the attachments twice?

Sorry, I have no clue why it does that, but if I find a solution to your problem while searching for a solution for my own problem, I'll post it here.

I can tell the both of you, that I'm using the latest version of the attachment mod and phpBB together with approximately ten other mods using ONLY the Avalanche theme. I simply didn't bother to install everything for each theme I had, and I didn't find subSilver or the other themes pleasing to the eye—at least not compared to Avalanche. Sofar, I've not experienced any problems. :)
/Cryomenace

digitaldevil

Post by digitaldevil » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:52 pm

bonkerspr

Post by bonkerspr » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:56 pm

problems uploading

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/01-los_cazadores-intro-shp_560.mp3.

Droopy13

Post by Droopy13 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:03 pm

Seems you editing in the file mentioned in your error is wrong.

Droopy13

Post by Droopy13 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:16 pm

bonkerspr wrote: problems uploading

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/01-los_cazadores-intro-shp_560.mp3.

Did you enable MP3 as eligable attachement in the CP?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”