Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

Forau

Post by Forau » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:10 am

Well, I've already determined there is a problem around (depending on your mods) line 38 in viewtopic_body.tpl. After putting the {postrow.SIGNATURE} on a new line, after returns to normal. Somehow the attachment mod eats the rest of the line. The code below repairs it all, but it's still weird that it happens.

Code: Select all

<td colspan="2"><span class="postbody">{postrow.MESSAGE}</span>{postrow.ATTACHMENTS} 
					<span class="postbody">{postrow.SIGNATURE}</span><span class="gensmall">{postrow.EDITED_MESSAGE}</span></td>

groundfighter

Post by groundfighter » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:13 am

Interesting, since my custom template doesn't use that .tpl file perhaps that is why it doesn't cause me conflict. 8)

Forau

Post by Forau » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:16 am

That could be a reason, yes :P

Despite my hack being so stupidly simple I threw away 2 hours on solving it last night, I'm still going to find out why the rest of the line is eaten. Especially since it happened after I upgraded from 2.3.9 to 2.3.11

groundfighter

Post by groundfighter » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:17 am

haha, you sound like me you make it work one way or another. 8)

vycom

Post by vycom » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:06 pm

Trying to reply on topic I had this problem on my phpbb 2.0.13 and attach_mod 2.3.11:
Template->make_filename(): Error - file ./templates/subSilver/add_attachment_body.tpl does not exist

It seems to me that maybe after fixing path disclosure bugs in 2.0.12 it became problematic to keep attach_mod in a subdirectory. A call to getcwd() in attach_mod/displaying.php is a dirty hack of this problem:

in init_display_template() replace

$complete_filename = $template->root . '/' . $complete_filename;

with

$complete_filename = getcwd() . '/' . $template->root . '/' . $complete_filename;

Does anybody know a safer way of solving this?

all the best,
V.

KreeganRonald

Post by KreeganRonald » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:54 pm

I have installed the attachmod with a blank phpbb, evrything seemed to work fine, until i tried to add an attachmod. their isnt a box where i can add something. Its like their even isnt an attachmod installed, while i can c the attachment admin panel. Its very strange ,someone can help with this?

vycom

Post by vycom » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:28 pm

KreeganRonald wrote: I have installed the attachmod with a blank phpbb, evrything seemed to work fine, until i tried to add an attachmod. their isnt a box where i can add something. Its like their even isnt an attachmod installed, while i can c the attachment admin panel. Its very strange ,someone can help with this?

Did you do all the four steps as defined in docs/install.txt in the attach_mod distribution? It seems to me that you have made an incomplete installation!

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:49 pm

vycom wrote: Trying to reply on topic I had this problem on my phpbb 2.0.13 and attach_mod 2.3.11:
Template->make_filename(): Error - file ./templates/subSilver/add_attachment_body.tpl does not exist

It seems to me that maybe after fixing path disclosure bugs in 2.0.12 it became problematic to keep attach_mod in a subdirectory. A call to getcwd() in attach_mod/displaying.php is a dirty hack of this problem:

in init_display_template() replace

$complete_filename = $template->root . '/' . $complete_filename;

with

$complete_filename = getcwd() . '/' . $template->root . '/' . $complete_filename;

Does anybody know a safer way of solving this?

all the best,
V.

Strange because if you upload all the files correctly, it should be OK.... :?
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

vycom

Post by vycom » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:07 pm

morpheus2matrix wrote: Strange because if you upload all the files correctly, it should be OK.... :?

The attach_mod's author guaranteed the compatibility with phpbb up to 2.0.11 only. I'm using 2.0.13. So I didn't satisfy his conditions :roll: . That's why the installation was not ok. But it's still interesting to find why this bug appears.

KreeganRonald

Post by KreeganRonald » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:13 pm

vycom wrote:
KreeganRonald wrote:I have installed the attachmod with a blank phpbb, evrything seemed to work fine, until i tried to add an attachmod. their isnt a box where i can add something. Its like their even isnt an attachmod installed, while i can c the attachment admin panel. Its very strange ,someone can help with this?

Did you do all the four steps as defined in docs/install.txt in the attach_mod distribution? It seems to me that you have made an incomplete installation!

I have skipped step 3 cos i have used the pre edited files. But further i have done evrything right, maybe i should try it manually once

groundfighter

Post by groundfighter » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:58 pm

vycom wrote:
morpheus2matrix wrote: Strange because if you upload all the files correctly, it should be OK.... :?

The attach_mod's author guaranteed the compatibility with phpbb up to 2.0.11 only. I'm using 2.0.13. So I didn't satisfy his conditions :roll: . That's why the installation was not ok. But it's still interesting to find why this bug appears.

It works flawlessly with 2.0.13 and on top of that I am even running a custom template that complicates thing a lot.

CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Post by CTCNetwork » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:13 am

Cleary wrote: I'm unable to send this individual a PM so I will post my message and hopefully it will find it's way.

Acyd Burn,

I had some questions about the Attach Mod that you developed.
Here is what version I'm at: phpBB 2.0.13
I just want members to have the ability to upload photos (jpg, gif..etc) with their replies or when they start a new topic:
for example...if my friend starts a topic called Cedar Point and writes a little story about it and he uploads the photos from his local computer to the forums for everyone to view.

Is something like this possible?

So pretty much I just want enable people the option to upload photos and that's it. But I want the photos to be re-sized automatically width = 640 and height = 480 or vice versa.

Thank you for your time into this matter.

Cleary
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |

bushsolo

No Thumbs

Post by bushsolo » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:31 am

Hello,

I'm sure this has been asked several times before...

There are no thumbs showing on my site :(

ImageMagick-5.5.7.15-1.3
gd-2.0.15-1
Fedora Core 2
PHP has GD support built in

No other mods and this is a clean install of phpBB 2.0.13

I have tried everything possible under the Special Options menu with no luck.

Any help please,

Bushy

Cryomenace

Post by Cryomenace » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:59 am

*BUMP*

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 22#1457422

Please, can someone help me...?!
/Cryomenace

Apache/2.2.2 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8b PHP/5.1.4 MySQL/5.0.20 phpBB/2.0.21 Server at Port 443
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:04 pm

CTCNetwork wrote:
Cleary wrote:I'm unable to send this individual a PM so I will post my message and hopefully it will find it's way.

Acyd Burn,

I had some questions about the Attach Mod that you developed.
Here is what version I'm at: phpBB 2.0.13
I just want members to have the ability to upload photos (jpg, gif..etc) with their replies or when they start a new topic:
for example...if my friend starts a topic called Cedar Point and writes a little story about it and he uploads the photos from his local computer to the forums for everyone to view.

Is something like this possible?

So pretty much I just want enable people the option to upload photos and that's it. But I want the photos to be re-sized automatically width = 640 and height = 480 or vice versa.

Thank you for your time into this matter.

Cleary

This is what the MOD do....
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”