Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
2035
71%
Very Good
444
16%
Good
175
6%
Fair
54
2%
Poor
156
5%
 
Total votes: 2864

_skTR_SlimShady
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:35 pm

Post by _skTR_SlimShady » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:03 am

Guys , do i need to make extra things to work this mod in other skins , beacuse it works for subsilver but nothing were seen about attachment in other skin!?

If it is , can u explain me what should i do? :wink:

User avatar
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member
Posts: 9171
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:31 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Post by morpheus2matrix » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:28 am

_skTR_SlimShady wrote: Guys , do i need to make extra things to work this mod in other skins , beacuse it works for subsilver but nothing were seen about attachment in other skin!?

If it is , can u explain me what should i do? :wink:

You just need to modify the template files of your other template, instead of subSilver's one :)
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

robgib
Registered User
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:48 am
Location: UK
Contact:

need some assistance please

Post by robgib » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:09 pm

installed 2.0.12 worked fine... then installed easymod also working fine..
installed attachmod.. and got error message.....


Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_var() in /home/users/uks17815/html/londonbricklayers.co.uk/phpBB2/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 62


i upgraded to 2.0.13 then had another go using a fresh attachmod from acyds site....failed install mod_table_inst.php

any ideas on how to proceed please?

using cute ftp pro and when ftp the sql files it said they were binary?


also clicked on other attachmod extension controls and got these errors also
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_imagick() in /home/users/uks17815/html/londonbricklayers.co.uk/phpBB2/admin/admin_attachments.php on line 874



[/quote]

_skTR_SlimShady
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:35 pm

Post by _skTR_SlimShady » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:23 pm

morpheus2matrix wrote:
_skTR_SlimShady wrote:Guys , do i need to make extra things to work this mod in other skins , beacuse it works for subsilver but nothing were seen about attachment in other skin!?

If it is , can u explain me what should i do? :wink:

You just need to modify the template files of your other template, instead of subSilver's one :)


Is it easy, is php knowledge needed? Can i found the modified files anywhere , more help pls :D

groundfighter
Registered User
Posts: 1909
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:15 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Post by groundfighter » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:25 pm

All the modified files are in the contrib directory of the download. 8)

robgib
Registered User
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:48 am
Location: UK
Contact:

whats the best way

Post by robgib » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:30 pm

to remove my unsuccesfull install so i can try again??

i tried overwriting ....

also my ftp client said that the sql files were binary :?

didnt upload these as ascii mode at first install could that be where i went wrong..see post above error :oops:

Trab9000
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:07 pm

Re: Thumbs sorta working

Post by Trab9000 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:23 pm

Trab9000 wrote: I need some help. I tried searching for an answer but this thread is too overwhelming and the board search isn't working at the moment.

IF anyone can point me in the right direction I would be eternally greatful.

I have the mod installed and everything worked except for the thumbnail generation. The mod will make thumbs of gif's, but not of jpg's.

I have imagemajik installed and it's working fine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Trab9000


So there is no one who has an idea of what might be the problem here?

Trab9000

User avatar
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member
Posts: 9171
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:31 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: need some assistance please

Post by morpheus2matrix » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:16 am

robgib wrote: installed 2.0.12 worked fine... then installed easymod also working fine..
installed attachmod.. and got error message.....


Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_var() in /home/users/uks17815/html/londonbricklayers.co.uk/phpBB2/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 62


i upgraded to 2.0.13 then had another go using a fresh attachmod from acyds site....failed install mod_table_inst.php

any ideas on how to proceed please?

using cute ftp pro and when ftp the sql files it said they were binary?


also clicked on other attachmod extension controls and got these errors also
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_imagick() in /home/users/uks17815/html/londonbricklayers.co.uk/phpBB2/admin/admin_attachments.php on line 874


[/quote]

Be sure all the files of the MOD have been uploaded :)
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

User avatar
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member
Posts: 9171
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:31 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Post by morpheus2matrix » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:17 am

_skTR_SlimShady wrote:
morpheus2matrix wrote:
_skTR_SlimShady wrote:Guys , do i need to make extra things to work this mod in other skins , beacuse it works for subsilver but nothing were seen about attachment in other skin!?

If it is , can u explain me what should i do? :wink:

You just need to modify the template files of your other template, instead of subSilver's one :)


Is it easy, is php knowledge needed? Can i found the modified files anywhere , more help pls :D

No PHP is needed: just only HTLM and copy/paste :wink:
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

User avatar
Master B
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:29 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Files are uploaded, but not displayed in post

Post by Master B » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:23 am

Hi there, you attachment guys,

You did a great job, developing this mod! I'm using it pretty much, but since I upgraded from phpBB 2.0.11 to version 2.0.12 and 2.0.13 I'm experiencing a small problem:

When I'm writing/editing a post, and attach a file to it, all goes well. The file is being uploaded, and is physically on the server, no problem so far.
But when I'm reading that post it doesn't show the attachment inside it. It does show attachments in older posts. I don't get any error message when I try to post/read a post with an attachment.

When I go into the administration panel and check for shadow attachments (files in the 'files' folder, that are not linked to a post) I see the file I just uploaded.

I guess the problem must be in the phpbb_attachments table in my MySQL database. AFAIK for every attachment there must be a row in this table, to link it to a certain post. My idea is that for new attachments the only problem is that this row is not inserted.

Sadly, I've been searching through the edited files (the ones I edited to upgrade from 2.0.11 to 2.0.13) an even checked all the steps to install the attachment mod, but everythin seemed to be fine.
[edit] I found a post of wmtoo, a few pages earlier, and I saw his/her solution to a similar problem. I especially checked for mistakes like that, but didn't find anything.[/edit]

Can anyone help me out, maybe someone has an idea why this row is not being inserted, or at which row in the php code this row is actually being inserted? I hope someone can shine a fresh light on my problem, because I don't feel like reinstalling my heavily modded forum...

bosox05
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:50 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by bosox05 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:57 am

Hi,

Just recently downloaded v2.3.11 to put on my board (2.0.13) I installed everything, triple-checked everything was in the correct place during install, test buttons say things are fine. Only thing is 2 problems...

1. When I try to upload a file, it does not upload at all. I get nothing. It does not upload and there are no images or attachments on the server.

2. Shadow attachments, when I click on it, it reads "Unable to get Raw File Listing. Please be sure the LIST command is enabled at your FTP Server." The LIST command is active on the FTP server I use.

3. That and where is the index.php file supposed to go from the "files" dir? ::::::::::::::FIXED:::::::::::::

Anyone got any ideas? I've been working on this for 8 hours now. :roll:

TIA!
Last edited by bosox05 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull s**t.

robgib
Registered User
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:48 am
Location: UK
Contact:

thanks morpheus...

Post by robgib » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:52 pm

but i did check that i uploaded all files....

tried to re -do an overwrite and did not work

i diidnt do the schema sql files in ascii mode..but my ftp client said that they were binary when i tried to re-install


how can i re start??

User avatar
Master B
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:29 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Post by Master B » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:18 pm

Partial reply to bosox05:

3: You should leave the index.php file inside the 'files' directory. When people try to access your 'files' directory (http://www.yoursite.com/phpBB/files) the index.php is automagically opened. It is a blank file, and this method keeps people from indexing your files dir. This way they can't see which files (attachments) are in that directory.

For the same reason you will find and almost empty index.htm in every folder of your phpBB install.

Sorry, can't answer your other questions!

pengrus
Registered User
Posts: 566
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:13 am
Contact:

Post by pengrus » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:25 pm

Where do I adjust the thumbnail compression quality? My thumbnail generated by attachment mod is overly compressed.

User avatar
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member
Posts: 9171
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:31 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Post by morpheus2matrix » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:26 pm

check in the file functions_thumbs.php
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”