Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

bcs10

Post by bcs10 »

i am thinking to install this mod on a forum that is running phpbb 2.0.14 with the subforums 2.1.0 mod... and I was wondering if it will work ok with it.
/DD

fjl

Post by fjl »

I currently have attachmod 2.3.11 installed and noticed that a new version was released. I was reading the update_23x_to_latest.txt file and its says.

Code: Select all

This package contains a number of archives, each contains the files changed from a given release to 2.3.12. 
You should select the appropriate archive for your current version, e.g. if you currently have 2.3.11 you should select the 
2.3.11_to_2.3.12.zip/tar.gz file.
I've looked everywherei n the zip file and have found no 2.3.11_to_2.3.12.zip file. So where do I get this file? :?:
This is my Sig... :|

wordeebird

Files became un-attached after upgrading to phpBB v. 2.0.14?

Post by wordeebird »

Hi, I have a rather extensive library of documents posted [with Attachment Mod] on my board. I just upgraded from v. 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 last night.

I DID back up the dB and files. However, after running install.php, and going through the "motions" all the sudden 250 documents are un-attached!!

I logged in as superAdmin, and edited a bunch of entries. You can click on update posted attachment; it was visible as "there" and "attached" in the Preview of the message, however... once I hit Submit, the message includes enough space [as if the table for the attachment is there] but I can't see it!!
8O
I am absolutely POSITIVE that the files are on the server, I also have a mirror on my hd.

I've already gone through about 75 posts/entries that *looked* like the files were being re-attached, but they are still missing! I checked the permissions and that doesn't seem to be an issue either...

What could be the problem? How can I fix it?

MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze »

hey wordeebird,
have you tried Synchronize Attachments?

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

fjl wrote: I currently have attachmod 2.3.11 installed and noticed that a new version was released. I was reading the update_23x_to_latest.txt file and its says.

Code: Select all

This package contains a number of archives, each contains the files changed from a given release to 2.3.12. 
You should select the appropriate archive for your current version, e.g. if you currently have 2.3.11 you should select the 
2.3.11_to_2.3.12.zip/tar.gz file.
I've looked everywherei n the zip file and have found no 2.3.11_to_2.3.12.zip file. So where do I get this file? :?:

You can get the changed files and patch files at http://opentools.de
Have you hugged someone today?

Julfi

Post by Julfi »

Hi !
Great mod wich helps me a lot wit images !
I have a problem.. in my forum onli admin can attach files. I set quota to low to other users but they can not attach anyway.
What should i do ?
Thanks an sory for my tarzan english :oops:

tranz_fusion

Post by tranz_fusion »

tranz_fusion wrote: Ok, I have the newest php, and the newest attach_mod.

everything went fairly smooth for install, but i am having strange problems now.

one problem, after i upload an image, if i click on the link to it, or on the thumbnail for it, it comes up in the new window as a red x.

the address is
http://www.mypageaddy.com/downloads.php ... filenumber (ie: download.php?id=17)

if i put in the actual address to the file..
(ie: http://www.mypageaddy.com/uploads/file.jpg)
...it shows up just fine.

what is going on? i have tried both FTP uploads and regular, with the same results. thnx for the help.

-Josh

Anyone help???

Yes the folders were chmod 777. THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

Twins187

I can use the upload-mod (No errors) BUT I CANNOT see my ..

Post by Twins187 »

Everythings works fine,
but when I uploaded something it doesn`t show the attachments files
in the post (ONLY when i`m previewing my POST)

Does anybody now what is wrong . .
You can test it sourself .. venlo-twins forum

Try upload something ?? watch you`re topic preview (it display the attachments correct) when I finish ..
There are no attachments .. (in my FTP folder are the uploaded images etc.) What can be wrong ?? :cry:

Thx Twins..

auday

Post by auday »

hello

i have some problem but first i would like to say thanks to the guys who working for this mod and for the community ...good job

my problem s in posting body... no problem with posting new topic

but posting reply make my forum layout breakdown, it changes the width of the reply posting.

there s not only posting and topic review ...it added the replys below the posting fields and review table ...

i cant explain it ..please see my attached files ..(links)

the posting body width change
http://hothost4u.com/seuclan/forums/images/attach-1.gif

whati can see below the topic review (the posts again)
http://hothost4u.com/seuclan/forums/images/attach-2.gif

please help me ...i think the msgs or psots below the topic review causing the problem ..so pelase help me and tell me wht file to edit

i am confused between posting.php or posting_body.tpl or preview .tpl or review .tpl

even in the new topic posting i can click preview and i still have no layout problem

please tell me wht to do and how to do

tahnk u very much for this great mod and for the support that u give to the community of phpbb
I am proud to be Iraqi

auday

Post by auday »

hi

in this link http://hothost4u.com/seuclan/forums/images/attach-2.gif what u see is 1 post ..but it s actualy all the posts apear there ..

the tables in this pic http://hothost4u.com/seuclan/forums/images/attach-1.gif should be 100% width ..not that small ...

hope u understand wht i mean and now u can find solution for me

thanks
I am proud to be Iraqi

RavenKing

Post by RavenKing »

Can someone help me out I have posted the error I got on my index page after easymod apparently "successfully" installed it.

auday

Post by auday »

hi

i think easymod will not copy the attachment mod fiels to the directories

so u should make sure all ur files of the mod moved to the new place

u should check

i used easymod too

but sql database and mod fiels i make it manualy
eaymod only did the editing .. open find after/before add/repalce

so nowu should check all teh files should be moved from admin/mods/attachmentmodfolder to the corect directory

plus u must make new folder on the root call it files and chmod it to 777 (this where the attachments of ur posters will be added)

if u want to help each other ..add me to msn
audaytlaib at hotmail com
I am proud to be Iraqi

auday

Post by auday »

hello

my problem with the layout s still the same
I am proud to be Iraqi

markozik

Post by markozik »

Configuration: Attachment Mod 2.3.12, phpBB 2.0.14.

When I trying to download for example file.zip, browser is trying to download download.php
What should I do?

5thwheeladmin

Styles Admin Missing After installing attach_mod

Post by 5thwheeladmin »

Once I installed this mod I'm missing the Styles Admin from the admin panel - how do I get it back without un-installing?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”