Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

juiced

Post by juiced »

i need to fix this problem i listed above but im not sure which files to edit...

The only place i see a file attachment option is in the private messaging area.

I cant find it for my life in the posting pages..

**** I found mention of this: Adaptation for Categories Hierarchy v2.1.0

around page 565... but i cant find it in the DB here...

someone told someone else to go here if using CH

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=193124

I really dont want to have to go through all my SQL and write off the whole day to install it.

any suggestions?
Do your part in the environment! The best investment for your kids & future.

BigRed01

Post by BigRed01 »

snoopy11hk wrote: how can i install it with EasyMOD?

Just manually install it. I'm a total newb at all this stuff, took me about 40mn if that. Works like a charm!!!! Tried it on my home machine, now I just have to upload it :| The only problem im having right now is attachment clip isnt showing up in the forum after I post something with an attachment. Any thoughts?

*fixed*

Did all that modifying and didnt read all the fine print, :lol:

evlhamstr

Post by evlhamstr »

how? i have the same problem and its not what the user guide says at the bottom...... I browse the attatchment, i click add and it refreshes the page but no attatchment........ www.atmdesigns.com

MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze »

juiced wrote: **** I found mention of this: Adaptation for Categories Hierarchy v2.1.0

any suggestions?

see http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com/index.php?f=20

There are many fixes and adaptations there for Cat_H.
:)

alpha...

Congratulations"!

Post by alpha... »

Eu sempre tive um certo preconceito para instalar este MOD.

Mas hoje finalmente eu instalei e devo agradecer ao grupo (será que foi uma pessoa só que fez?) pelo excelentíssimo trabalho, muito bom mesmo!

É um MOD enorme de fato, mas ele é tão envolvente e fácil de se instalar manualmente como do que instalar o phpBB.

Toda a equipe (será mesmo que foi um só cara?) está de parabéns, MOD muito bem projetado e escrito, sem erros nenhum e fácil manipulação (nem precisando do "user guide" completissímo que vem junto).

Alpha...

MarcN

Post by MarcN »

Can you talk English please?
Sorry, for my bad English :cry:

BigRed01

Post by BigRed01 »

Is there a way to decrease the thumbnail size?

jayray999

Post by jayray999 »

BigRed01 wrote: Is there a way to decrease the thumbnail size?

Edit the '$max_width = 400;' entry on line 41 of /forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php. I reduced mine from the default 400 pixels to a more manageable 150.

BigRed01

Post by BigRed01 »

Sweet thanks!!!

SpyderRoll

Post by SpyderRoll »

I'm using phpBB 2.0.14 with the latest Attachment mod. The install seems to have went ok, no errors and testing the settings worked fine. Uploading small files so far work just fine, but bigger files (>1MB) does not work.

I've tried both via PHP upload and FTP upload, but bigger files don't upload. My php upload settings is 150MB, and my settings within the attachment mod is 0MB (unlimited) for Filesize, Attachment Quota, Maximum Filesize in Private Messages Folder, and Default Ouota Limits are set to No Quota Limit. I even bumped these values up to 1GB just for kicks, but I'm still seeing the same issue. Any suggestions?

JLB

maximum authorized size

Post by JLB »

The maximum authorized size does not seem to be checked when the admin uploads a file.

Can anyone confirm it?

And if the file exceeds a certain size i do not get the message error but

Code: Select all

Internal Server Error 
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. 
Please contact the server administrator, no.valid@email and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. 

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
as if the server tried to upload the file first to check its size

hcteks

Post by hcteks »

Hi,

I installed this mod on a fresh 2.0.14 and it worked fine. I added a few more mods, and now it doesnt work at all. In posting,php I can browse for a file and when I het "add attachment" the page refreshes, but no files get attached. I didnt change any attach mod files, so I dont even know where to begin looking. the only thing Ive added to posting is some bbcode mods (multi bbcode, bbcode buttons organizer, and html bbcode)

Any thoughts on where to start looking?

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

SpyderRoll wrote: I'm using phpBB 2.0.14 with the latest Attachment mod. The install seems to have went ok, no errors and testing the settings worked fine. Uploading small files so far work just fine, but bigger files (>1MB) does not work.

I've tried both via PHP upload and FTP upload, but bigger files don't upload. My php upload settings is 150MB, and my settings within the attachment mod is 0MB (unlimited) for Filesize, Attachment Quota, Maximum Filesize in Private Messages Folder, and Default Ouota Limits are set to No Quota Limit. I even bumped these values up to 1GB just for kicks, but I'm still seeing the same issue. Any suggestions?

What's the value of line 373 : post_max_size = ?M in your php.ini, and does it match "upload_max_filesize = ?M" around line 480? I had to adjust those values to upload files in excess of 100MB.

Hope it's helpful!
Wolf

SpyderRoll

Post by SpyderRoll »

Wo1f wrote:
SpyderRoll wrote:I'm using phpBB 2.0.14 with the latest Attachment mod. The install seems to have went ok, no errors and testing the settings worked fine. Uploading small files so far work just fine, but bigger files (>1MB) does not work.

What's the value of line 373 : post_max_size = ?M in your php.ini, and does it match "upload_max_filesize = ?M" around line 480? I had to adjust those values to upload files in excess of 100MB.

Hope it's helpful!
Wolf

I went ahead and changed both values to 150M and restarted Apache, but I'm still seeing the same problem (automatically goes to a 'The page cannot be displayed' page). Any other ideas?

juiced

Post by juiced »

There are many fixes and adaptations there for Cat_H.
:)

yes, too many as i just found out :(
Do your part in the environment! The best investment for your kids & future.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”