Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

SpyderRoll wrote: I went ahead and changed both values to 150M and restarted Apache, but I'm still seeing the same problem (automatically goes to a 'The page cannot be displayed' page). Any other ideas?

Assuming you've taken care of "Extension Groups Control" in the ACP, with appropriate values for the extension type you're dealing with, I don't.

I have not touch the default 2MB value for filesize in "Attachment Filesize Settings" in the ACP, and used the "Extension" categories which overides that default value. You did not mention this section in your original post, but I'm assuming again you have covered that base.

Sorry, but this is as far as I can go.
Wolf

Note: Default settings after a successfull install of this mod should allow you a 2MB upload, not 1MB. Are you testing locally where size dosen't matter ( :P ), or could this possibly be a restriction set by your ISP?

hcteks

Post by hcteks »

Hi spyderroll,

I had a similar p[roblem after reinstalling this mod. Here is how I fixed it:

Assuming you are running linux, look in /etc/httpd/conf.d for a file named php.conf.

Add this line to that file:
LimitRequestBody 52428800

(that will allow 50MB, change as required)

Save the file and restart httpd:

httpd -k restart

It worked for me, hope it helps.

humidfreak

Re: The Extension mid is not allowed

Post by humidfreak »

humidfreak wrote: I've got the mod runnin ok but i've added mid to allowed extensions but still get The Extension mid is not allowed plz help

is there a file i need to change CHMOD on for it to write to it or can i do it manualy

SpyderRoll

Post by SpyderRoll »

hcteks wrote: Hi spyderroll,

I had a similar p[roblem after reinstalling this mod. Here is how I fixed it:

Assuming you are running linux, look in /etc/httpd/conf.d for a file named php.conf.

Add this line to that file:
LimitRequestBody 52428800

(that will allow 50MB, change as required)

Save the file and restart httpd:

httpd -k restart

It worked for me, hope it helps.

Thanks hcteks, that did the trick!

Wxman

Post by Wxman »

Is this mod like the one used here?

http://support.hamweather.com/dload.php

Or is this something different?

irisjet

Width

Post by irisjet »

Does anyone know the file that I can edit to adjust the width. My board is not 100% and it is streching my forum out and messing it up. Thanks to anyone that can help me out!! 8O

giantsv

can you help with this error?

Post by giantsv »

Could not query attachment information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'realftainfo_com_-_primary.phpbb_attachments_config' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_attachments_config
Line : 80
File : attachment_mod.php

I just finished with the install and I'm running template what is real, followed the directions to the letter but only put files into the subsilver folder. Maybe that is my problem/

irisjet

Post by irisjet »

Acyd Burn wrote:
Drakmarr wrote:Ok problem was resolved on this issue m3kon:

I was having the exact same problem but i managed to figure out the problem. The original problem lies in the viewtopic.php file, here is the problem area:
'U_MINI_POST' => $mini_post_url,
'U_POST_ID' => $postrow[$i]['post_id'])
); display_post_attachments($postrow[$i]['post_id'], $postrow[$i]['post_attachment']);
}
$template->pparse('body');

Please take note that there is a space in between )
; display_post_attachments

Eliminate that space it is a wretched space that will not let you see your post here is what it should look like:
'U_MINI_POST' => $mini_post_url,
'U_POST_ID' => $postrow[$i]['post_id'])
);display_post_attachments($postrow[$i]['post_id'], $postrow[$i]['post_attachment']);
}
$template->pparse('body');

I doubt this was the solution, because a whitespace or newline makes no difference here. Have you changed your viewtopic_body.tpl file too, or adjusted the Forum Permissions ? Tried to re-upload the viewtopic_attach_body.tpl file ?

I am having the same problem... I can upload to the PM and it shows up fine, but when I add an attachment to the post and click submit, the attachment does not show up. I have went over my files in the viewtopic.php and I have tried your suggestion. Any help?

AaronOwnsYou

Need help!

Post by AaronOwnsYou »

I have uploaded all the files to the respective loactions in "STEP NUMBER I" and now what should I do?

Belmat

Post by Belmat »

Hi... This sounds like a great mod, and I've been looking for an attachments mod for a while.

I have just one small problem... It's probably really simple, but I'm stuck.

When I post my attachment, I see this:

How can I change the background colour and text colour of that header?

MaryHaik

Post by MaryHaik »

Does anybody have a working forum with the attachment mod that doesn't require somebody to register. We have attachment mod working on our forums, but a user is having problems with it, and I want to send her to another phpbb with attachment mod to try it and see if it is a problem on her end or ours.

Thanks in advance,
Mary

CHwebby

Post by CHwebby »

I do and I don't. I have the attachment mod but you need to be a registered user. I do however have a test account she can log in as to check it out. I'll PM you the info.

CHwebby

Post by CHwebby »

What sort of problems is she running into?

Marcus^^

Post by Marcus^^ »

hi, i have a problem here. i have installed the mod already but when i attach a file either a zip or gif/jpg file ... it will give me an error .. eg Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/dl_ranks2_129.zip.

i dont know whats the problem .. anyone can help ?

CHwebby

Post by CHwebby »

did chmod your files folder to 777?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”