[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

Nautilus_Xtrem!!

Post by Nautilus_Xtrem!! » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:05 pm

Ok, don't feel like spending the next five years of my life looking through 195+ pages of posts so:
I have a small forums, too small to use the prune functions effectively. So when I want to delete a post, the user's cash goes down. I have fixed this problem, dealing with post counts, before by editing some files.

tm6tech

Re: Can this Mod do this?

Post by tm6tech » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:56 am

jojo wrote: I looked everywhere and couldn't find the answer so I'm asking it here.

Can I make this mod allow users to use their points to permanently gain access into special forum? For instance I create a forum that takes 50 of your points before you can get in. This would encourage people to make posts to the other forums before they can get into this one.

you can do that using zarath's shop mod. alternatively you could set up the forum so that only certain user ranks can access it, I think.

eskimo10

Post by eskimo10 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:47 am

PsYpEr wrote: eskimo10:
Just remove the parts in the viewtopic.tpl that relate to those links I believe they have {DONATE} or {EXCHANGE} etc

Err... the only thing in viewtopic_body.tpl that relates to the Cash Mod is {postrow.CASH}

eskimo10

Post by eskimo10 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:53 am

For those that use phpBB Fetch All, I made a module that will display the richest users from your forum. It only shows one currency though. If you're interested here's the link:

http://phpbbfetchall.sourceforge.net/ph ... php?t=2059

velorum

Post by velorum » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:05 am

velorum wrote: In forums that have the cash disabled, it shows the name of the currency in viewtopic, however it doesn't display that users currency amount.

For example

In a forum that has cash disabled it will show

Green Shards

in viewtopic

In a forum with currency enabled it will show in viewtopic

55 Green Shards

is this an error with my installation or is this a problem with the mod. If it is the mods doing is there a way that i can display the amount of money each person has on every forum regardless if the forum gives currency for posting or not.

Thanks for your help

Can anyone help me with this?

howdj

Mod Problems

Post by howdj » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:43 pm

Hi
I have installed the Extreme phpBB forum after using the standard phpBB, and I have a couple of questions about this mod:

What is the point of the cash mod / bank mod / lottery mod, the points sounds like some sort of reward scheme, whis fine, but then why the bank mod?

Is there a way I can remove the bank and lottery mods, I don't think they will be of much use to me?

Any sort of help or direction would be fantastic!

Thanks

howdj

Post by howdj » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:40 pm

I've had a bit of a play, and figured out the above questions, but I need to ask another:

Is there an easy way to determine membership of a group depending on the amount of currency one holds, or will this require an SQL query to select WHERE user_points>'$amount' ?

Volion

Post by Volion » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:14 pm

A user just found an exploit on my site, I don’t know if it’s been covered yet as I do not have the time to read though all 195 pages of this topic at the moment.

They were making huge posts with cut and paste to the quick reply, getting max payout for each post until they reached the spam filter number, then they would simply delete the topic or posts, and start over.

I guess once the topic or post is gone the spam filter gets reset and they can make another x amount of posts, is there any way to fix this?
Proud supporter of phpBB-RPG.com.

tm6tech

Post by tm6tech » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:05 am

someone did that on my forum once, so I set his points to -15000 and told him I'd ban him if he cheated again ;)

works like a charm

Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:07 am

Hehehe that's the kind of "fix" I use as well :twisted:
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.

miscworld

Post by miscworld » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:10 pm

Hi I'd love to have this mod on my forums, I've instaled it fine apart from I'm getting the "SQL Error : 1146 Table 'miscworl_xmb1.phpbb_cash' doesn't exist" Error

I looked at your trouble shooter and it says you can do it manually (which I would never be able to do in a million years, or use sql installer which comes suplied. Can you tell me how I can to this, cos I don't have a clue.

Thanks in Advance

PsYpEr

Post by PsYpEr » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:54 pm

miscworld wrote: Hi I'd love to have this mod on my forums, I've instaled it fine apart from I'm getting the "SQL Error : 1146 Table 'miscworl_xmb1.phpbb_cash' doesn't exist" Error

I looked at your trouble shooter and it says you can do it manually (which I would never be able to do in a million years, or use sql installer which comes suplied. Can you tell me how I can to this, cos I don't have a clue.

Thanks in Advance

you can upload the installer file onto your forum root directory and then access it (http://yoursite.com/phpbb/sql_install.php) or similar.
You can install it manually pretty easily - most hosts provide phpmyadmin which allows you to edit your sql databases - just go in there select the phpbb database and there will be a input field that you can copy and paste the sql text straight in and it will generate the database fields for you.

PsYpEr

Post by PsYpEr » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:01 pm

Q-Zar wrote: Hehehe that's the kind of "fix" I use as well :twisted:

its just one of those normal things you get on forums - theres only so much level you can incorporate into stopping people from abusing the fourms but you get the occasional person who wants to setup fake accounts - post abusive stuff - spam forums - or cheat on the money.

If people on YOUR forum is behaving badly by cheating then they are not the type of person you want on the site - there's a certain amount of faith you have to put in people who use your forum - they abuse that then they are out on their ear - simple as that! :D

eskimo10

Post by eskimo10 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:40 pm

eskimo10 wrote: How can I get rid of the "Exchange", "Donate" and "Modify user's cash" links that appear under a user's post info when viewing a topic? I would like to keep the amount of cash they have shown so the option in the ACP to turn off viewing cash amount in topics won't work for me because that would turn off the cash amounts too. I just want those three links removed.

OK I figured it out. If anyone else wants to remove those links open cash_viewtopic.tpl and remove the following lines:

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN cashlinks -->
<a href="{cashlinks.U_LINK}">{cashlinks.L_NAME}</a><br />
<!-- END cashlinks -->
That removes the links but leaves the cash display intact.

velorum

Post by velorum » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:23 pm

velorum wrote:
velorum wrote:In forums that have the cash disabled, it shows the name of the currency in viewtopic, however it doesn't display that users currency amount.

For example

In a forum that has cash disabled it will show

Green Shards

in viewtopic

In a forum with currency enabled it will show in viewtopic

55 Green Shards

is this an error with my installation or is this a problem with the mod. If it is the mods doing is there a way that i can display the amount of money each person has on every forum regardless if the forum gives currency for posting or not.

Thanks for your help

Can anyone help me with this?

PLease anyone?!? Geesh, is this an install problem...or does the mod naturally do this..and if so how can i fix it....

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”