[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

HCP

Re: Editting a post problem

Post by HCP »

HCP wrote: When I make a new topic or make a reply, I get the usual "You have earned 2 points for that post". But when I edit my posts, I get the message "You have earned for that post" (the # points part is missing) after clicking the Submit button. I have checked the MOD and I haven't noticed a setting for earning points when editting a post. Why does it do that and how do I remove that message?

Just an addition to my question, here's my settings for Cash MOD:

Amount of cash earned per new topic: 2
Amount of bonus cash earned per reply for topic author: 0
Amount of cash earned per reply: 2
Amount of cash earned per character: 0
Maximum amount of cash earned for posting: 2
Amount of cash earned per private message: 0

I'm not sure how the "Maximum amount of cash earned for posting" works.

One of my members made a new topic on my forum, and she got 2 points for that. Then I replied to her topic, and the message said I earned 2 points for my post. Then I looked at my profile and it said I had no points. I refreshed the page, and it still said I had no points. Then I made a reply to my previous post, and got the same message. Then it finally said that I had 2 points. Should I have 4 instead of 2 points?
Last edited by HCP on Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
obi325

Post by obi325 »

I have a problem with cash mod=>when I go to admin panel=>cahs admin it notifed my with this error

Code: Select all

functions_cash.php has not been included.

Please make sure you have properly installed Cash Mod, including all the necessary file edits as found in cm_install_22x.txt
What do now?
obi325

Post by obi325 »

HCP wrote: One of my members made a new topic on my forum, and she got 2 points for that. Then I replied to her topic, and the message said I earned 2 points for my post. Then I looked at my profile and it said I had no points. I refreshed the page, and it still said I had no points. Then I made a reply to my previous post, and got the same message. Then it finally said that I had 2 points. Should I have 4 instead of 2 points?

No becouse this is how much did you earn with this post not all of them(and you can't make more money than maximum amounth of cash earned for posting)
gmt2001

Post by gmt2001 »

HCP wrote:
HCP wrote:When I make a new topic or make a reply, I get the usual "You have earned 2 points for that post". But when I edit my posts, I get the message "You have earned for that post" (the # points part is missing) after clicking the Submit button. I have checked the MOD and I haven't noticed a setting for earning points when editting a post. Why does it do that and how do I remove that message?

Just an addition to my question, here's my settings for Cash MOD:

Amount of cash earned per new topic: 2
Amount of bonus cash earned per reply for topic author: 0
Amount of cash earned per reply: 2
Amount of cash earned per character: 0
Maximum amount of cash earned for posting: 2
Amount of cash earned per private message: 0

I'm not sure how the "Maximum amount of cash earned for posting" works.

One of my members made a new topic on my forum, and she got 2 points for that. Then I replied to her topic, and the message said I earned 2 points for my post. Then I looked at my profile and it said I had no points. I refreshed the page, and it still said I had no points. Then I made a reply to my previous post, and got the same message. Then it finally said that I had 2 points. Should I have 4 instead of 2 points?

Referring to the quote stating about editing the topic: You earn points for editing a topic based on the 'Points earned per character' setting ONLY.

Referring to the missing 2 points: that may have ben a glitch in the system or an error when trying to update your points in the MySQL database
gmt2001

Post by gmt2001 »

obi325 wrote: I have a problem with cash mod=>when I go to admin panel=>cahs admin it notifed my with this error

Please make sure you have properly installed Cash Mod, including all the necessary file edits as found in cm_install_22x.txt
What do now?

go thru the installation procedure again. you may have missed soemthing
sprtsstar4ever

Post by sprtsstar4ever »

^^I am getting the same error. I tried installing and re-installing everything three times and still doesn't work......
dyryk

Post by dyryk »

Hi .... I am wanting to install this mod but have hit a snag ...

while manually doing the edits to .... includes/functions_post.php

it asks that I find
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
$message = $lang['Stored']

the problem is that I can't find it .... anybody know what line it's on?

the closest thing I can find is on line 628 .... $message = $lang['Deleted']

PS ... I'm running 2.0.19

Thanks for any help you can offer
obi325

Post by obi325 »

gmt2001 wrote:
obi325 wrote:I have a problem with cash mod=>when I go to admin panel=>cahs admin it notifed my with this error

What do now?

go thru the installation procedure again. you may have missed soemthing

I tryed to instaled it several times but still doesn't working.
soimon

question

Post by soimon »

I have a question: I have installed to the cashmod, version 221, and give now the memberlist parse error, and if I go to the admin to cash admin, then there, however, tables but no texts appear! what do do I found oneself?
DarkGoku

Post by DarkGoku »

Nevermind... fixed.
LOLcayter

Post by LOLcayter »

I've been looking into this, but can't seem to fix it. Everything works fine, except one thing, the postrow cash. It won't show up. It shows up everywhere except the place I need it most. Any ideas? I'm at a loss.

<span class="postdetails">{postrow.POSTER_RANK}<br />{postrow.RANK_IMAGE}{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}<br /><br />{postrow.POSTER_JOINED}<br />{postrow.POSTER_POSTS}<br />{postrow.POSTER_FROM}<br />{postrow.CASH}</span>
That's the coded area in case you need it.
Perthina

Post by Perthina »

I post this back in July but have yet to get a response so I'll post again.
Perthina wrote: I have just recently installed the Cash Mod 2.2.2 and have had no problems with it what-so-ever, other then the currency not getting displayed in posts which are made on forums that point gaining has been turned off.
WayDowntownBang

Post by WayDowntownBang »

My apologies for reposting, but I'm afraid my question may have been pushed down 3 pages. Just a simple one. Thanks again!
If we're going from an older version of the board and upgrading, you lose all your mods, if I understand correctly. Is there a way to 'back up' the CASH MOD so the members don't lose all their earnings? I know it's here somewhere if someone could just point me in the right direction. Thanks!
WillRobot

Post by WillRobot »

WayDowntownBang wrote: If we're going from an older version of the board and upgrading, you lose all your mods, if I understand correctly. Is there a way to 'back up' the CASH MOD so the members don't lose all their earnings? I know it's here somewhere if someone could just point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Well in theory you can use the phpbb backup utility (on the admin panel) and manually add the cash tables to the backup.

A caveat there is that I have not yet been succesfull indoing this, I always end up with a backup file I can't use to restore. If you know mysql better than I do you may have better luck than I in finding the problem and updating the backup file so it can be used.

Which brings me to my next post...
WillRobot

Unuseable database backups

Post by WillRobot »

So In preperation to upgrading phpbb to 19 I was testing to make sure everything would go smoothly. I ran a backup of my database adding all the cash tables in manually, backup went well and the backup file was readable and looked good to my limited knowledge of mysql (no garbage or odd formatting).

When I tried restoring from this backup I recieved an error stating that there was bad syntax at line 1 near ' '

Hmm... so I poked at the file and everything looked fine to me, I removed all commented lines just in case there was some wierd parsing of those lines and I got the same result.

So I did another backup without the cash mod tables as a test, and restoration was succesful.

Unwilling to admit that I was probably just going to have to figure out how to manually backup and restore the database from within mysql I tried saving two backups, one that was structure only and one that was data only. When I tried to restore from the structure only database I recieved a "phpBB : Critical Error" which has killed the whole forum, I can't even get back into the admin panel to try restoring from the "good" file sans cash mod.

I am pretty much resigned to the fact that I am likely going to be starting from scratch yet again, reinstalling phpbb, then the cash mod, then experimenting with a completely different backup shema (outside phpbb's tools).

But, first I wanted to ask if anyone had any insight into what happened and any possible ways to avoid it in the future?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”