[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

Suetan

Post by Suetan »

Simple Subforums

That's the name of the MOD.

It's subSilver that I'm having the problems with. Not fisubsilvershadow.

All *.tpl fiels uploaded to /templates/subSilver

Still not helping.
annab

Post by annab »

How do I use the Cash Groups? I don't want the admin or the moderators earning points for posts (and it seems that way by default).

I went to Cash Groups > Edit (on the second column next to the column with the bar in it) > checked everything was 0 > hit Submit > "Cash Groups Updated Successfully"

But the admin is still earning points for posts.

Is there something I'm missing? Everything else in Cash Mod works as expected.

BTW, I am running phpBB 2.0.19 and the Cash Mod 2.2.3
Suetan

Post by Suetan »

Make sure that you have the member group made, and then try it again only put in the member group name for setting the permissions for that group.

Also make sure that you have the allowences addon installed. That'll give members of that group a certain amount of cash every time that time frame occurs.

It worked in mine.
ChickenHawk

Critical Error...FIND FAILED:

Post by ChickenHawk »

Error Detail

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/memberlist_body.tpl] could not find:

colspan="8"

MOD script line #499

???

It seems everything (Including MYSQL) installed fine...except this? i'm not good with php...sorry
DiD I do that?
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Anyone know why my shop effects store takes my user points and not my cash points? I had both cash and points ( user_cash & user_points ) for my board. but it was deducting user points instead of cash.

if I delete user_points and leave user_cash only, it still will not work ( you do not have enough cash error ). only seems to work with user_points. am i missing something here?
End of a Shadow
Name: J G

Post by End of a Shadow »

Peter77sx wrote: Anyone know why my shop effects store takes my user points and not my cash points? I had both cash and points ( user_cash & user_points ) for my board. but it was deducting user points instead of cash.

if I delete user_points and leave user_cash only, it still will not work ( you do not have enough cash error ). only seems to work with user_points. am i missing something here?

ShopMOD is built to be compadible with PointsMOD first, then CashMOD if you have 'user_points' as your points field name. PointsMOD default and only field is 'user_points', thus why it says if you want CashMOD compadible, you'll need to make that field as well.

Needless to say, if you really want ShopMOD to deduct "other" fields, then you'll have to open up the ShopMOD files and find all 'user_points' fields and rename them to your new field. Be warned that by doing so, buying items will also take into effect and not just the shop effects store.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

End of a Shadow, Thanks for the great idea on switching the user_ fields around. it helped me solve several other issues I was having with the Cashmod. now all my 'points' MOD's work nicley under one currency. problem solved... I appreciate the help.
-Pete
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

In the future, for inquiries relating how to make other MODs interact with Cash MOD, you will need to ask them at those MOD(s)' threads, rather than the Cash MOD's thread here, as this is for Cash MOD-specific support. ;-)
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
martinwisi

Post by martinwisi »

Hello

So i have installed the CashMod and it is working fine! 8)
My question is if it is possible to have something like a shop system.
So users get credit for posting and pocket money. And i want that they have to pay credit for downloading files or even better to gain access to the files, so that they don't have to pay again if they lost the file.
I recognized the Shop Mod but I'm not sure if this is what I'm searching for. Can you give me a hint? :D

Greez Martin
Suetan

Post by Suetan »

I'm not sure about that... I think they'd have to pay every time. That would mean putting cash MOD into PAfileDB in phpBB MOD.
Yjax

Post by Yjax »

I tried to install the Cash Mod with EasyMod, but I got an error message when I tried to install it. I use phpBB version 2.0.19. I'll post the error message soon.
groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

That is pretty descriptive, how would we possibly troubleshoot that without knowing what the error is?
Yjax

Post by Yjax »

:oops:

Here is the error message:

Code: Select all

Critical Error

COPY FAILED: The target file to be copied [./mods/cashmod/admin/[b]admin_cash.php[/b]] could not be found.
copy admin/admin_cash.php to admin/admin_cash.php
MOD script line #96 :: FAQ :: Report
This error message is showed many times, but the text I made in bold, is changed in every error message.
I think it is because I don't have an /mods/cashmod/admin folder, I only have /mods/cashmod/ but I'm not sure.
groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

You are trying to ftp from your install to your server correct?
Yjax

Post by Yjax »

Yes, I just unzip the files of the cashmod, and put them all into the cashmod folder.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”