[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

Well that is part of it, now you have to upload them to your server per the install directions.
Yjax

Post by Yjax »

I don't know anything about this... what are the install directions?
groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

Yjax wrote: I don't know anything about this... what are the install directions?

they are in the zip file you downloaded usually a .txt file there is a lot you must do to get this mod working. Start here How to install mods
Yjax

Post by Yjax »

they are in the zip file you downloaded usually a .txt file there is a lot you must do to get this mod working. Start here How to install mods

I thought EasyMod did that
:?
Suetan

Post by Suetan »

EasyMOD does do that, but you have to know how to work with EM first. MODs are really easy to install manually, it's all search, copy & paste (CTRL+F, CRTL+C, CTRL+V). I do my MODs manually because I'm usually working with multiple MODs that change a lot of the codes, and I have to compensate for the changes.
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

EasyMOD is an automatic MOD installer; it is an option for those who do not want to install MODs manually. For those who do, we of course offer the normal MOD installation file: using EasyMOD to install MODs is merely an option.

As stated before, try the link groundfighter provided for more info on how to install MODs. ;-)

Note that EasyMOD support will have to be sought at the EasyMOD forums at area51, though currently, they seem to be down; the EasyMOD thread is in this forum...
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
TennesseeGuy

Post by TennesseeGuy »

Does anyone know if a steal addon has been developed for this mod? Although I am not very familiar with php, in ASP i did write a simple addon mod to the snitz points mod that allowed user to steal points from one another. The probability of success was set to about 10 percent I believe and if successful they stole the required amount of points and their totals increased. If they were caught then the points were taken from that user and redistributed to the person being attacked. Does such an addon exist for the cash mod? Thanks all.
DD Karting
DoUbLe DaRe Ya!
groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

You should suggest that in the mod suggestion forum, that would be a hoot to see a mod like that. 8)
ricvol

Post by ricvol »

I have just installed the cash mod, but i get this error when im in the adminpage: functions_cash.php has not been included.

The file IS on my webserver, so its there, but still will not work. The install was ok. Im using v 223 of cash mod. How can i fix it?

Im using phpBB 2.0.19.
Trel

Post by Trel »

edit: i've fixed my problem, some how I added something above instead of below :)
Yjax

Post by Yjax »

I've succesfully installed Cashmod, only the cashmod help and cashmod admin are in a weird language, here are some examplesof text:

Configuração do Cash MOD

O formulário abaixo irá permitir-lhe selecionar as configurações do Cash MOD

Exibir Ganhos na página de confirmação de Envio/Resposta

What's wrong?
defender39

Post by defender39 »

500 damn pages and not a search thread feature in phpbb sucks!

Anyways I have this mod installed with shop but I want to know if I can sell points via paypal.

Thank you.
dcz

Post by dcz »

defender39 wrote: 500 damn pages and not a search thread feature in phpbb sucks!

Anyways I have this mod installed with shop but I want to know if I can sell points via paypal.

Thank you.

I bet you did not read the 500 pages for that ;)
The answers is nop, unless you code it ;)
Anyway, if I where you, I would not use the cash mod in relation with real money, as it's a lot easyer to trick this mod than payapal ;)

++

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS
drb

Post by drb »

I would appreciate if somebody could clarify the following:

1. Is this MOD compatible with 2019 phpbb and catergories hierarchy 214/attachment MOD?
2. Can the cash points be allotted only to specific forums and not universal? Like cash points for posting only in a particular subforum and not in other forums.
3. Can some forums(sub-forums) have only 1/2 points or something less than other forums?
4. I guess once redeemed, cash points can be nullified by the administrator for a user. Right? And so does the administrator has total control over cash points of others like subtraction, addition etc?

Please let me know as soon as possible.
Appreciate it.

Thanks,

drb
ndonezn

Post by ndonezn »

cool mod...

i had a couple of questions regarding some of the functions of cashmod

1. i created cash events...but how does it eventually work, ie. i want to award more points for certain things on the board...the only way i saw to do this was through cash events...but now i do not know how to make the mod recognize those events

2. what are the img parameters and should the location be something like
my forum/images/money.jpg

i know they are pretty standard questions...i just haven.t found any detailed documentation regarding these two items

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”