[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

the_evil_one

Post by the_evil_one »

mine dont work again now :cry: grrr why they make things so hard lol. Wen i said i installed i then found that it wouldnt let me edit posts no more and there fore had to uninstall it lol
girliegirl30

Post by girliegirl30 »

Once it's downloaded how do put it into my forum. I'm computer illterate.
uksimon

HELP

Post by uksimon »

Ok ive tried this severak time now and i still cant get it to work, I edit all the files and upload all the files as stated in the documentation but when you try to load a web page your get error messages in theheader and then it redirects you to a page that doesnt exist[/img]
redwolfb

Post by redwolfb »

omg i just installed it with easy mod (it said its easy mod compatable but nope!) and im getting tons of errors everywhere.

First when i tried opening the sql_install.php i got this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in /var/www/vhosts/snoopfm.co.uk/httpdocs/sql_install.php on line 33
but i thought no problem, il do it manually so i did.
But when i try to access admin panel it says:

General Error 
Error retrieving Cash Mod data

Please make sure that you have run sql_install.php from your browser.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'forum.phpbb_forumcash' doesn't exist

Line : 663
File : SELECT * FROM phpbb_forumcash ORDER BY cash_order ASC

I try to reply/post topic/view topic and i get this:

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME FAST!
redwolfb

Post by redwolfb »

ok i noticed that in the notepad file that came with easymod said create table phpbb_cash the error was couldnt find table phpbb_forumcash. Problem was fixed when i made a new table called phpbb_forumcash but this means i have to create all the tables _forum for it to work properly.

Whys this?
Yashiza

Post by Yashiza »

Hey, if I like to unistall the mod what should I do?
girliegirl30

Post by girliegirl30 »

With the cash mod, how do I keep track of the users earnings?
djluki

Post by djluki »

ok im haivng this problem... when i go to the forum control panel, and i click on CASH ADMIN, it's giving me this message, functions_cash.php has not been included. Please make sure you have properly installed Cash Mod, including all the necessary file edits as found in cm_install_22x.txt

well im looking in the include folder, and that file functions_cash.php is there and it's not installed manually so i used the install thing that came with it, so everything is in the right place. waht's wrong with that? do i have to edit something?
cubechris

Post by cubechris »

I want to use this as a points system, in which only mods and admins can award points, and the users cannot edit there balance via donating or such, I would also like my users to be able to but items for example, a custom title in a shop.

Is this possible. (These permissions) with this mod?
djluki

Post by djluki »

the suposrt for this mod sux! and whoever made it also did not do a very good job either, so many freakin errors in there, most of them are the same after reading 3 or 4 pages and you get no support.
CobraCards

Post by CobraCards »

A couple errors I've discovered:

1) There's a conflict with donations and flood control. I'm guess the code deals first with the cash transaction, then with the PM, because if you get the "You cannot make another post so soon..." message while donating, your donation goes through anyway. This I can probably fix. 8)

2) Deleting individual posts has the proper effect of reducing the user's cash, but deleting entire topics does not. Correcting this is beyond me... anyone else know how?
CobraCards

Post by CobraCards »

Also, I can't get cash info to show up in profiles at all. Anyone else have that problem?
Jayso

Post by Jayso »

CobraCards wrote: Also, I can't get cash info to show up in profiles at all. Anyone else have that problem?

yeah.. i think it's about 5 pages back now...

However i had an error for mine - whether or not you have an error or you just didn't do something right is another question

If no error (or even with i guess), Just check you've done the right modifications in usercp_profile.php and profile.php (not sure if you changed that one... i think you do)
Jayso
Arglwydd

Post by Arglwydd »

CobraCards, with the flood control problem, my only suggestion would be to try lowering the Flood Interval in the Configuration setting of the ACP. That would be the low-tech option. As for cash not appearing in people's profiles, I wasn't aware that this MOD is even actually supposed to do that. Do you mean Post Profiles? Because I'm pretty sure that a profile is what you get when you click on someone's name, and a post profile is just where their display picture and certain details are displayed beside their post. In other words, unless my version of this MOD is out of date, I'm pretty sure it's not actually supposed to display people's cash in their profiles.

And Jayso, I just checked and you do edit profile.php and usercp_viewprofile.php

cubechris, once you have installed the Cash MOD, go into the Cash Settings and there is an option; 'Allow users to donate money to other users'. Simply tick the box besides 'No' and you have the first part of what you want. As for a shop where they can buy custom titles, for that you'll need to first install this Cash MOD and then install one of the MODs that runs off it. I'm sure there are Shop MODs available, though I don't know of any specifically as I've never used them. Sorry.

djluki, I wouldn't say that Cash MOD sucks; it's a very well-established MOD; one of the few MODs I've encountered that display as EasyMod Compliant, and it's usually error free if all installed properly. Okay, these are the only suggestions I can give you since I'm not a master at phpBB or anything: First of all, make sure functions_cash.php is installed in the right folder. You said it was in the functions folder so I'll assume it is. Secondly, make sure that this file still has the original filename, and remember that it is case sensitive, so the title should have no capital letters! It should look exactly as it did before you uploaded it. If both of these things have been done, then I suggest you try uploading the file again.
MythicalRealmRPG.net! A roleplaying site for adult writers!
LCNA - A mafia-themed text-based roleplaying game for all ages!
Arglwydd

Post by Arglwydd »

Baltimorea wrote: I want cash mod to only work on couple of forums, but why doesn't the amount of points show up on all forums and topic? I mean, I want the amount show up on all forums, how to do that?

The amount of Cash a user has will only show up in the forums where Cash MOD earnings are enabled. To change this you would probably have to edit the Cash MOD coding itself, which is beyond my abilities, so you'll have to wait for someone more knowledgable than me to come along if this is something you badly want to do.
MythicalRealmRPG.net! A roleplaying site for adult writers!
LCNA - A mafia-themed text-based roleplaying game for all ages!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”