[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

Chobby

Re: [2.0.18] Cash Mod

Post by Chobby » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:31 am

Okay, so i got it installed correct and all that with subSilver as theme/style..

Now, what do i do if i want to make it work in another theme as well? It gives me this error:

Code: Select all

Template->make_filename(): Error - file cash_viewtopic.tpl does not exist
Do i simply copy this cash_viewtopic file into the new templates folder?

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:37 am

Read the instructions in the cm_install.txt.
Anything that is done to subSilver, has to be done to your other template as well -- all of the copies and all of the edits.

Chobby

Post by Chobby » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:47 am

Yes, so i'm asking you, if all i got to do is copy the following files, as said in the following (of course just replacing subSilver with my new style)?

Code: Select all

copy templates/subSilver/cash_donate.tpl           to templates/subSilver/cash_donate.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/cash_exchange.tpl         to templates/subSilver/cash_exchange.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/cash_modedit.tpl          to templates/subSilver/cash_modedit.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/cash_viewprofile.tpl      to templates/subSilver/cash_viewprofile.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/cash_viewtopic.tpl        to templates/subSilver/cash_viewtopic.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_config.tpl     to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_config.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_currencies.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_currencies.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_event.tpl      to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_event.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_events.tpl     to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_events.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_exchange.tpl   to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_exchange.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_forum.tpl      to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_forum.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_group.tpl      to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_group.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_groups.tpl     to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_groups.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_help.tpl       to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_help.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_log.tpl        to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_log.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_menu.tpl       to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_menu.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_navbar.tpl     to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_navbar.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_reset.tpl      to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_reset.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_resetting.tpl  to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_resetting.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/cash_settings.tpl   to templates/subSilver/admin/cash_settings.tpl

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:54 am

Brf wrote: and all of the edits.
As I already said, you also have to do the edits to these files for your template too:
## Files To Edit:
## templates/subSilver/memberlist_body.tpl
## templates/subSilver/profile_view_body.tpl
## templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl

Lord Raiden

Post by Lord Raiden » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:10 am

Brf wrote:No. But you can set the reward to zero as a default, and then use group awards instead... put all the ones who want to play in a group that receives cash.
So if I put them in a group, and one person posts, do all the members get rewarded, or just the person posting?

And how do you put these people that want to participate in a group?
Steve Lake
-Owner/Admin/Author of:
-Raiden's Realm - Bringing Linux to the World

Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:00 pm

Usergroups are one of the most powerful assets of phpBB. You should familiarize yourself with them as soon as possible.

To answer your above question, when a user in the right group posts, only that user will earn cash. To find out how to use your UGs, see:

http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentat ... section3_3
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Lord Raiden wrote:So if I put them in a group, and one person posts, do all the members get rewarded, or just the person posting?

And how do you put these people that want to participate in a group?
Just the person posting of course.
Create a group in your ACP and then add people to that group from User Groups on your regular Index menu.

Set how much to reward that group by clicking the "Edit" button for that group in Cash Admin -- Cash Groups.

Lord Raiden

Post by Lord Raiden » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 pm

Ok, cool. Thanks. One more question.

Where in the mod is the text "You earned (## cash/points/whatever) for this post" located? I noticed that if no points is earned, like on an edit or something, it comes up with "You earned for this post" and that looks dorky. I want to be able to go in, find where it's generating that and fix it so that if the value is zero or null, it doesn't show that line.
Steve Lake
-Owner/Admin/Author of:

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:58 pm

If you do a search for
You earned for this post
you will find a patch a few pages back.

CrabApple

Post by CrabApple » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:50 pm

Can I track where the cash points are going? Like, say User A donates money to User B, would this be recorded?

prophetUK

Post by prophetUK » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:55 pm

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help, I have the cash mod installed and wondered if there's a way to hide certain currencies from view on both profiles and memberlists BUT at the same time allow the specific user to look at his/her own totals for that currency?

Now, I know there are three options from hiding info inc. on the memberlist so that works fine. BUT, the user cannot view their own totals when they edit their profile. User control panel, which I keep hearing about, doesn't seem to exist anywhere...afaik....:S There's only the edit profile option and currencies are not listed there.

PHPBB is version 2.0.22
Cashmod is 223 (?)

TraXy

Post by TraXy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:46 am

Cheers for this excellent mod, we've been using it in the forum for a while now. :)

EDIT: Question retracted as I found the answer in the phpbb3 Mods in development forum. Seems like work IS underway to make a CashMod for phpbb3, so yay!
Last edited by TraXy on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nekaid

Post by Nekaid » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:19 pm

Just wondering...since 4 years have gone by already....where is the allowances add-on? >.>

Lord Raiden

Post by Lord Raiden » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:29 pm

crabapple: It's in your logs. Go into your admincp under the cash admin and click on admin logs.
Steve Lake
-Owner/Admin/Author of:

m3lt79

Post by m3lt79 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:43 am

Not sure if this mod can do this...

When an user attaches a file, in a post, they receive points towards downloads in other posts.

I have searched several ways and it keeps pointing me here.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”