[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

Alias2345

Post by Alias2345 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:21 am

do i have to reinstall it cuz that was too long for me and my easy mod is not working becuz it didn't pass step4 and easymod team is not helping me

oh and nice av :)
http://www.rap-legends.com
Home Of The Illest Emcees.........

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:25 am

do you have any other template-related mods installed?
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod

Alias2345

Post by Alias2345 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:35 am

let see i only got the portal mod and the refferal mod

and the portal mod got a template changer

quick reply t oo
Last edited by Alias2345 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:40 am

Alias2345 wrote: and the portal mod got a template changer

.. which is what i was asking in the first place.

Do you think you could direct me to where you got the portal mod (ie, specific link to where i can find information and/or download it... but not the download link itself)
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

Alias2345

Post by Alias2345 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:44 am

it was smartor's portal

http://smartor.is-root.com/

Alias2345

Post by Alias2345 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:52 am

anything??

kwiateek

Post by kwiateek » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:54 am

I do not know if this bug is fixed. J found an error in function cash_pm() in global section (functions_cash.php v 2.1.1.0, line: 394 ):

Code: Select all

global $db, $board_config, $userdata, $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx, $html_entities_match, $html_entities_replace;
You have missed the $lang variable.

Greetz.

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:06 am

kwiateek wrote: I do not know if this bug is fixed. J found an error in function cash_pm() in global section (functions_cash.php v 2.1.1.0, line: 394 ):

global $db, $board_config, $userdata, $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx, $html_entities_match, $html_entities_replace;
You have missed the $lang variable.

Greetz.

Yes, i made a note of this, here
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:09 am

Alias2345 wrote: it was smartor's portal

http://smartor.is-root.com/

Sorry, i had to step out for the evening.

Do you think you could post a specific link to the mod in question? the one i found didn't seem to have any template changes.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

TimeVirus

Post by TimeVirus » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:30 am

Sorry if this was brought up before, but when using the Admin Userlist mod to access members profiles, none of the cash information is in that profile. Minor issue for sure, but maybe it would be easy to add to future versions so I mention it.

While I'm just chatting, another feature that would be nice is an optional cash log that all board members could see as well as the admin.

Edit: nm about profile, I could have sworn those links were still in this version. Unless my adding Extreme Styles mod today made them go away.
I'm probably wrong again...

TimeVirus

Post by TimeVirus » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:15 am

Yes indeed the eXtreme Styles Mod is what made the links go away in peoples profiles. Is there anything that I can do about this to get them to work together better? Or do I have to give up the eXtreme sTyles mod?

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:58 am

TimeVirus wrote: Yes indeed the eXtreme Styles Mod is what made the links go away in peoples profiles. Is there anything that I can do about this to get them to work together better? Or do I have to give up the eXtreme sTyles mod?

:-( i'd love to dedicate the time to make Cash Mod compatible with all other mods. Unfortunately this is not something i can really do. I made some decisions for 2.2.1, regarding templates, to make it easier to install for new modders, and people who use styles other than subSilver, just to cut down on the sheer amount of user-created errors. These decisions involved a few things involving the template, since i needed some functionality that phpbb doesn't have built in. Perhaps this makes it incompatible with the eXtreme Styles Mod. If so, i'm sorry, but there isn't much i'm willing to do about it if it means i have 10-20 more users per month wanting help with Cash Mod because it doesn't work on their custom style.

Sorry :-(

While it may not be the best alternative, some people have reported positive results running Cash Mod with the contrib/ database template caching (although not the file template caching)

You may want to look into that.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

TimeVirus

Post by TimeVirus » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:11 am

No problem, Xore, your mod is absolutely amazing in scope, as is the depth of your support. :D I see your point and was just hoping it had been solved deep within this thread somewhere before.

So far thats the only thing I've seen it affect (money links in profile), and it could be lived with if one wanted to. I may since I cant hide/move the donate link yet, so there is a route for people to donate anyways. The Extreme Styles mods gives such a nice performance boost, I might make the compromise and leave it in.

I'll look into learning about that caching suggestion and report if I have any luck. I don't have a clue what you mean so it may take a while. ;)

pisanq

Post by pisanq » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:09 pm

I just upgraded from 2.02 to the latest, upgrade when fine through Easymod, but now I get the following error in my admin panel (left pane), so I can't do anything anymore :cry:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare qs() in /home/sites/site76/web/forum/includes/functions_cash.php on line 126
Anyone any idea? :oops:

pisanq

Post by pisanq » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:26 pm

pisanq wrote: I just upgraded from 2.02 to the latest, upgrade when fine through Easymod, but now I get the following error in my admin panel (left pane), so I can't do anything anymore :cry:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare qs() in /home/sites/site76/web/forum/includes/functions_cash.php on line 126
Anyone any idea? :oops:

Never mind fixed it already, easymod didn't delete the files you were supposed to delete :roll:

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”