[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

Rascagua

Post by Rascagua »

what is the error? or what should I correct?

thank you for your time btw.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Rascagua wrote: what is the error? or what should I correct?

thank you for your time btw.

How would I know? Review the instructions for the mod you installed for MSN.
Burn

Post by Burn »

Is there any demo board I could checkout to see what that mod will look like?

Can it be used to give a user cash without losing cash from your own total?

Basically I'd want a way for my members to give props to someone who helps, but without losing their own count everytime they give props.. is that the right mod?

Thanks!
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

The Admin can edit a member's cash, to award without losing any of his own. There is also a setting to allow Moderators to edit cash, but I have never used it.

You will not want regular users to edit cash, otherwise they will be editing their own up to 1-million every day.

You can check my board. I am awarding cash for posting in most boards. There is also the wGEric store system in place, for buying and selling pictures of things, or changing your Name-display style.
MasterHand

Post by MasterHand »

And then if there a admin, they can take away anyones cash.
One more thing....No support via PM!
Deaths Door
I've Been Banned!

Post by Deaths Door »

This is weird...I tried to use EasyMOD and got this:

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [posting.php] could not find:

$select_sql = ( !$submit ) ? ", t.topic_title, p.enable_bbcode, p.enable_html, p.enable_smilies, p.enable_sig, p.post_username, pt.post_subject, pt.post_text, pt.bbcode_uid, u.username, u.user_id, u.user_sig" : '';
Burn

Post by Burn »

Brf wrote: The Admin can edit a member's cash, to award without losing any of his own. There is also a setting to allow Moderators to edit cash, but I have never used it.

You will not want regular users to edit cash, otherwise they will be editing their own up to 1-million every day.

You can check my board. I am awarding cash for posting in most boards. There is also the wGEric store system in place, for buying and selling pictures of things, or changing your Name-display style.

Thanks for the reply. I visited your board. So all I saw was that under each user's avatar, you display a number of 'JJBucks'. Good.

What I want to do is allow users who ask a question in a thread the possibility to award some cash to the user who replies, as a thank you. That way users who answer a lot of questions get a lot of cash (And I would rather call it 'Karma points' than cash). Hopefully in the long run those users become more respected, and it entices everybody to answer a lot of questions...

EDIT: I looked at the Cash mod features again, and saw "Let your users donate cash to other users". When a user donates Cash, is that cash taken out of his cash total? Is there a setting to donate from an 'infinite virtual pool' without losing any of your own cash?

For example, let's say I have 143 karma points because I've helped a few people here on phpbb.com. Now I want to give Brf 10 Karma points for his generous reply, and MasterHand 2 points for his additional comment. My guess is with Cash mod I end up with 143-10-2=131 points. I'd like, however, to keep my 143 points.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

If a user donates, it is subtracted from his cash. The Admin, like I said, can "edit" a user's cash, and so award them without deleting his own.

it would be pretty much worthless to allow users to donate from an infinite fund... otherwise they would be awarding 1-million each time....
Burn

Post by Burn »

I see. I was thinking of giving them a limit. Like you can give only between $1 and $10, and only once per post, or per thread. So you're only rewarding individual posts.

You see what I mean? I guess that's not the mod I'm looking for then.

Is there another mod allowing you to "rate" a user, or a post, or a topic?
sanya18

Post by sanya18 »

Deaths Door wrote: This is weird...I tried to use EasyMOD and got this:

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [posting.php] could not find:

$select_sql = ( !$submit ) ? ", t.topic_title, p.enable_bbcode, p.enable_html, p.enable_smilies, p.enable_sig, p.post_username, pt.post_subject, pt.post_text, pt.bbcode_uid, u.username, u.user_id, u.user_sig" : '';

Solution 1.
Do it by hand not by easyMod

Solution 2: open posting.php, find the "$select_sql = ..." row. Copy the WHOLE row. open cm_install_223a.txt, find the block:

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
		$select_sql = (!$submit) ? ', t.topic_title, p.enable_bbcode, p.enable_html, p.enable_smilies, p.enable_sig, p.post_username, pt.post_subject, pt.post_text, pt.bbcode_uid, u.username, u.user_id, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid' : '';
# 
and paste and replace the "$select_sql = ..." row and save. try again with easymod. voila :)
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Burn wrote: I see. I was thinking of giving them a limit. Like you can give only between $1 and $10, and only once per post, or per thread. So you're only rewarding individual posts.

You see what I mean? I guess that's not the mod I'm looking for then.

Is there another mod allowing you to "rate" a user, or a post, or a topic?

Donating isnt per post, so no, it isnt what you are looking for. There should be several "Topic Points" mods out there.

Try this one:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... ght=points
Burn

Post by Burn »

Thanks, that's a great one and I might install it. But what I really want is to give a USER points. So I can then have the top 10 list of the most helpful users for example...
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Well... Drathbun also suggests one of the Karma Mods for rating users, rather than topics....

A search for "karma" here yields a handful of abandoned mods. You might have to search on phpbbhacks.com for one...
ricky92

Post by ricky92 »

I have another problem... when I post something, I get this error message:

Warning: Missing argument 9 for update_post() in /membri/neosiders/phpBB2/includes/classes_cash.php on line 461
the line 461 is:

function update_post($mode, &$post_data, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_uid, $post_username, &$post_message)
Can some1 help me? Thx
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

cm_install_223.txt has this instruction:

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
#
includes/functions_post.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
	$meta = '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3;url=' . append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_POST_URL . "=" . $post_id) . '#' . $post_id . '">';

# 
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
#
	$cash_message = $GLOBALS['cm_posting']->update_post($mode, $post_data, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_uid, $post_username, $post_message);
If you inserted that line correctly, it would have the 9 arguments.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”