[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [2.0.18] Cash Mod

Post by Brf »

If you are awarding per character, then each post will award a different amount.
Otherwise, you might have set up some rules in Cash Groups, where different groups are getting different amounts.
moselekm

Post by moselekm »

Not sure which mod is the problem, so I will post this in both forums:

I have Zarath's Shop Mod and this Cash Mod, but updated to the max.

However They don't communicate. The cash/currency made in the Cash Mod doesn't work with Zarath's Shop Mod.
Anyone know why? (I went as far as to trying to manipulate the TPL Variable names, no luck)
dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Post by dellsystem »

Change the currency's field name to user_points.
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)
Sethernis

Post by Sethernis »

EDIT: Fixed it!
TheGreatJarl

Post by TheGreatJarl »

Alright, I probably messed up bigtime somewhere, 'cause I can't seem to get ANYTHING to work. When trying to access the cash mod ACP I get this message:
Fatal error: Call to a member function sql_query() on a non-object in E:\vhost\twinlightisles.com\httpdocs\forum\includes\functions_cash.php on line 659
When trying to access a profile page I get:
Fatal error: Call to a member function post_vars() on a non-object in E:\vhost\twinlightisles.com\httpdocs\forum\includes\usercp_viewprofile.php on line 255
When trying to access the memberlist I get:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in E:\vhost\twinlightisles.com\httpdocs\forum\memberlist.php on line 166
I am trying to run through the installation again to see if I missed something, but I don't understand the SQL issue - I ran the automatic SQL installer first thing after I uploaded the initial files (before doing any of the preexsisting file modifications, and I even ran them by hand after getting this error to ensure everything was in order. Can anyone with their expertise identify where the problem lies - I assume I either put something the wrong place or forgot to add something, but if it's a known or identifiable problem I'd appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You have made the edit in common.php to the wrong place.
TheGreatJarl

Post by TheGreatJarl »

Ah, thanks! I realized that I had (stupidly) forgotten to upload the modded common.php file. The other two issues I handled, too, so it's working now. Thanks for the support. :3
TheGreatJarl

Post by TheGreatJarl »

I feel horribly stupid for asking this so soon after saying "it's all working now", but I guess I forgot to test it thoroughly.. or.. at all.

See, my problem is that.. well, whenever I try to load cash.php it shows an empty "information" box. I can't edit a user's points (I've made sure that option is on, it's still not working) and, while this may have been a costum piece of code, I used to have, on a former board, a field in which I could edit a user's points on the same screen I could edit anything else about their account. Furthermore, donating to others doesn't work. I've tested it with ADR, it works with that and works fine for granting points.. so did I mess up or did I miss something?

I'll gladly provide more information if it can help. Thanks in advance,
Jarl

EDIT:
I figured out.. a lot. I think actually everything works now. Some things were just missing, like the {cashlinks.L_NAME} information. So I replaced those with some regular old text, and now it works.
Descentes

Post by Descentes »

HELP!

I installed everything step by step manualy on DS phpBB (version of phpbb with some modifications for external forums Tribal Wars game) and when I trying to get on my forum I see white page! Everything dissapeared! I can't even get to APC... ;( Before I start installing it I turned off polish language and change style from prostamme (style based on prosilver) to prosilver... Where I made a mistake? :( Help me! I didn't do any copy of files before installing (I'm so stupid...)

And I really need this mod...
dellsystem
Former Team Member

Post by dellsystem »

Prosilver? This is a 2.0x MOD. How did you even install it? :shock: Are you sure this is the one you used?

See if you can undo the edits you made. If not, you may have to resort to replacing your files with stock files and redoing any other external edits you made.
Descentes

Post by Descentes »

Normally... It was DSphpBB2.1 forum. During the installation I found all lines which I had to find in code to change or rename... so... what? This cash mod isn't for my version of phpBB??

Now I'm thinking about that it might be 2.1 version of template and forum was 3.0 ;/
Are there any cash modes for latest 3.0 phpBB forum? If no, could someone give me link to similar mode which will works on 3.0 version?

Thanks anyway.
TheGreatJarl

Post by TheGreatJarl »

*ahem*
Alright, so this is embarrassing, but I am at my wit's end.
The cash mod is working like a charm, except for one very strange bug for which I cannot find a solution.
Y'see, whenever someone donates or edits a user's cash the PM that is send is with a blank subject line, meaning that people cannot access them. I've tried looking into the cash.php file, and I found where it sends the message, but everything it uses is contained within the lang file, and I've made sure the strings exsist and are not empty. I've even tried to change the code

Code: Select all

$privmsg_subject = sprintf($lang['Donation_recieved'],$userdata['username']);
to

Code: Select all

$privmsg_subject = sprintf('blablabla');
yet nothing shows up in the subject line at all. Obviously the PM script isn't broken, it sends the messages fine, only they have no subject line and thus cannot be accessed.

I've tried overwriting the files with crisp, new vanilla files, yet nothing changes. I've tried looking through the functions_cash.php and haven't found anything there either. In truth, I don't care about having all sorts of fancy "user X donated cash Y to you" text, I just want -something- to show up, but no matter what I try nothing works. For the record, I'm pretty sure I'm using CM v223, and phpBB 2.0.9. If anyone could help me get some kind of message showing I'd appreciate it.

-Jarl
dellsystem
Former Team Member

Post by dellsystem »

:shock: Are you sure about the 2.0.9 bit? That's a *very* old version (more than 4 years). If so, please at least upgrade to 2.0.23; this MOD was made for 2.0.18, so that might fix the problem.
Also note that v2 will be retiring in a few months, so it's recommended that you upgrade to v3.
weedguru_animal

Post by weedguru_animal »

I just installed the SHOP MOD 3.1 to my phpbb2 forum. I ran the sql install command, and all seemed OK. The Shop Icon appears at the top of the forums, but not the word SHOP. And when I try to enter the SHOP i get this:>
Unable to get cash info

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'a.cash_id' in 'field list'

SELECT DISTINCT a.cash_id, c.cash_dbfield, c.cash_name FROM weedguru_shopitems a LEFT JOIN weedguru_cash c ON a.cash_id = c.cash_id, weedguru_shops b WHERE a.shop = b.shopname AND b.shoptype <> 'admin_only'

Line : 29
File : shop_functions.php

Also...The Cash Admin section of the admin panel still works, but the writing for the various changeable settings has become invisible..
can anyone help please*** I am running the latest version of phpb2
cheers
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

This is support for Cash Mod, not Shop Mod.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”