[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

hillbillyworm

Post by hillbillyworm »

Can this be used with cash MOD?
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

seriously, what the hell does it take for me to get people to read stuff that answers the questions that they have?

I've set out so many fucking faqs, READMEs, documentation, and answered questions so many times in this thread. It seriously can't be as hard as people seem to make me believe it is. How hard is it to actually look around for a minimum of 2 minutes to see if an answer has been produced literally over a hundred times across 2 boards that i know of, possibly more, in the download zip, documentation, README. You almost can't download this mod anymore without it staring you right in the face.

What does it take to get information to people so they stop asking me the same questions over and over again?

I don't mean to flip out, i've just tried all avenues. I'm at a loss here. Can someone please help me find some other amazing way of getting data out to people? should i put a file called

Code: Select all

THIS_MOD_WORKS_WITH_ITEM_SHOP.txt
in the download distribution?

IF_YOU_HAVE_A_PROBLEM_READ_THE_TROUBLESHOOTING.txt

ADMIN->CASH_HELP.txt
please? can someone help me?

8O
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
The Dover Demon

Post by The Dover Demon »

Well I think that's a lot of work and I don't have the time right now. I realize you might not have the time but what if I send you my bank.php file and see if you can figure out which part is causing problems?

Thank you very much for your help though, there are few mod authors out there willing to dedicate so much help and support to users at not charge.
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

drumstix42 wrote: Go back one page in this topic for fixing Information box thing. Unless it's a different problem I had, it should fix it just fine.

I already did that, it didn't work :cry:

don't know if it makes a difference, but you mentionned a problem after trying an exchange, I have it when posting messages :?
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
kwiateek

Post by kwiateek »

I have got some forums on my board which has got Cash Mod Disabled. On forums with Cash Mod enabled in viewtopic panel under the user avatar I have got:
Currency_name + Currency_value
And on forums with Cash Mod disabled in viewtopic panel under the user avatar I have got:
Currency_name
Why Currency_value is not showed in viewtopic panel on forums with disabled Cash Mod?
Is it a BUG?

Thanks for help.
Cheers.
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

Q-Zar wrote:
drumstix42 wrote:
Go back one page in this topic for fixing Information box thing. Unless it's a different problem I had, it should fix it just fine.

I already did that, it didn't work :cry:

don't know if it makes a difference, but you mentionned a problem after trying an exchange, I have it when posting messages :?

Possibly when you updated your posting.php you may have made a mistake.

Specifically, the best way to track down errors of this nature, is to look for message_die's that utilize $lang error messages, especially in functions where the $lang variable hasn't been globalized (this may be a cash mod error, since that's one of the minor bugs i'm fixing in teh next release, (the $lang thing) but it should only be caused if the posting.php hasn't been adequately modified.)
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

kwiateek wrote: I have got some forums on my board which has got Cash Mod Disabled. On forums with Cash Mod enabled in viewtopic panel under the user avatar I have got:
Currency_name + Currency_value
And on forums with Cash Mod disabled in viewtopic panel under the user avatar I have got:
Currency_name
Why Currency_value is not showed in viewtopic panel on forums with disabled Cash Mod?
Is it a BUG?

Thanks for help.
Cheers.

I think it is a bug. I've been looking into it, and should be fixed in the next update
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

Xore wrote: Possibly when you updated your posting.php you may have made a mistake.

Okay thx, I'll check it out tonight. Hopefully that's the problem, so it'll be fixed.
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
The Dover Demon

Post by The Dover Demon »

Well I think that's a lot of work and I don't have the time right now. I realize you might not have the time but what if I send you my bank.php file and see if you can figure out which part is causing problems?

Thank you very much for your help though, there are few mod authors out there willing to dedicate so much help and support to users at not charge.

Can you reply to this please?
swedevil

Post by swedevil »

The Dover Demon wrote:

Can you reply to this please?

he's not the author of the Bank Mod, so I'd assume that he wouldn't be the best person to ask about that.
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

I think I can reply in his place : no.
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

The Dover Demon wrote: Well I think that's a lot of work and I don't have the time right now. I realize you might not have the time but what if I send you my bank.php file and see if you can figure out which part is causing problems?

Unfortunately, i also think that's a lot of work, and I don't have the time right now. I have several final projects that i'm working on, finals to study for, responsibilities as vice president of my student society, updating and support of this MOD, validation and development duties as a member of the MOD Team, as well as development of several other MODs, which other people are waiting impatiently for me to complete. (ie, pseudocron, CMAllowances, ItemsAPI, and a top secret *special* MOD project). I really regret not being able to allocate time to spend looking at your bank.php
The Dover Demon wrote: Thank you very much for your help though, there are few mod authors out there willing to dedicate so much help and support to users at not charge.

Thank you. I hope you understand that i'd really like to help you with your problem... but i've not had the opportunity to become highly aquainted with it, and i can't justify allocating the time to become so, to the extent that i would be able to determine where your error lies.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
PsYpEr

Post by PsYpEr »

I installed the PCP 2.0.0 and then at a later date did the Cash 2.2.1 mod

I also used the compatability hack here.

I'm now getting the following error when accessing the users profile:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_cash_table() in /home/bherenet/public_html/forum/profilcp/profilcp_public_base.php on line 37

Have I done something wrong?
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

Xore I checked posting.php, functions_post.php and the new cash.php, but everything is as it should be :?
Still getting the blank info box :?
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

Q-Zar wrote: Xore I checked posting.php, functions_post.php and the new cash.php, but everything is as it should be :?
Still getting the blank info box :?

Does this happen for all posts? Do the posts get entered into the database? do people get cash for their posts, or does the error occur without people getting cash? Does this still happen with cash disabled? Hopefully i'll be able to isolate some sort of cause if you can answer these questions.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”