[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
1036
66%
Very Good
239
15%
Good
121
8%
Fair
36
2%
Poor
126
8%
 
Total votes: 1558

NiVRaM
Registered User
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:55 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Post by NiVRaM »

First off, I admit I am not using phpbb, I am using PNphpBB2 (which is very similar to phpbb) ... but I'm working on a conversion for it (I was able to successfully convert the last mod) and this is one of the few spots where I am having trouble. Now to get on with the problem...

When viewing a post I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Class template_plus: Cannot inherit from undefined class template in /home/renegade/public_html/test/modules/PNphpBB2/includes/classes_cash.php on line 40
The corresponding line within classes_cash.php is:

Code: Select all

class Template_plus extends Template
The reason this errors is because PNphpBB2 needs the includes/template line in common.php to be commented. So, is there any way that I can get around this entire Template_plus thing? Thanks

NOTE: I have correctly edited common.php to include classes_cash...
Last edited by NiVRaM on Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Knowledge is just opinion you trust enough to act upon." -Orson Scott Card
resgreteste
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:31 pm

Post by resgreteste »

Xore wrote:
resgreteste wrote:I have a problem with the hack... There are too many pages to find the solution here, then i'll post it again:

When somebody make a post, in te top of the page appears an error like this:

postrow.POSTER_NAME}

and that error makes repeat the user avatar in the top of the page again, and again, and again.... How can I fix it? Do you need any pic of the problem?

I think that there is a problem with the viewtopic.php and view_topic_body.tpl archives, but I'm not sure....


A proper installation of Cash Mod could not produce this error.

It seems to me that you've somehow deleted a { in your viewtopic_body.tpl, this is not caused by Cash Mod.

However, you can fix it by opening up your viewtopic_body.tpl and finding the first

Code: Select all

postrow.POSTER_NAME}
that doesn't have a

Code: Select all

{
immediately before it. put one there. that should probably fix your problem.



Thanks.... I fixed that problem.
But now, in the place where that error was (postrow.POSTER_NAME), at the top of the page, now appears the name of the last person that make a post in that page. And after him, appears the nickname, avatar and personal title of the next person that make another post and etc...
Here is a pic, I selected all for you can see the problem (Do you see this pic? in this case, there is no avatar, only the nickname and the personal title):

http://galeon.com/arkalon/Otros/Error.jpg

PLEASE, HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zylee
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:03 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by zylee »

Am having a problem thats stated above but am not clear on the fix..

I am new to this and would appreciate any help

Here is my problem (as listed above):

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: cash_menucat
Problem: This class is defined in functions_cash.php, which should be included via common.php (which is included into admin panels via pagestart.php, which most likely means functions_cash.php isn't being included in common.php (or properly)
Fix: Check your install instructions, Find the instructions for common.php and apply the edits properly



I am not sure where to find the instructions for common.php Did this come with cash mod?
iamtherealseven
Registered User
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:13 am
Contact:

Post by iamtherealseven »

iamtherealseven wrote: I have the Cash Mod installed. I want the users profile to show their bank holdings right under their cash total(as it only shows how much cash they have in their hand). What codes and modifications do I need to add?

thanks


anyone no what I need to do?


Please.
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Post by Xore »

iamtherealseven wrote:
iamtherealseven wrote:I have the Cash Mod installed. I want the users profile to show their bank holdings right under their cash total(as it only shows how much cash they have in their hand). What codes and modifications do I need to add?

thanks


anyone no what I need to do?


Please.


This is (or correspondingly is not) a feature of Bank Mod. This is not a Cash Mod issue. If you want this feature, and don't currently have it, or it does not come with Bank Mod, then the proper person to ask is the authore of the Bank Mod.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
iamtherealseven
Registered User
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:13 am
Contact:

Post by iamtherealseven »

Duh....my bad... thanks. I will go that route.
SocomVengeance.com
Registered User
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:04 am
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Post by SocomVengeance.com »

Will it work with the shop and bank? if i have a point thing can i uninstall it and put this new one up?
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Post by Xore »

zylee wrote: Am having a problem thats stated above but am not clear on the fix..

I am new to this and would appreciate any help

Here is my problem (as listed above):

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: cash_menucat
Problem: This class is defined in functions_cash.php, which should be included via common.php (which is included into admin panels via pagestart.php, which most likely means functions_cash.php isn't being included in common.php (or properly)
Fix: Check your install instructions, Find the instructions for common.php and apply the edits properly



I am not sure where to find the instructions for common.php Did this come with cash mod?



For a proper installation of Cash Mod, it was necessary to complete all the actions outlined in cm_install_221.txt

If you haven't completed these, you need to do so. If you have, you'll find a section in it that deals with common.php that you need to double check to make sure you have completed.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Post by Xore »

SocomVengeance.com wrote: Will it work with the shop and bank? if i have a point thing can i uninstall it and put this new one up?


Yes
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
PsYpEr
Registered User
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: behind you
Contact:

Post by PsYpEr »

Hi,

Does anyone know if any has a modification to make the Cash mod 2.2.1 work with the profile control panel (PCP) 2.0.0 ?

If not does anyone have an older version of the cash mod that does work with it and if so what am I gonna loose in the drop to a lower version number?

Thanks in advance!
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Post by Xore »

resgreteste wrote:
Xore wrote:
resgreteste wrote:I have a problem with the hack... There are too many pages to find the solution here, then i'll post it again:

When somebody make a post, in te top of the page appears an error like this:

postrow.POSTER_NAME}

and that error makes repeat the user avatar in the top of the page again, and again, and again.... How can I fix it? Do you need any pic of the problem?

I think that there is a problem with the viewtopic.php and view_topic_body.tpl archives, but I'm not sure....


A proper installation of Cash Mod could not produce this error.

It seems to me that you've somehow deleted a { in your viewtopic_body.tpl, this is not caused by Cash Mod.

However, you can fix it by opening up your viewtopic_body.tpl and finding the first

Code: Select all

postrow.POSTER_NAME}
that doesn't have a

Code: Select all

{
immediately before it. put one there. that should probably fix your problem.



Thanks.... I fixed that problem.
But now, in the place where that error was (postrow.POSTER_NAME), at the top of the page, now appears the name of the last person that make a post in that page. And after him, appears the nickname, avatar and personal title of the next person that make another post and etc...
Here is a pic, I selected all for you can see the problem (Do you see this pic? in this case, there is no avatar, only the nickname and the personal title):

http://galeon.com/arkalon/Otros/Error.jpg

PLEASE, HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Please make sure that you made the proper changes to viewtopic.php. Improper changes to it is the only thing that could even remotely cause what you're experiencing. If not that, then I can't really see how the problem you're describing has any much to do with Cash Mod... It appears that you've been making changes to your template that are unrelated to Cash Mod (otherwise you wouldn't have had the { error)... Because of this, especially in addition to the nature of the problem you're experiencing.. I would say you're better off asking for help elsewhere.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Post by Xore »

NiVRaM wrote: First off, I admit I am not using phpbb, I am using PNphpBB2 (which is very similar to phpbb) ... but I'm working on a conversion for it (I was able to successfully convert the last mod) and this is one of the few spots where I am having trouble. Now to get on with the problem...

When viewing a post I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Class template_plus: Cannot inherit from undefined class template in /home/renegade/public_html/test/modules/PNphpBB2/includes/classes_cash.php on line 40
The corresponding line within classes_cash.php is:

Code: Select all

class Template_plus extends Template
The reason this errors is because PNphpBB2 needs the includes/template line in common.php to be commented. So, is there any way that I can get around this entire Template_plus thing? Thanks

NOTE: I have correctly edited common.php to include classes_cash...


classes_cash should only be included bia functions_cash, which is included from common.php

the Template_plus is an extension of phpbb's template class, basically for the purpose of adding several additional template functions that i require that the current template class does not contain.

It seems that PNphpBB2 uses it's own template class... it's possible that instead of extending phpBB's Template class, you could extend PNphpBB's templating class instead on that line. I couldn't really guarantee anything tho... i'd have to see it myself to be sure one way or the other. If you have sufficient experience with phpBB and PNphpBB2, (and other coding experience) you'd probably be able to check this yourself...
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
reddem0n
Registered User
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:46 am

Post by reddem0n »

xore, you helped me solve my last problem...after that i ran into some more problems..

alright the cash index page in the forum contral panel doesnt work...anytime i try to access it ......it always gives me this error

Quote:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist


so i checked the main page and saw there was already a solution to this and it said to make sure ALL the Tpl files are where they should be...well ive pretty much checked all the templates and uploaded them to the places again and had to overwrite the original ones...is there something im missing? because i know i've uploaded all of them to all 4 of my templates....but i still get this error message

and the next problem is that after adding on that cashindex addon to the cashmod...i got everything setup...but i dont see any changes in the index..php of my forums..my main page under "registered users" it should say richest user..i dont see that though..i ran the install and modified all the files as well.



one more thing for you xore....i noticed that your website wasnt working and i personally think it would be a great place to get information/support and have your things there...if you need I am willing to give you some space....PM me.... [/list] :)
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Re: xore is the man

Post by Xore »

reddem0n wrote: hey there xore, you helped me solve my last problem...after that i ran into some more problems..

alright the cash index page in the forum contral panel doesnt work...anytime i try to access it ......it always gives me this error
Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist


so i checked the main page and saw there was already a solution to this and it said to make sure ALL the Tpl files are where they should be...well ive pretty much checked all the templates and uploaded them to the places again and had to overwrite the original ones...is there something im missing? because i know i've uploaded all of them to all 4 of my templates....


Please make sure you haven't accidentally renamed anything in any manner... to my knowledge, the _only_ thing that will cause this error, is if it is looking for a template file, and it's not there. If it's in the wrong directory, or misnamed, this could cause it, just like any file not found error.
reddem0n wrote: and the next problem is that after adding on that cashindex addon to the cashmod...i got everything setup...but i dont see any changes in the index..php of my forums..my main page under "registered users" it should say richest user..i dont see that though..i ran the install and modified all the files as well.


For the add-ons, you need to ask the author of those addons. So far, none of the add-ons are written by myself.
reddem0n wrote: one more thing for you xore....i noticed that your website wasnt working and i personally think it would be a great place to get information/support and have your things there...if you need I am willing to give you some space....PM me.... 8)


My host is currently down, switching to better servers, to my knowledge. I'm not currently looking to change servers unless the downtime continues significantly.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Post by Xore »

busterblader103 wrote:
Xore wrote:
busterblader103 wrote:AHHHHH!!!! need help

i tried to install the cash mod, and this happened whenever i uploaded everything and did everything

Code: Select all

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bustr103/public_html/forums/index.php on line 26

Warning: main(): Failed opening './common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bustr103/public_html/forums/index.php on line 26

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/bustr103/public_html/forums/index.php on line 31
PLZ HELP ASAP!!!


did you change or modify your extension.inc in any way?


no i didnt =(


So, if you haven't somehow modifiied your extension.inc in any way... (and even if it did) ... then i don't really see how this has anything to do with Cash Mod.

Cash Mod does not make any changes to index.php, any problems you have with index.php are unrelated unless it occurs in a file that Cash Mod has changed, or as a cascaded result of a change made by Cash Mod. The error you claim is not a cascaded or indirect result of Cash Mod.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”