Page 123 of 798

Re: Loads Of Pages to wade through

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:49 am
by Xore
Triadian wrote: please forgive me if this has been answered already.

i think i installed the mod correctly and all seems to be working fine in the forums that have the mod enabled

however in the forums that have the mod disabled such as testing section etc. i see no money values in the view topics section under the avatar.

i see the name of the currency and can modify it etc.. just cant see the value.

:(

thanks for the replies and thanks to the mod author


I hope to have this fixed soon, however, final projects and exams are next week, i can't guarantee anything in the near future.

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:23 am
by NiVRaM
Okay Xore, after talk with some PNphpBB2 fellows I've found out the replacement template system for PNphpBB2

Code: Select all

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/xs_template.'.$phpEx);
so what would I need to change in includes/classes_cash.php to make it go to xs_template instead of just template.

Thanks a bunch :D

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:41 am
by busterblader103
hey xore, alright, i got the cash mod working, but i get this error after i try to install a new cash currency:

Code: Select all

/home/bustr103/public_html/sr/admin/cash_currencies.php 

376

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'bustr103_xmb54.phpbb_cash' doesn't exist 
plz help asap

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:40 am
by Xore
NiVRaM wrote: Okay Xore, after talk with some PNphpBB2 fellows I've found out the replacement template system for PNphpBB2

Code: Select all

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/xs_template.'.$phpEx);
so what would I need to change in includes/classes_cash.php to make it go to xs_template instead of just template.

Thanks a bunch :D


could you PM me a copy of thise file?

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:45 am
by busterblader103
can u plz help me now xore? my post is up there

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:52 am
by Xore
busterblader103 wrote: hey xore, alright, i got the cash mod working, but i get this error after i try to install a new cash currency:

Code: Select all

/home/bustr103/public_html/sr/admin/cash_currencies.php 

376

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'bustr103_xmb54.phpbb_cash' doesn't exist 
plz help asap


You need to run the database install

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:56 am
by Xore
busterblader103 wrote: can u plz help me now xore? my post is up there


... be patient... i'm on campus right now, without a constant connection, classes to get to etc. I try to get back to people withing 12-24 h. If you don't get an answer in 1 h, don't flip out. on the rest of the forum, it's 6-8 hours per bump. please, wait your turn.

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:33 am
by busterblader103
ok, im srry xore.. just gettin impatient and anxious... lol... heres another error i got when i tried to install it on another forum:

Code: Select all

phpBB : Critical Error 

Unable to insert new record into cash table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'bustr103_xmb58.phpbb_cash' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO phpbb_cash (cash_name, cash_dbfield, cash_order, cash_decimals) VALUES ('DO bux','user_do',1,1)

Line : 376
File : /home/bustr103/public_html/do/admin/cash_currencies.php 

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 am
by Xore
busterblader103 wrote: ok, im srry xore.. just gettin impatient and anxious... lol... heres another error i got when i tried to install it on another forum:

Code: Select all

phpBB : Critical Error 

Unable to insert new record into cash table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'bustr103_xmb58.phpbb_cash' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO phpbb_cash (cash_name, cash_dbfield, cash_order, cash_decimals) VALUES ('DO bux','user_do',1,1)

Line : 376
File : /home/bustr103/public_html/do/admin/cash_currencies.php 


Once again, you need to run the database install.

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:47 am
by busterblader103
database install? wheres that? whats it called?

srry again for my newb-ish-ness >_<

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:32 am
by jabbaonthedais
I followed the instructions exactly (I think) and everything seems to be working except the memberlist. Does it look like I did something wrong, or is this a problem with my sql?

http://forum.sweetandsoft.com/memberlist.php

Also, I set it up to have the currency symbol as the prefix but I don't see a currency symbol :? http://forum.sweetandsoft.com/

Thanks

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:01 am
by busterblader103
post line 274 of memberlist.php and we can see the prbly jabba

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:02 am
by Xore
busterblader103 wrote: database install? wheres that? whats it called?

srry again for my newb-ish-ness >_<


Cash Mod comes with a README

it's there for a reason

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:04 am
by Xore
jabbaonthedais wrote: I followed the instructions exactly (I think) and everything seems to be working except the memberlist. Does it look like I did something wrong, or is this a problem with my sql?

http://forum.sweetandsoft.com/memberlist.php

Also, I set it up to have the currency symbol as the prefix but I don't see a currency symbol :? http://forum.sweetandsoft.com/

Thanks


you're getting a parse error. check to make sure that you made the proper changes to memberlist.php, as if you made mistakes, it will cause the error you're currently experiencing.

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:14 am
by jabbaonthedais
I just triple checked and I did all the steps correctly

This is my line 274:
$icq = '<a href="http://wwp.icq.com/scripts/search.dll?to=' .

I didn't edit any of the surrounding lines so I'm not sure what the problem could be