[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:28 am

fateorfantasy wrote: I keep getting this error (in profile.php):

Code: Select all

Parse error: parse error in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/f/a/t/fateorfantasy/htdocs/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 52
gee... this has got to be the 6th time I've installed the cashmod, a different error pops up every time o_O Consistency on my part?

Yes, I originally installed the 2.0.0 and then I saw that the error I got was fixed by upgrading to 2.0.2, but since I couldn't find it, I just decided to upgrade to 2.2.1. I followed all the instructions to upgrade, but I get that error when viewing profile.php. I re-uploaded fresh versions of includes/usercp_viewprofile.php and profile.php and made the appropriate changes to them... but it didn't work, what other files might the error be located in?

That specific sort of error normally isn't caused by code: it's usually caused when something has gone bork in the template, ie, the template code has encountered an error with a template's meta tags (where by meta i mean the <!-- BEGIN x --> and <!-- END x --> tags)

check to make sure you didn't mess up your templates by accident when upgrading.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod

gurukast

Post by gurukast » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:37 pm

Xore wrote: yes, this in particular is a bug i'm aware of. I hope to get a fix out soon after i'm done finals.

cool :) Good luck in your finals man...
i"ll take a gander at your 2.02 code.. cause it worked there.. will let you know how it goes...

seteo-bloke
I've Been Banned!

Post by seteo-bloke » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:01 pm

seteo-bloke wrote:
seteo-bloke wrote:New problem!. ;)

I made the necessary changes to 'function_cash' as said in the troubleshooting section, but now after entering the donation amount and message and then hitting 'donate' I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: from() in /home/thegamin/public_html/forum/includes/functions_cash.php on line 541
Functions_cash file

Anyone have any idea's on this?.

Geez, thanks anyways, I've reverted back to V2.02.

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:22 pm

seteo-bloke wrote:
seteo-bloke wrote:

I made the necessary changes to 'function_cash' as said in the troubleshooting section, but now after entering the donation amount and message and then hitting 'donate' I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: from() in /home/thegamin/public_html/forum/includes/functions_cash.php on line 541
Functions_cash file

Sorry for not responding sooner, i've been looking into it, but not really getting anything. 2 lines before you get the error, you include the file that defines that function... unless that file has been changed, or there more errors that you haven't told me about... i really couldn't say what the problem would be...
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

seteo-bloke
I've Been Banned!

Post by seteo-bloke » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:40 pm

Xore wrote:
seteo-bloke wrote:
seteo-bloke wrote:

Functions_cash file

Sorry for not responding sooner, i've been looking into it, but not really getting anything. 2 lines before you get the error, you include the file that defines that function... unless that file has been changed, or there more errors that you haven't told me about... i really couldn't say what the problem would be...

That was the only error on the modified 'functions_cash.php'.

I did try using the original functions_cash from the Zip and a load of bizarre errors cropped up, one involving the Attachment mod and usercp_viewprofile...

Anyways, I think I'll give the upgrade another go at the weekend because extra features are definately worthy.

Soth

Post by Soth » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:52 pm

Hello. I have a question (duh).

We are running PHPBB 2.0.6 on our forums. I can access the Mysql and enter the info that i was given, however, it refuses to accept it.
My host tells me that it might not work as a module, because thats how we have it as.
Im thinking that its because i have it set the default table prefix.

This is the error i get when we try to post or view posts..

Could not obtain Cash Mod information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'elite_nuke69.cash' doesn't exist

SELECT cash_dbfield, cash_name, cash_image, cash_imageurl FROM cash WHERE cash_enabled = 1 AND cash_postdisplay = 1 ORDER BY cash_order ASC

Line : 434
File : /home/elite/public_html/modules/Forums/viewtopic.php

For futher information , the site can be viewed at www.gwclan.net , and i can be contacted on AIM. I will,however, be returning here every 15-20 minutes to view any progress.

Thank you all in advance

~ Soth

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:24 am

Soth wrote: Hello. I have a question (duh).

We are running PHPBB 2.0.6 on our forums. I can access the Mysql and enter the info that i was given, however, it refuses to accept it.
My host tells me that it might not work as a module, because thats how we have it as.
Im thinking that its because i have it set the default table prefix.

This is the error i get when we try to post or view posts..

Could not obtain Cash Mod information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'elite_nuke69.cash' doesn't exist

SELECT cash_dbfield, cash_name, cash_image, cash_imageurl FROM cash WHERE cash_enabled = 1 AND cash_postdisplay = 1 ORDER BY cash_order ASC

Line : 434
File : /home/elite/public_html/modules/Forums/viewtopic.php

For futher information , the site can be viewed at www.gwclan.net , and i can be contacted on AIM. I will,however, be returning here every 15-20 minutes to view any progress.

Thank you all in advance

~ Soth

What kind of nuke are you running? Cash Mod doesn't inherently support most *nuke systems, as nuke generally interferes with it in a significant fashion, making it highly unusable. The error you are describing is one such problem. This is because Cash Mod was built around phpbb as a whole system, where *nuke tends to splice up phpbb into several bastardized sections, which make a lot of things less workable.

With adequate incentive, i can be convinced to do custom installations, for certain variations of *nuke.

Your problem, specifically, could probably be fixed by redefining $table_prefix near the top of functions_cash.php
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

TimeVirus

Post by TimeVirus » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:24 am

I was expecting minor enhancements for a 2.0 to 2.2 upgrade, but this is amazing. It should be called 3.0 just to highlight that it has all those great new features.

The upgrade went amazingly smooth. Special thanks for the extra time you take to make that painless for us.

There is just one thing so far that I see that I want to change and that's the {postrow.CASH} in my viewtopic_body.tpl.

I want to remove the admin link to modify cash and exchange links since they add vertical space to the posts and can be found elsewhere. And the donate link I would like to either move to another place or at least alter its text properties. Where would I tinker with whatever creates {postrow.CASH}?
I'm probably wrong again...

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:33 am

TimeVirus wrote: I was expecting minor enhancements for a 2.0 to 2.2 upgrade, but this is amazing. It should be called 3.0 just to highlight that it has all those great new features.

The upgrade went amazingly smooth. Special thanks for the extra time you take to make that painless for us.

There is just one thing so far that I see that I want to change and that's the {postrow.CASH} in my viewtopic_body.tpl.

I want to remove the admin link to modify cash and exchange links since they add vertical space to the posts and can be found elsewhere. And the donate link I would like to either move to another place or at least alter its text properties. Where would I tinker with whatever creates {postrow.CASH}?

what happens, is that cash mod reads the file cash_viewtopic.tpl, compiles it, and then puts that info into {postrow.CASH}. Similarly with cash_viewprofile.tpl, for the profile. It should be much easier now to customize your look and feel for your cash settings, and is much more agreeable for other templates than subSilver. At this time, the links (donate, exchange, modify) are kind of fused together, so it's hard to remove one without removing them all. I'll probably change this in the next version. however, if you wish to cut down on vertical space, just remove the <br /> in cash_viewtopic.tpl afte the ], and maybe replace it with a space or something.

To change the text of 'Donate', look it up in your lang_cash.php and it's easily changeable there.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

Soth

Post by Soth » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:50 am

Xore wrote: What kind of nuke are you running?

Your problem, specifically, could probably be fixed by redefining $table_prefix near the top of functions_cash.php

We are using PHP-Nuke 6.0.

What exactly do i have to refine in functions_cash ?

thank you for the response.

NTwebsite

Post by NTwebsite » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:03 am

I get this message...
"You don't have enough to purchase that!"

I installed 2.2.1 and the shop mod, I do not have banl or anything else that relates to cash mod, just the shop and I get that message when I try to purchase that. also my user_points are set to zero for all users for some reason.....and thats all I have to say...

Any ideas how to fix this?
NTwebsite Hosting:
Plans as low as $2.95/month 100 MG webspace, 3 GB bandwidth.
Unlimited features! that includes Domains!
http://ntwebsite.net

Soth

Post by Soth » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:40 am

Xore wrote: With adequate incentive, i can be convinced to do custom installations, for certain variations of *nuke.

what kind of incentive are we talking here ? :roll:

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:56 am

NTwebsite wrote: I get this message...
"You don't have enough to purchase that!"

I installed 2.2.1 and the shop mod, I do not have banl or anything else that relates to cash mod, just the shop and I get that message when I try to purchase that. also my user_points are set to zero for all users for some reason.....and thats all I have to say...

Any ideas how to fix this?

Well, i suppose if you and/or your users post, and make points, then you'll be able to purchase stuff from your store...
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:57 am

Soth wrote:
Xore wrote: What kind of nuke are you running?

We are using PHP-Nuke 6.0.

What exactly do i have to refine in functions_cash ?

thank you for the response.

your $table_prefix

so, you'd put a line something like

$table_prefix = 'nuke_bb';

or whatever the prefix is for the cash tables in your database.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

Soth

Post by Soth » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:24 am

okay, sir that did not work that i could see

i believe my problem right now is getting the first mysql table created..

CREATE TABLE phpbb_cash_log (
log_id INT(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
log_time INT(11) NOT NULL,
log_type SMALLINT(6) NOT NULL,
log_text VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (log_id) ,
INDEX (log_time, log_type)
);

i cannot seem to be able to create this table. it keeps giving me errors. Ive tried running the self install.php as well, but to no avail. Gives me a blank page when i load to that page.

Long story short and humbling begging, what would it take to be able to help integrate this fine mod into our forums to be able to obtain the final stage, RPG Mod ?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”