[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

deadferret

Post by deadferret » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:57 pm

Xore wrote:
deadferret wrote:I suppose one last thing I would request you add is some "drop" and "delete from" sql in case something goes wrong with part of the script.

Cool stuff! :D

you mean in case the constraints don't successfully apply, to drop the tables that are thereby bork?

i could give it a try, but it's not as easy since it's just a straight try - succeed/fail loop with no error checking. However, if a query fails, it lets the user know, so they can fix it manually.

i'm still looking for the double constraint you mentioned earlier

[edit: nevermind i just found it]

No, I mean just in case they try to re-run the script that it drops the table if it already exists. Since there are only four tables it is not a big deal to drop those manually. The pain comes when deleting from the config table (at least in mssql).
Two nutz short of a squirrel...

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:58 pm

deadferret wrote:
Xore wrote:
deadferret wrote:I suppose one last thing I would request you add is some "drop" and "delete from" sql in case something goes wrong with part of the script.

Cool stuff! :D

you mean in case the constraints don't successfully apply, to drop the tables that are thereby bork?

i could give it a try, but it's not as easy since it's just a straight try - succeed/fail loop with no error checking. However, if a query fails, it lets the user know, so they can fix it manually.

i'm still looking for the double constraint you mentioned earlier

[edit: nevermind i just found it]

No, I mean just in case they try to re-run the script that it drops the table if it already exists. Since there are only four tables it is not a big deal to drop those manually. The pain comes when deleting from the config table (at least in mssql).

I don't want to be dropping tables that already exist :P otherwise lots of data gets lost, and people get mad at me :P

however, i plan to be doing appropriate version check, and depending on what version of cash mod is already installed (or not installed) i'll be making appropriate changes.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod

Cwell

Post by Cwell » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:00 pm

I am not sure if you were able to find out more, or simply forgot me in the mass of replies ;) For your convinience I have condensed our posts here (If you need to review what we had said fully, it is contained between pages 39 and 40). If you don't have any more suggestions, just a quick "don't know Cwell" in one of your following posts is all I ask. My community is getting fidgety, and if there is no fix I need to use the Points Mod.
Cwell wrote: First I would like to thank you for releasing this great mod to the community. While I have used the "Points Mod" in the past, this ones increased features, and easier to control admin panel is exactly what I needed for my revamped site.

I am however experiencing a slight problem. Whenever someone tries to reply to a post, or start a new topic, it generates a blank page. I am hoping I perhaps missed some slight modification to code, but try as I might I cannot figure out an answer.
http://24.58.106.55/phpBB2/index.php

Which after I gave you a test account to use, you replied with...
Xore wrote: The problem (as far as i can tell) is located in posting.php, which is a file that Cash Mod does not touch.

my suggestion would be to perhaps re-upload your original posting.php, i would not know what else to suggest... did you install any bbcodes? perhaps you made a mistake while doing so.

Which I replied with...
Cwell wrote: The forum is a clean install. phpbb 2.0.5.

Nothing has been added except the "Cash Mod".

And although I did not edit in anyway the posting.php file, I uploaded a new one just incase. Which has not fixed the problem. If you have no other ideas as to the cause I understand, and appreciate the time you have taken out of your day to help my community.

If you need any other possible information feel free to ask, as I'd prefer to use your Mod instead of the "Points Mod".

Thanks again

Thanks for your great support, the time you have invested in my matter has been greatly appreciated.

Cwell,
Kritaria's Resident Admin

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:07 pm

Cwell wrote: I am not sure if you were able to find out more, or simply forgot me in the mass of replies ;) For your convinience I have condensed our posts here (If you need to review what we had said fully, it is contained between pages 39 and 40). If you don't have any more suggestions, just a quick "don't know Cwell" in one of your following posts is all I ask. My community is getting fidgety, and if there is no fix I need to use the Points Mod.

i don't know. I honestly don't see how this is a Cash Mod problem, even if, as you say, it's the only mod on the board :-( since my mod doesn't touch that file.

i'm sorry i can't offer more help. If you want, try looking through posting.php and locate where in the file it terminates execution via debugging ( if you know how to do so ) and perhaps i could help more, but... a blank page isn't something i can easily pinpoint an error with.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

Cwell

Post by Cwell » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:56 pm

I decided to upgrade to 2.0.6, and see perhaps if a file of mine was corrupted or perhaps accidently editted. In the process I was able to narrow down to which file started the problem (includes/functions_post.php for those that wish to know ;) ), and in the end fix it. Unfortunatly the "find" tool in my text editor did not pick up some of it, and it resulted in me placing the code in the wrong place. It now works flawlessly. Thank you for the easy to install Mod Xore. I would like to say once again thanks for releasing this, and for spending your time helping a befuddled user.

Thanks ever so much.

Cwell,
Kritaria's Resident Admin.

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:58 pm

Cwell wrote: I decided to upgrade to 2.0.6, and see perhaps if a file of mine was corrupted or perhaps accidently editted. In the process I was able to narrow down to which file started the problem (includes/functions_post.php for those that wish to know ;) ), and in the end fix it. Unfortunatly the "find" tool in my text editor did not pick up some of it, and it resulted in me placing the code in the wrong place. It now works flawlessly. Thank you for the easy to install Mod Xore. I would like to say once again thanks for releasing this, and for spending your time helping a befuddled user.

Thanks ever so much.

Cwell,
Kritaria's Resident Admin.

Glad to hear you got it working :-) and i apologize for not being much help. I was under the impression that the problem was before posting, not during the post process

but, well, as long as it's working, it's all good :-)

Hope you enjoy it
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

slayerment

Error:

Post by slayerment » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:08 am

Sorry to bother you guys. I uploaded all the files and ran the install script and everything was successful. I then went into my admin and saw the new Cash Mod feature. The 'Cash Configuration' link works but all the other links give me the following error:
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information in cash_config

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'slayer.CASH_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT cash_id, cash_order, cash_dbfield, cash_name FROM CASH_TABLE ORDER BY cash_order ASC

Line : 431
File : /home/slayerme/www/www/forum/admin/admin_cash_currencies.php

Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.

Xore
Former Team Member

Re: Error:

Post by Xore » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:09 am

slayerment wrote: Sorry to bother you guys. I uploaded all the files and ran the install script and everything was successful. I then went into my admin and saw the new Cash Mod feature. The 'Cash Configuration' link works but all the other links give me the following error:
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information in cash_config

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'slayer.CASH_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT cash_id, cash_order, cash_dbfield, cash_name FROM CASH_TABLE ORDER BY cash_order ASC

Line : 431
File : /home/slayerme/www/www/forum/admin/admin_cash_currencies.php

Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.

Did you click on the 'help' link and read the post it sent you to?
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:59 pm

Shop Mod Compatibility

Due to the way Shop Mod's installer is written, a few minor adjustments are required, in order to install it properly with Cash Mod.

I might not catch them all, so if i miss any, could someone who has successfully completed this please let me know?

So, the following changes would need to be made to the Cash Mod installer (at it's present version)
  • At some point in the installer, you'll see this:

Code: Select all

------[OPEN]------
     /templates/*/viewtopic_body.tpl

------[FIND]------
    {postrow.POINTS}

------[ADD, AFTER]------ 
    <a href="{postrow.ITEMSNAME}">Items</a>{postrow.ITEMS}
    Unfortunately,

{postrow.POINTS}
    doesn't exist in Cash Mod, so instead of looking for that, look for

<!-- END cashrow -->
    and then (on a new line)

------[ADD, AFTER]------ 
    <a href="{postrow.ITEMSNAME}">Items</a>{postrow.ITEMS}

• so, here's another one...

------[OPEN]------ 
    viewtopic.php 

------[REPLACE ALL BETWEEN]------ 
       { 
          $user_points = ''; 
          $donate_points = ''; 
       } 

------[AND]------ 
       // 
       // Note! The order used for parsing the message _is_ important, moving things around could break any 
       // output 
       // 

------[WITH]------ 
    instead of this, try

------[OPEN]------ 
    viewtopic.php 

------[REPLACE ALL BETWEEN]------ 
    	$user_sig = ( $postrow[$i]['enable_sig'] && $postrow[$i]['user_sig'] != '' && $board_config['allow_sig'] ) ? $postrow[$i]['user_sig'] : '';
    	$user_sig_bbcode_uid = $postrow[$i]['user_sig_bbcode_uid'];

------[AND]------ 
       // 
       // Note! The order used for parsing the message _is_ important, moving things around could break any 
       // output 
       // 

------[WITH]------ 

If there's any other things that need to be changed, i'd appreciate it if you let me know. Thanks.

Hope this helps anyone having problems :-)

Edit: updated the "replace between ... and ... with"
Last edited by Xore on Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:55 pm

Just chiming in to say that I have reviewed the Cash MOD script and it looks to be written pretty darn well as far as EM is concerned. There is on issue I've seen but it really was out of Xore's control.

Great work!

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!

wisequark

Post by wisequark » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:30 am

Xore:

Well I finally got the mod working :P I suspect the Admin Userlist was messing with it somehow. I must say this rocks :-D Are there any shop systems which work with 2.0.5 or .6?

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:13 am

wisequark wrote: Xore:

Well I finally got the mod working :P I suspect the Admin Userlist was messing with it somehow. I must say this rocks :-D Are there any shop systems which work with 2.0.5 or .6?

You'll have to ask the authors of those mods. You can find a list of links to some support threads via my Cash Mod Support link in my signature (scroll to the bottom of my post)
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:45 am

I noticed a problem in the shop, when I buy/sell something it says something like "you bought a sword for 14 , leaving you with 32 "
It doesn't say the currency's name ! :(
I used the points mod before the cash mod, so I think the error lies somewhere in a definition (maybe the mod calling a function only present in the points mod, not the Cash mod ?).
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:41 pm

Q-Zar wrote: I noticed a problem in the shop, when I buy/sell something it says something like "you bought a sword for 14 , leaving you with 32 "
It doesn't say the currency's name ! :(
I used the points mod before the cash mod, so I think the error lies somewhere in a definition (maybe the mod calling a function only present in the points mod, not the Cash mod ?).

To my knowledge, the old points system kept the name of it's currency in a field in the config table, called 'points_name'. Cash Mod doesn't directly deal with it, because Cash Mod keeps it's currency names in the cash table. however, i created a small peice of code that checks if you are creating/renaming a currency with a dbfield of 'user_points', and if so, it will change the value of that field in the config table.

Try changing the name of your currency, forcing an update, and see if that helps.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

wisequark

Post by wisequark » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:04 pm

it seems to work fine for me, except the shop mod doesn't display the name of the item in inventory (only the quantity). Might be a problem with my template though.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”