[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

Splendifferous

Post by Splendifferous »

When i did the second one, I just saw my forum the what it was before I installed the mod, I was still logged in and I saw nothing different.
"Why am I fighting to live, if i'm living to fight?"
(do not adopt Av & Sig)
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

Splendifferous wrote: When i did the second one, I just saw my forum the what it was before I installed the mod, I was still logged in and I saw nothing different.

*dies a little bit*

when i say "the page", i do not mean your forum, i mean the sql installer page.

ie, http://www.yoursite.com/yourpath/sql_install.php

Edit:
i'll have to update my readme. i guess i assumed (wrongly) that it was pretty obvious which page needed to be loaded.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
Splendifferous

Post by Splendifferous »

Xore wrote:
Splendifferous wrote:When i did the second one, I just saw my forum the what it was before I installed the mod, I was still logged in and I saw nothing different.

*dies a little bit*

when i say "the page", i do not mean your forum, i mean the sql installer page.

ie, http://www.yoursite.com/yourpath/sql_install.php

Edit:
i'll have to update my readme. i guess i assumed (wrongly) that it was pretty obvious which page needed to be loaded.

Ooops! Sorry I had no ideal, let me try that and I will see if that works :oops:
(do not adopt Av & Sig)
Splendifferous

Post by Splendifferous »

I installed it and most of it worked but I got this error after it installed:
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('points_name','Points');
+++ Error: Duplicate entry 'points_name' for key 1

And now when I go into my admin area and click on the options for cash mod, I get this error:
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: cash_menucat in /home/lowente/public_html/admin/admin_cash.php on line 31

How can I fix that?
(do not adopt Av & Sig)
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

Splendifferous wrote: I installed it and most of it worked but I got this error after it installed:
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('points_name','Points');
+++ Error: Duplicate entry 'points_name' for key 1

Don't need to worry about this
Splendifferous wrote: And now when I go into my admin area and click on the options for cash mod, I get this error:
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: cash_menucat in /home/lowente/public_html/admin/admin_cash.php on line 31

How can I fix that?

check that you made the changes to common.php properly.
Edit: by "properly" i mean, it's location is important, that it goes after some stuff instead of before it...

Note: this may not apply to you, but if you are using any sort of portal system, you may get this problem regardless. Under the circumstances of portal systems, i do not offer support, because there are alot of portals, and they mostly all tend to mess this up, and i'm not interested in second guessing how any given portal system uniquely screws it up. If this is the case, request help from the distributers of the portal system, not me.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

* Puts on fake beard *

Yes Q-Zar is known to be too sarcastic sometimes, it's a character flaw :roll:
I'll make sure he watches that from now on

* Fake beard falls off *

Oops, oh well, I might have been a little too sarcastic there, as a beginner I can understand you're at a lost (that's why I usually recommend installing other (easier) mods before the Cash Mod, so that you know a bit what you're doing ^^)
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
drakky

Post by drakky »

thanks PsYpEr

i have found a problem in the cash mod though when you have 2 currencies and you exchange them the page does not update the
changes after you hit the submit button and the new page loads you have to refresh the page again to see the changes

any ideas

thanks drak
drakky

Post by drakky »

hmmm just found another small problem it seems to exchange one way fine but if you try to exchange the opposite way it gets it math wrong

ie

1 dollar is worth 50 tokens that exchanges fine
50 tokens to 1 dollar doesn't work or it doen't convert the amount you want it to

thanks
drak
Brainsen

Post by Brainsen »

Hi,

I want to give credit for uploading pictures with smartors album mod.
Anybody done that before? Any idea how to get the album mod
work with cash mod?

Which line of code would I have to include in the album mod.

Thanx in advance
Brainsen
Splendifferous

Post by Splendifferous »

Q-Zar wrote: * Puts on fake beard *

Yes Q-Zar is known to be too sarcastic sometimes, it's a character flaw :roll:
I'll make sure he watches that from now on

* Fake beard falls off *

Oops, oh well, I might have been a little too sarcastic there, as a beginner I can understand you're at a lost (that's why I usually recommend installing other (easier) mods before the Cash Mod, so that you know a bit what you're doing ^^)

*hugs Q-zar* I am sorry I was rude to you, yesterday was a very stressful day for me because I am the only one at my forum who has some idea of how this stuff works and the pressure got to me. I know you were only trying to help me. Thanks everyone for the help. :D
(do not adopt Av & Sig)
PsYpEr

Post by PsYpEr »

*pops up from hiding place behind cupboard, looks round*
I'm glad I moved up from the IT Helpdesk years ago!!
If ya can't be sarcastic to newbies, wheres the fun??

neway, joking aside. Sounds like there's gonna be cool stuff on the horizon there xore. Just remember to concentrate on the exam work - don't worry about the mod - we can wait we're patient (mutters under breath :D) and good luck.

I will put this version on the new forum and update it with the next version when you release it - shouldn't be too much trouble and I'm sure that the sql cash values won't be affected? but then with phpmyadmin I'm sure I can work a way to keep the values in any case.

You got a great mod here!! oh and congratulations on q-zar for being part of the informal staff :D
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

I'm probably just informal because I still don't use every function of it ^^ (I just started using the exchange function and had to search in the topic for a fix because there was a bug with the new cash.php ^^)

Congratulate me when I'm paid :P
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

PsYpEr wrote: I'm glad I moved up from the IT Helpdesk years ago!!
If ya can't be sarcastic to newbies, wheres the fun??

oh, the irony. Did i mention i got a part time job at my university in the computer labs? as an IT helpdesk? (which incidentally, is where i am posting from at this moment) i listed supporting Cash Mod for a year as experience, and they hired me on the spot :P
PsYpEr wrote: You got a great mod here!! oh and congratulations on q-zar for being part of the informal staff :D

"informal staff" -- if it can be said that a staff exists... There's me, and anyone who wants to help out, is welcome to. I don't know where i'd be if Q-Zar didn't field so many of the questions that i look at and cringe and just can't bring myself to answer...
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
honie

Post by honie »

I apologize if this has been posted... Ive looked & looked & did not see it addressed. I also havent posted here much, so I hope I do this right.

I am getting the following error when posting, deleting, editing.... a message -

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/policew/public_html/nuke/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php on line 357

My line 357 looks like -
$cash_message = $GLOBALS['cm_posting']->update_post($mode, $post_data, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_uid, $post_username, $post_message);

Ive read & reread the install & the read me & searched & searched.

Thank you in advance
Obstel

Post by Obstel »

cash mod is up and running on my site.

We want to get 2 currencies when posting in a certain forum.

For example, we have 2 currencies Bronze and Gold.

We want that in all boards you can get Bronze, but in a few forums you can get Gold. But If I set Gold on certain Forums active, you still gain Bronze instead of Gold.

Then I try to set Bronze inactive and only Gold active -> You still get Bronze.

Does anyone have an idea ?

How to solve the problem, that you can get Gold instead of Bronze.

I should mention, that you can exchange these currencies on my boards.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”