[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

black1

Post by black1 »

when will the Cash Mod Allowances plug-in be done?
dealstrike

Post by dealstrike »

I am totally confused of what this mod does, I am hoping someone can contact me at sharadpsu on aim and explain it to me, It sounds awesome, and I would like to install it, so if someone could contact me, it would be great, thanks
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

It allows the users on a forum to gain virtual (as in "not real", people have been confused) money by posting messages.
Depending on the others mods you install, they can spend their money in a shop, by playing games, by taking care of a pet, ...
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
PaulH_eh

Post by PaulH_eh »

I installed the easymod and that works fine, i think.
after i copied the cashmod folder to the mods folder in admin so i can install it i ran it.
i got this error:

Code: Select all

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/Aeolus/memberlist_body.tpl] could not find:

colspan="8" 

MOD script line #496
well i looked in the file and the colspan isnt in there, infact its not in a bunch of the styles, is that a big deal?

one other thing was i got this error:

SQL not performed: SQL commands are not performed automatically in this version of EM. The MOD you are installing wants to perform an SQL command. You will have to manually execute this the old fashion way. If you do not know how, ask the MOD author, not Nuttzy! 
what does this mean?

the last thing was i got this:
Unprocessed Commands
SQL line #131
Im normal its the rest of the world thats insane
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

PaulH_eh:

you probably don't need to worry about the memberlist, but there's a small chance the bottom of your memberlist table might look strange

as for the SQL: there is a readme that tells you what you need to do. basically, just execute the sql_install.php file
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
PaulH_eh

Post by PaulH_eh »

ok well i ran the sql_install.php and it said it was all succesfull but i dont see any changes on the forum.
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

PaulH_eh wrote: ok well i ran the sql_install.php and it said it was all succesfull but i dont see any changes on the forum.

Anybody interested in writing a

"Getting started with Cash Mod"

manual? Q-Zar? PsYpEr? anyone?
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
PaulH_eh

Post by PaulH_eh »

:D
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

PaulH_eh:

under your adminCP, you'll find some new cash mod modules. under 'cash currencies' you can create new currenc(y | ies) . You probably won't see the effects of cash mod until you do so.

If you intend to make use of cash mod as a rewards system in conjunction with other mods, i recommend you use 'user_points' as your database entry for your initial/primary currency
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
PaulH_eh

Post by PaulH_eh »

ok i got it all workin so now you get cash for stuff now all i need to do is add stuff to buy and that kinda nonsence.
black1

Post by black1 »

black1 wrote: when will the Cash Mod Allowances plug-in be done?

??? :?
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

PaulH_eh wrote: i got this error:

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/Aeolus/memberlist_body.tpl] could not find:

colspan="8" 

MOD script line #496

If you already installed other mods, it might be that that line has already been modified.
try looking manually for colspan=", maybe the number behind it will be 9, or 10, etc... Then just add a number to it (if that's what you have to do, I forgot :P)
Xore : on another board, someone asked about the SQL message "duplicate entry". I told them it was okay, that they could proceed with the installation. Their reply : "and how do I install it ?"
"Installation Instructions, what a strange concept" by Q-Zar :P
I'm thinking about making a small "getting started" manual for cash mod and activity mod actually, because the same simple issues keep coming back. (Although I fear the result would be the same as the readme.txt and troubleshooting - completely ignored)
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

Q-Zar wrote: I'm thinking about making a small "getting started" manual for cash mod and activity mod actually, because the same simple issues keep coming back. (Although I fear the result would be the same as the readme.txt and troubleshooting - completely ignored)

If you could, that would be great. every little bit helps :-)
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

Working on a "Getting Started" text (I hop to have it finished today), I found an error in my translation of lang_cash.php
I had removed a line by error, causing a blank in the admin panel :roll:

To fix it, open lang_cash.php
Find

$lang['Cash_allow_donate'] = 'Permettre aux utilisateurs de donner de l\'argent aux autres';
Before, add

$lang['Cash_exchangeable'] = 'Permettre aux utilisateurs d\'échanger cette monnaie';
Sorry about that :oops:
On another matter : Xore, the Cash Mod has been added to the official French phpBB mod database :)
Rattrap

Help

Post by Rattrap »

I`m going thru the files, but i cant seem to find any errors...??

I think everything will work fine...!! but for some reason i can not get the admin pages to load properly.... when checking the output file i get

@import url("../templates/subSilver/formIE.css");
-->
</style>
<title>The Cybertron Archive - </title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#EEEEEE" text="#000000" link="#666666" vlink="#666666">

<a name="top"></a>
then nothing more... :cry: :(
Last edited by Rattrap on Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”