[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

Andy_Wilson wrote:
Andy_Wilson wrote:
PsYpEr wrote:There is a section on how to interface with the cash system in deducting money for certain cash events etc.

Where is this section???

Andy Wilson

This should be an easy question, please can someone answer it before it get's lost in other posts :?

Tanx,
Andy Wilson

look up 'cash events'

note, however, that i don't really have any intention of supporting this feature until the next cash mod release, as it is undergoing some extensive rethinking and recoding, after which i will put up some documentation on how to properly use it.

Grattier:

the same thing applies to cash recount... it's still undergoing some work, and i'm not really officially recommending or supporting it's use.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
marigold

Post by marigold »

Xore wrote:
marigold wrote:
Xore wrote:
marigold wrote:I have literally been working on getting this cash mod to work properly all day. Now, 2 am and 30 pages into this thread, I have given up looking.

I have the cash mod installed, and I am able to access all portions of the cash mod, but when I post, it doesn't show reflect in the post. Or the profile. And I can't donate. So, it's basically pretending not to be there.

I have already reviewed the troubleshooting guide, and to the best of my knowledge done what I needed to do. (It's enabled, I have set currency, etc etc) Thing is, this is day 2 of my phpbb and sql experience, so I am a lame newb.

Help?

are you using templates other than subSilver? and if so, did you update them also with the required changes, or not?

I am using subSilver, and installing the cash mod is the only thing I have done to the board. I have not changed colors, images, nothing. Just installed the cash mod and I have 3 users that are all just 'beta testing' accounts.

A couple of questions: have you double checked that you've made [all] the proper changes to the following files:
  • posting.php
  • viewtopic.php
  • profile.php
  • includes/functions_post.php
  • includes/usercp_viewprofile.php
?

also, did you apply the cash.php fix (located in troubleshooting) ?

Note, reading the first 30 pages of this thread probably wasn't a smart idea, considering near the bottom of page 1, i tell people that it's pointless to read on...

I guess I assumed incorrectly that the install would add all necessary files to the already existing file in the directory. I have learned to double check all of that info though. It appears to be working, although I had to manually go in and change all of the files that the install dictated, not just the ones that you listed.

And just FYI, not that it matters, but I started reading from the end up...so technically I was looking at the most recent information. Thanks for your help.
Grattier

Post by Grattier »

Ok thanks for support... Thats really a good job this Mod
Comrade Admiral

Post by Comrade Admiral »

Xore wrote: check the bottom of your functions.php and make sure you don't have any extra lines/spaces after the ?>

You're a godsend :D

That was my only problem which prevented me from running my board at all, now I'm getting a
Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist
when I go to either Cash Admin or Cash Help in my admin panel, so I'm just going over the installation process over again to see if I missed anything.

Thanks a lot Image
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

Comrade Admiral wrote: That was my only problem which prevented me from running my board at all, now I'm getting a
Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist
when I go to either Cash Admin or Cash Help in my admin panel, so I'm just going over the installation process over again to see if I missed anything.

No need, your problem is fairly simple. All the .tpl files that you copied from the Cash Mod zip into subSilver... you need to copy them into all your other templates as well... that's what's causing the error. For example, if you switched your personal theme to subSilver, you will be able to access the admin panel.

Also, make sure in a similar manner that all the edits you applied to subSilver .tpl files, that you apply them to all your other templates as well.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
dinoman1989

Post by dinoman1989 »

refferal system for phpbb... does it exist?
i basically want a system where som1 would type in the person who reffered thems name and then they would get x points... u get the picture im sure ;P
so does/could it exist?

thanks
Typhlosion

Post by Typhlosion »

One of the members of my forum has reported som odd abnormalities around the Cash Mod..

Once, he had below zero in his "mithril" count (two decimals, counts 0.03 for each character) - he hadn't deleted any posts (neither had I), and he hadn't bought any items in the Shop.

Then he reports that he lost 29 "gil" when exchanging from "gold" to "gil" (1 gold is worth 0.4 gil) - he had 60 gil, then he exchanged 31 of it to gold. When he was done, all his gil was gone, and it hadn't been exchanged to gold.

None of these has occured to me.
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

Typhlosion wrote: One of the members of my forum has reported som odd abnormalities around the Cash Mod..

Once, he had below zero in his "mithril" count (two decimals, counts 0.03 for each character) - he hadn't deleted any posts (neither had I), and he hadn't bought any items in the Shop.

Then he reports that he lost 29 "gil" when exchanging from "gold" to "gil" (1 gold is worth 0.4 gil) - he had 60 gil, then he exchanged 31 of it to gold. When he was done, all his gil was gone, and it hadn't been exchanged to gold.

None of these has occured to me.

If you can reproduce the problem, let me know. Also make sure you have applied the cash.php fix that's listed in troubleshooting.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
Comrade Admiral

Post by Comrade Admiral »

Abnormal cash earnings

As a test on my board, I set all of the earnings for different user levels and set my earnings per character to zero. However, when I did a test post, I received the credits for being an administrator, and received credit for being a 10, 25, 50, 100, 200, 500, and 1000 post user.

How do I set earnings so that once you become part of a certain group, you only earn the cash that is set for that particular rank or group?
vze3k59w

Post by vze3k59w »

CyberAlien wrote: About cash mod:

I have tested cash mod. There are problems with it, but i will not add fix for it. Author of that mod extends template class when there is absolutely no need to do that. If you want this mod to be compatible with cash mod ask author of cash mod to use output buffering instead of extending template class. Some functions do require interfering with template class, but that can be easily done by accessing $template->_tpldata without messing with template class.
Wanna join a very advanced OO based modular port of phpBB? PM me :)
PsYpEr

Post by PsYpEr »

dinoman1989 wrote: refferal system for phpbb... does it exist?
i basically want a system where som1 would type in the person who reffered thems name and then they would get x points... u get the picture im sure ;P
so does/could it exist?

thanks

I believe this is what you are looking for:
http://www.lapin-malin.com/phpBB/mods_1232.html

I have yet to install it on my board but it does sound pretty cool!!!
PsYpEr

Post by PsYpEr »

vze3k59w wrote:
CyberAlien wrote:About cash mod:

I have tested cash mod. There are problems with it, but i will not add fix for it. Author of that mod extends template class when there is absolutely no need to do that. If you want this mod to be compatible with cash mod ask author of cash mod to use output buffering instead of extending template class. Some functions do require interfering with template class, but that can be easily done by accessing $template->_tpldata without messing with template class.

WTF!?!? Arent you even gonna tell anyone what the name of this other mod you mentioned (let alone tell us what the issue is) or are you just gonna post a quote from some far off post and we do the hunting for you??

Thanks for such an interesting post. Most people ignore these but its 4.30am over here and I'm too bored to!!
PsYpEr

Post by PsYpEr »

Comrade Admiral wrote: Abnormal cash earnings

As a test on my board, I set all of the earnings for different user levels and set my earnings per character to zero. However, when I did a test post, I received the credits for being an administrator, and received credit for being a 10, 25, 50, 100, 200, 500, and 1000 post user.

How do I set earnings so that once you become part of a certain group, you only earn the cash that is set for that particular rank or group?

I use a sliding scale on my board. I have staff members, moderators and admins each have a higher amount of cash than the one before and more than users - if you only put in the extra amount recieved for each one then it works out. If moderators earn 5 points more than staff members then I just put down 5 points because modrators are staff members too. Hope this makes sense!? :?
tnntwister

Post by tnntwister »

no time no see :)

Code: Select all

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' t.topic_last_post_id DESC LIMIT 0, 50' at line 10

SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_username, p2.post_username AS post_username2, p2.post_time FROM forums_topics t, forums_users u, forums_posts p, forums_posts p2, forums_users u2 WHERE t.forum_id = 1 AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id AND p2.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id AND u2.user_id = p2.poster_id AND t.topic_type <> 2 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, , t.topic_last_post_id DESC LIMIT 0, 50
i use phpbb 2.0.6 and a several Ptirhiik mods.
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

vze3k59w wrote:
CyberAlien wrote:About cash mod:

he's partially right: there are better ways of doing it, which i'm exploring in my next release, that hopefully will not conflict with his mod, by manually messing with the uncompiled template code. (i just really don't want to mess with _tpldata )
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”