[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
1036
66%
Very Good
239
15%
Good
121
8%
Fair
36
2%
Poor
126
8%
 
Total votes: 1558

User avatar
fateorfantasy
Registered User
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:54 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by fateorfantasy » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:19 pm

wisequark wrote: it seems to work fine for me, except the shop mod doesn't display the name of the item in inventory (only the quantity). Might be a problem with my template though.

hmmm... that happened to me before, i can't remember what I did
did you run both upgrades?

tpgolf
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:34 am

Post by tpgolf » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:48 pm

How can I make it let them earn 0.10 points for a post? I want to give our people 10 cents per post.

Thanks

User avatar
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Post by Xore » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:57 pm

tpgolf wrote: How can I make it let them earn 0.10 points for a post? I want to give our people 10 cents per post.

Thanks


Decimal points is not a feature of Cash mod, outside of points per character (for obvious reasons).

You can (if you want) work around it by creating a 'cents' currency, although this probably isn't what you're looking for. You can also modify the database manually to allow this, but unfortunately, i can't offer support for this sort of activity.

Perhaps soon a 'Decimal-cash mod' may be released by some interested mod author, modding CM to allow decimal cash amounts.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod

User avatar
wisequark
Registered User
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 2:38 am
Contact:

Post by wisequark » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:21 pm

fateorfantasy wrote:
wisequark wrote:it seems to work fine for me, except the shop mod doesn't display the name of the item in inventory (only the quantity). Might be a problem with my template though.

hmmm... that happened to me before, i can't remember what I did
did you run both upgrades?


Yeah, perhaps one didn't "take"?

User avatar
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Post by Xore » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:23 pm

wisequark wrote:
fateorfantasy wrote:
wisequark wrote:it seems to work fine for me, except the shop mod doesn't display the name of the item in inventory (only the quantity). Might be a problem with my template though.

hmmm... that happened to me before, i can't remember what I did
did you run both upgrades?


Yeah, perhaps one didn't "take"?


Hi, no offense, but this is Cash Mod support, not Shop support. Please continue this discussion in the appropriate thread

thank you :-)
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod

User avatar
Q-Zar
Registered User
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:30 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by Q-Zar » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:27 am

Xore wrote: You can (if you want) work around it by creating a 'cents' currency, although this probably isn't what you're looking for.


Maybe he can do what I did ?
In Phpmyadmin change the values from "integer" to "decimal", and remove the "floor()" parts in some files (I forgot which) ?
It worked for me, my currency has points and cents. ;)

Xore : to fix my problem, I can also replace the function that calls the currency by the name of my currency. I only use one currency so for my problem it's a viable solution.
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
Image

cyb1
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:02 am

Cash Mod on Oracle

Post by cyb1 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:48 pm

I couldn't find any other info on using Cash Mod on Oracle so I made the changes myself and posted instructions on a separate thread:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 632#717632

Hope someone finds this useful. 8)

User avatar
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Post by Xore » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:38 pm

thanks cyb1. i appreciate the info :-)
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod

ViPeRTeck
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:15 pm

Post by ViPeRTeck » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:49 pm

This is like a total idiot question, Well im viperteck!

I need a simple installation guide i uploaded all the files into the right places then i went to admin and clicked config i got this.

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

Help!

User avatar
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Post by Xore » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:54 pm

ViPeRTeck wrote: This is like a total idiot question, Well im viperteck!

I need a simple installation guide i uploaded all the files into the right places then i went to admin and clicked config i got this.

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

Help!


you need to make sure you upload the admin template files into the right locations also

if you're using any themes other than subSilver, you need to copy the template files into the corresponding places in all your other themes also.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod

gigasonic
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:14 am

Post by gigasonic » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:45 am

is there something i have to change in the install of cash mod to make it compatable with moogies stat mod? because when i try to install moogies mod after ive made the changes to the installation thing it gives me this error:
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [viewtopic.php] could not find:

$cash_field p.*,

MOD script line #437
is there anything i have to change in that general area of the installation thing to make it work? any ideas?

User avatar
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Post by Xore » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:35 am

gigasonic wrote: is there something i have to change in the install of cash mod to make it compatable with moogies stat mod? because when i try to install moogies mod after ive made the changes to the installation thing it gives me this error:
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [viewtopic.php] could not find:

$cash_field p.*,

MOD script line #437
is there anything i have to change in that general area of the installation thing to make it work? any ideas?


are you trying to install moogie's mod before or after cash mod?
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod

gigasonic
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:14 am

Post by gigasonic » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:11 am

after i installed cash mod... ive gotten cash mod to work perfectly but i cant seem to get moogies stat mod to easy mod install(i used easy mod to install cashmod the second time(crashed my boards after the first time i hand coded it)) and it works just fine but every time i try to install moogies i get that error

User avatar
Xore
Former Team Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: the wastelands between insomnia and clairvoyance
Contact:

Post by Xore » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:24 am

gigasonic wrote: after i installed cash mod... ive gotten cash mod to work perfectly but i cant seem to get moogies stat mod to easy mod install(i used easy mod to install cashmod the second time(crashed my boards after the first time i hand coded it)) and it works just fine but every time i try to install moogies i get that error


i don't know whether or not moogie's mod is EM compatible or not... either way, if you're having problems installing her mod, she probably would be the better one to ask.

if you can, in your viewtopic.php, look for this text:

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT u.
there _should_ only be one instance of that in the file, unless you've added some other mods, in which case, look for the one that has $cash_field in it.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod

gigasonic
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:14 am

Post by gigasonic » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:28 am

Xore wrote:
gigasonic wrote:after i installed cash mod... ive gotten cash mod to work perfectly but i cant seem to get moogies stat mod to easy mod install(i used easy mod to install cashmod the second time(crashed my boards after the first time i hand coded it)) and it works just fine but every time i try to install moogies i get that error


i don't know whether or not moogie's mod is EM compatible or not... either way, if you're having problems installing her mod, she probably would be the better one to ask.

if you can, in your viewtopic.php, look for this text:

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT u.
there _should_ only be one instance of that in the file, unless you've added some other mods, in which case, look for the one that has $cash_field in it.


ya i checked there is only one in there and it does have cash_field in it but it also has that p.* thing and im not sure if i should remove it or not

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests