[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

Apply the chanegs again, and make sure you copy everything, because from the looks of it you forgot to copy a { somewhere.

You can go to a specific line in a php file with Dreamweaver for example, I don't know what other progams allow you to do it.
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
Emberem

Post by Emberem »

Maybe I did. I'll bear it in mind when I can be bothered to try it again. I've done it twice now and both times it failed. I'm not inclined to go through all of that again right now. I don't have dreamweaver either.

Both times however? I copied and pasted everything. Could it be that there are spaces at the end of the php files?
~Kiwi~

Post by ~Kiwi~ »

Xore, I'm hoping you can help,

I've installed the mod however I was missing $lang['Visual_confirm_explain'] so I followed your advice earlier and entered all the gubbins in the file at the end as directed.

Now I'm not getting any errors, its just some fields look missing on the cash mod control panel. e.g. to select what forums it will show the forums but no way to select which forums. Also cash settings shows the various categories but no field to enter any text.

Any ideas?
the_sim

Post by the_sim »

How do i change points to gold, so it works with the shop? I'd rather get gold than points.

Thanks Much!
~Kiwi~

Post by ~Kiwi~ »

looking through this thread trigger has the same problem as I do (page 75). I've run the installer and as far as I can tell uploaded everything and made all the necessary changes.

I've also manually checked the mysql tabels, so any help you can give would be great.
Last edited by ~Kiwi~ on Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gimble

Post by Gimble »

Xore wrote: Check the Cash Mod Support -> Troubleshooting, and look up the information on Templates. you (and i stress here) need to have <!-- BEGIN cashrow --> and <!-- END cashrow --> before and after the appropriate lines of your template, furthermore, they need to be on their own separate lines.

This showed up as post number 1024 for me! w00t for base 2!

Thank you! :wink:
Emberem

Post by Emberem »

I read that there were errors in the admin things, I might try that but Im not sure what a parse error is so I can't do much right now.
Ybarra

Post by Ybarra »

Parse error: parse error, expecting `'{'' in /websites/notquite/public_html/forum/includes/functions_post.php on line 493

Looks like a function, if statement or loop statement in functions_post.php is missing an opening bracket '{'.

As for reading line numbers. Try this site: http://www.winsyntax.com Use it for all your PHP editing. It rocks :)
~Kiwi~

Post by ~Kiwi~ »

actually I've managed to work it out - by creating a currency, although that took some trial and error. Maybe a user doc that explains how to set up a currency?
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

the_sim wrote: How do i change points to gold, so it works with the shop? I'd rather get gold than points.

When you create a currency, just change the name to "gold" instead of "Points". The user field however, has to be user_points.

Kiwi : if you need help just to install a currency you might want to choose someone else as an admin, it's pretty clear in the admin panel how to do it !

Emberem : try to install it again, if you still get a parse error, either try Ybarra's link, or send me your lang_admin.php file so I can check if it's okay and correct it.
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
the_sim

Post by the_sim »

Thanks, i didn't think it was that easy. lol
Emberem

Post by Emberem »

Code: Select all

phpBB : Critical Error 

Could not query config information in cash_config

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'notquite_xmb1.phpbb_cash' doesn't exist

SELECT cash_id, cash_order, cash_dbfield, cash_name FROM phpbb_cash ORDER BY cash_order ASC

Line : 431
File : /websites/notquite/public_html/forum/admin/admin_cash_currencies.php 
Is what I get now. Its better than before but this is what I get when I try to get in to read topics

Could not obtain Cash Mod information.

DEBUG MODE

SELECT cash_dbfield, cash_name, cash_image, cash_imageurl FROM phpbb_cash WHERE cash_enabled = 1 AND cash_postdisplay = 1 ORDER BY cash_order ASC

Line : 393
File : /websites/notquite/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

Wow, i this thread is as dead as ever, when i go to bed, and when i wake up, there's another 15+ posts.

I'm glad to see most of you have got your problems worked out (thanks Q-Zar for helping out :-) )

Emberem: you can see out lines in most editors using Ctrl-G ... notepad seems to be a favorite for many, but you need to turn word wrap _off_ for this to work. hope it helps.

Your most recent error seems to tell me that you haven't run sql_install.php. Copy this file to your main phpbb directory, run it, then delete it.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
Emberem

Post by Emberem »

How do I run it? I uploaded it and it doesn't work yet.
Emberem

Post by Emberem »

SELECT cash_dbfield, cash_name, cash_image, cash_imageurl FROM phpbb_cash WHERE cash_enabled = 1 AND cash_postdisplay = 1 ORDER BY cash_order ASC

Line : 393
File : /websites/notquite/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php
Is the code by the way, i think I posted it before but I'm not sure.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”