[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

Greywing

Post by Greywing »

.. right you are.

Sorry about that.

*toddles off to the other thread*

spudshot

Post by spudshot »

Im having some issues with the cash mod at the moment, so far I have copied all the files needed, edited all the files and double checked everything, ran the sql_install and its giving me many errors.

when trying to view a topic:
Fatal error: Class 'Template' not found in /home/spudshot/public_html/Forum/includes/classes_cash.php on line 40

accessing the two options "Cash Admin" and "Cash HELP" gives me this:
Fatal error: Call to a member function sql_query() on a non-object in /home/spudshot/public_html/Forum/includes/functions_cash.php on line 659

Clicking the "Memberlist" link:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/spudshot/public_html/Forum/memberlist.php on line 278

Clicking "Private Messages" link:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/spudshot/public_html/Forum/privmsg.php on line 2208

Im sure a few more things are all messed up, i just havn't found them yet. Is this mod generally easy to install? I had no trouble installing the Upload attachment mod which seemed a lot longer/harder than this, it worked fine, only needed a few lines of code updated to make it work seamlessly.

I SHOULD ALSO MENTION. That i used the acidtech template (templates/acidtechBLOOD). So all the files intended to be copied to templates/subsilver i copied to templates/acidtechBLOOD, could the template screw this installation up? Im sure

Any help is much appreciated

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

spudshot wrote: when trying to view a topic:
Fatal error: Class 'Template' not found in /home/spudshot/public_html/Forum/includes/classes_cash.php on line 40

accessing the two options "Cash Admin" and "Cash HELP" gives me this:
Fatal error: Call to a member function sql_query() on a non-object in /home/spudshot/public_html/Forum/includes/functions_cash.php on line 659
You put the edit in common.php in the wrong place.
Clicking the "Memberlist" link:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/spudshot/public_html/Forum/memberlist.php on line 278
Your edits to memberlist.php are wrong. What is on and around that line?
Clicking "Private Messages" link:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/spudshot/public_html/Forum/privmsg.php on line 2208
The edits to privmsg.php are pretty small. Check them.

, could the template screw this installation up?

No. screwing up the template would only cause the data not to show, or cause an error in template.php.

PrismindX

Post by PrismindX »

Brf wrote:
PrismindX wrote: Has anyone found any idea or reasoning as to why i am still getting the message about line 357?

I am guessing it is because $cm_posting is not being globalized.

Are you sure the proper edits were done to posting.php? Its top should look like this:

Code: Select all

define('IN_PHPBB', true);
define('IN_CASHMOD', true);
define('CM_POSTING', true);
Thanks a lot. That was the problem.

LucidLiquid

Post by LucidLiquid »

how to get Cash Mod to work with Categories Hierarchy (Sub Forums)

cash is only given out on main categories but not the sub forums

also still need help with
found a bit of a prob as for cash gain cheat...one could put in a bunch of spaces + return and functions_post.php removes these spaces but not befor cash mod pays out...so the admin would never know these spaces+return were ever used

-fix-
-sugested to me to show the amount of cash gained in the post(only admin/mod can see)
-giveing the cash after functions_post.php removed the spaces
-message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE ) stating to remove the extra spaces befor you can post

HB.

Post by HB. »

what version of CH are you running? I don't seem to have a problem with one of the older versions of CH for both of your problems.

Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape »

I'm recoding parts of my site now for 2007, so there's some little things which I wanted to attend to before I get going. I'm hoping you can help me with my CashMod question:

I know that quoted text is not supposed to be counted towards a post's cash value. However, I have a goodly amount of abuse of my cash system at my forums, and while I have addressed some of it already, I have found what I hope is a novel idea:

I've installed the "Strike BBcode" mod, which "strikes out" text in a post, like the html code:

Code: Select all

<strike></strike>
Now, what I'd like to do, is alter cashmod a bit, so that when my moderators or I strike out posts--in cases where deleting posts doesn't meet our needs--it subtracts from a user's cash appropriately. I presume I can just make these changes where the quote BBcode is mentioned, but I'm not sure where to start with a mod this size.

Anyone have any ideas or pointers, or better yet, already have done it on their boards?

Thanks in advance, always!
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :

hofodomo01

Post by hofodomo01 »

I've checked the troubleshooting link already...

Whenever I post, immediately after I hit submit, I see this screen.

However, my posts still appear on the forum. So technically, the cash mod works, and the forum works, it's just that an error screen between every post. I downloaded the latest version of cashmod, and I used EasyMod to install it (the installation was successful)

Forums:
lpsforums.ca.tt

If anybody can point me in the right direction, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

hofodomo01 wrote: Whenever I post, immediately after I hit submit, I see this screen..

There is no "forum_postcount" in Cashmod or standard phpBB. This error is caused by a different mod.

Ahh... I am betting it comes from this Mod:

Disable post count increase.
You never ran the SQL for it.

hofodomo01

Post by hofodomo01 »

Hmm...thanks for helping.

Also, when it says 'cash_viewtopic.tpl' doesn't exist..does this mean that cashmod is only compatible with subsilver?

End of a Shadow
Name: J G

Post by End of a Shadow »

hofodomo01 wrote: Hmm...thanks for helping.

Also, when it says 'cash_viewtopic.tpl' doesn't exist..does this mean that cashmod is only compatible with subsilver?

You'll need to upload the tempates that CashMOD added to subSilver, to all of your installed themes.

hofodomo01

Post by hofodomo01 »

So instead of "CashMod223\templates\subSilver", I would upload a separate directory called "CashMod223\templates\[name of skin]" then?

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Not only that, but any edits that were done to subSilver tmplates, will have to be done to all of your other templates too.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

hofodomo01 wrote: So instead of "CashMod223\templates\subSilver", I would upload a separate directory called "CashMod223\templates\[name of skin]" then?

No. You will stil come from CashMod223\templates\subSilver, but you will go to yourforum\templates\otherskin

hofodomo01

Post by hofodomo01 »

Okay, thanks then.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”