phpBB 2.x Shoutbox 1.0 (AJAX)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
DionDev

phpBB 2.x Shoutbox 1.0 (AJAX)

Post by DionDev » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:29 pm

phpBB 2.x Shoutbox 1.0 is a simple PHP and AJAX shoutbox script that is fully integrated with the phpBB forum system. Once you have installed it you can place it in any of your phpBB forum template files.

Features:

* Tested to work with phpBB 2.x.
* It uses AJAX. This means that every time a new shout is posted by someone it will instantly display in the shoutbox without the page having to be refreshed.
* It is fully customizable. You can allow guests to post, select the number of shouts to display, and even change the name of the shoutbox.
* Only takes about 2 minutes to install. With very simple instructions in a small text file, you will have a unique shoutbox on your forum up and running in no time.
* It automatically inherits the style of the forum. If your forum has multiple style options, it uses the style the user has selected.

Demo: http://www.diondev.com/phpbb2/

Download: http://www.diondev.com/scripts/DD_phpBB ... ox_1.0.zip

Support: http://www.diondev.com/forums/f8/

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Re: phpBB 2.x Shoutbox 1.0 (AJAX)

Post by MHobbit » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:45 pm

Hello,

Please edit your topic title with a prefix as outlined in Modifications Development Forum Rules, section 3.a. This will allow people to see the development status of your modification at a glance.

Thank you,
The phpBB Modifications Team
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

dstartz

Post by dstartz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:58 am

Your mod is great. Thanks!

Would it be possible to add the date, as well?

seligmanc

Post by seligmanc » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:27 pm

This mod is great. So easy to install and works a dream on my forum.

One piece of feedback I have been given by the members of my forum is asking if the shoutbox can play a sound when a new message appears (msn style). I have hunted around the web for about an hour but cannot find anywhere that can help with this.

Are there any php experts who can explain what code I need to add and where I need to add it?

Best Wishes,

Charlie

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”