[ABD] Categorized smilies mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ferny

[ABD] Categorized smilies mod

Post by Ferny »

Hello!
I've developed a mod to order smilies into different categories so that you can have a lot of smilies ordered, like animals, famous people, zodiac, war, common, etc......
If you want to test it, just download this:
http://s6.ultrashare.net/hosting/fs/ef7d574a9140695a/
I'd like you contact me to solve any problem or to make the mod better...
Best regards,
Ferny
Last edited by Ferny on Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jaeboy

Post by Jaeboy »

Ahh that one too is great! But any screenshot? Or live demo?
A personal blog :: My Blog | lalaland
Ferny

Post by Ferny »

You can test if at www.mundodivx.org
But you need to register... not problem, I'll make some screenshots and I'll post them here in a few minutes...
Last edited by Ferny on Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ferny

Post by Ferny »

Here are the scrennshots:

#1 This is the reply form:

#2 This appears when you click a category:

#3 This is the CP:

#4 When you add or edit any smilie you have the option to put it into a category:

Last edited by Ferny on Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaeboy

Post by Jaeboy »

Aaahaa!!! This is very very very interesting :lol:
A personal blog :: My Blog | lalaland
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Hey! I love this MOD :o
Excellent, will try it out on my site these few days!

~Mac
william911

Post by william911 »

ycl6 wrote: Hey! I love this MOD :o
Excellent, will try it out on my site these few days!

~Mac
This Mod how to use@@??
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

I've install the MOD and it is working fine on 2.0.4

However, I have a suggestion, it would be better if under Category there can be a dropdown menu to select which category a smile is in, and about to save the Category position by click on a Go button or something. This would be a great help if a Board has lots of smilies

~Mac
PeteBest

Post by PeteBest »

Sounds like a good mod, thanks I'll try that on my board over the next couple of days
quentin

Post by quentin »

this mod is cool, but what would be really great would be that instead of opening a popup to show additional smilies, they would replace the ones on the left of the post area.

That could be achieved using the innerHtml javascript attribute.

Quentin
The largest message boards on the web !
Web Design Library (coming soon)
Friends sites: Heroes of might and magic - Biometric security
Ferny

Post by Ferny »

Hello
I'm sorry but I speak a very little english and I can't understand (or translate :lol: ) what ycl6 want to say me... :cry: Can you tell me in a more simple way please? :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm thinking how to select the representative smilie from the category configuration, so that it's not necessary the first smilie to be the representative but the smilie you want every moment!
And for quentin, I think is better the popup because the innerHtml don't works as well as expected under some navigators (IExploer works well, but others no), and is too more complicate do that with innerHtml than with popups, because you'll need to write the code of all smilies into the source code of page and the page size will be a lot higher...
Please ycl6 rewrite your question :wink:
Thanks
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Hi Ferny,

Let me rewrite my question.

The only way to change a smilies's Category is do it individually (go into EDIT). This takes a long time if you have a lot of smilies and need to assign them one by one.

I am asking if there is a way to speed up this process (assigning a a smiliy to a specific Category)?

~Mac
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

In the installation file, the part "SQL : schema.sql", what do I do with it ? :?:

Because I'm used to have installation files, or to work through PhpMyadmin, but I've never had to use something like this :?
Thanks, because this mod is great when you have a lot of smilies :)
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
Ferny

Post by Ferny »

Ok ycl6, now I've understood your question (je, I'm not so bad with english!!!!) I'll try to find a more simple way... but you can notice that when you are adding smilies to the forum you add them one by one... I know this is a long process, buy it may be difficult to simplify it.

And for Q-Zar, you have to go to phpMyAdmin, go to your forum database and run the SQL archive: you go to the form where you usually write the mysql code and you'll find a field to put an archive. Put schema.sql at that field and run.

Bye friends...!!!
murphyz

Post by murphyz »

Hi, I installed this mod on a test 2.4 forum and it seems that in the admin there is now a 'smiley category' option but no 'smilies' option. Is this right? I can't see where I should now edit the smilies.

I admit, I rushed the mod as I did it at work in my lunch break - did I overwrite a part I should have just added to or has this happened to others?

Cheers

Mxx

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”