Page 4 of 10

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:28 pm
by echoleigh
Well, the way I fixed it was to go into the file and delete the added spaces. :wink: Worked.

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:06 pm
by Skelp
Hey GP, I clicked your link to the EasyMOD Uninstaller 1.2.1 and get a 404 error. Is there a new link for it?
Also, will this EasyMOD Uninstaller 1.2.1 unistall any changes made to tpl pages in other template directories besides subSilver? I know how I could edit it to make it do so but if it does it already that would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:51 pm
by MohoganyBrwn
GPHemsley wrote: Well, I've taken the liberty of updating this MOD.

It should be compatible with 0.0.10 when it is released (seeing as how I worked with the pre-release version when updating this MOD) and it fixes the wrong comment being shown in templates.

@JuniorZ: The reason was because the substr() that you did not take into account the \n at the end of the filename.

Click Here to Download EasyMOD Uninstaller 1.2.1

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:59 pm
by tbartold
GPHemsley wrote: Well, I've taken the liberty of updating this MOD.

It should be compatible with 0.0.10 when it is released (seeing as how I worked with the pre-release version when updating this MOD) and it fixes the wrong comment being shown in templates.

@JuniorZ: The reason was because the substr() that you did not take into account the \n at the end of the filename.

Click Here to Download EasyMOD Uninstaller 1.2.1


Is there anywhere to download this update? The link provided fails. The download at the phppbb.com.br site is 1.2.0. Does anyone have experience using this mod with phpBB2.0.8a and EasyMOD 11a3 (latest versions)? It is not working for me, I can't see how to uninstall anything.

I changed install.txt file.....

Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:29 am
by Javve
I found the easiest and quickest way to fix this problem was to add a space in the install.txt file located in the folder of the mod itself.

It said success when I installed it, but I still do not have an uninstall option. Any ideas?
aznkoz wrote: Installation Failed
EasyMOD encountered the following error(s). A general error could be ABC. A critical error means D and you should do XYZ.

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/admin/mod_history.tpl] could not find:

<td width="5%" class="{install.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall">details</span></td>

MOD script line #203


Wonder what happen, I have fail to install it. Could it be because I have added log actions mod before this to cause it to not working :( . Oh boy, some work to do .

Re: I changed install.txt file.....

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:21 pm
by tbartold
Javve wrote: I found the easiest and quickest way to fix this problem was to add a space in the install.txt file located in the folder of the mod itself.

It said success when I installed it, but I still do not have an uninstall option. Any ideas?


OK. I have it installed also (version 1.2.0 with a fix for the find also). I still have no idea where we could find 1.2.1. Does anyone have it, know where to get it?????

When I got 1.2.0 installed, it reports success, with abolutely no warnings or errors, but now what??? There is nothing anywhere that indicates how it can be used. Can any one provide any hints??? After searching through the panels, I realize that there is a small change... a small white box now appears in the right most column of the installed MOD histopry page for each mod. (the column that used to be labeled "Details" but now has no column heading).

Looking at the source code for the page I see

Code: Select all

		<form method="post" action="admin_easymod.php?sid=bd50847bb0ed51d7a3b5a6c243707d46">
			<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="uninstall">
			<input type="hidden" name="mod_id" value="20">
			<input type="hidden" name="install_file" value="install.txt">
			<input type="hidden" name="install_path" value="./mods/EM_addon/">
			<input type="submit" name="post" class="mainoption" value="" />
		</form>
Which seems to indicate that clocking on it will run easymod in "uninstall" mode.

So I clicked on it, and now I get:

Code: Select all

General Error
Critical Error:
Function Trace: main[1]->modio_prep[2]

FTP ERROR: login failed
Any body have any idea what's going on or how to fix it???

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:51 pm
by tbartold
HA! I hacked it to work! But please someone let us know how to fix this correctly.

Examining the source code for the "Process" Button we see:

Code: Select all

<form method="post" action="">
<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="process">
<input type="hidden" name="install_file" value="install.txt">
<input type="hidden" name="install_path" value="./mods/digichat/">
<input type="hidden" name="password" value="********">
<input type="submit" name="post" class="mainoption" value="Process" /><br>
Preview: <input type="checkbox" name="preview" value="0" />
</form>
But the unlabeld button on the history page has:

Code: Select all

<form method="post" action="admin_easymod.php?sid=bd50847bb0ed51d7a3b5a6c243707d46">
<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="uninstall">
<input type="hidden" name="mod_id" value="20">
<input type="hidden" name="install_file" value="install.txt">
<input type="hidden" name="install_path" value="./mods/EM_addon/">
<input type="submit" name="post" class="mainoption" value="" />
</form>
Clearly the "password" is missing.

So I found the part of the MOD that is responsible for this:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/admin/mod_history.tpl

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
<td width="5%"  class="{install.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall">details</span></td>

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
<td class="{install.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="bottom">
<form method="post" action="{S_ACTION}">
<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="uninstall">
<input type="hidden" name="mod_id" value="{install.MOD_ID}">
<input type="hidden" name="install_file" value="{install.MOD_FILE}">
<input type="hidden" name="install_path" value="{install.MOD_PATH}">
<input type="submit" name="post" class="mainoption" value="{L_UNNINST}" />
</form>
</td>
So I can make the error go away by adding

Code: Select all

<input type="hidden" name="password" value="********">
To the MOD (or after the fact... just adding it to the mod_history.tpl file.). But perhaps someone knows what variable is supposed tgo in here rather than putting in a plaintext password???

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:05 am
by Javve
FrancoCataldo wrote: Does this work with .11a as I need to uninstall flags mod?


What's wrong with your flag mod? I am watching this topic so all you have to do is reply.

Found Fix, Please Sticky

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:11 am
by Javve
templates/subSilver/admin/mod_history.tpl

I tried the fix and it failed .. it was to open up this file and find

<td width="5%" class="{install.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall">details</span></td>

Delete the extra space between 5%" class to make it look like

<td width="5%" class="{install.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall">details</span></td>

If you do a search for 5% you will only find the first line unless you do a find next to find this line. Meaning.. there are two lines with 5% that have an extra space between the 5% and class (td width="5%" class="{)

You need to delete the extra space on BOTH lines. I tested and it worked fine for me. I have only been messing with the PHP lines for two weeks so if I can do it, anyone can do it. Thanks you to the people that posted about the extra space, it led me to find there are two lines with an extra space. The uninstall mod was the first mod I installed after easymod, so the extra space is either from the creation of the board, or easymod being installed. Either way an easy fix.

Re: Found Fix, Please Sticky

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:01 pm
by tbartold
Javve wrote: templates/subSilver/admin/mod_history.tpl

I tried the fix and it failed .. it was to open up this file and find

<td width="5%" class="{install.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall">details</span></td>

Delete the extra space between 5%" class to make it look like

<td width="5%" class="{install.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall">details</span></td>

If you do a search for 5% you will only find the first line unless you do a find next to find this line. Meaning.. there are two lines with 5% that have an extra space between the 5% and class (td width="5%" class="{)

You need to delete the extra space on BOTH lines. I tested and it worked fine for me. I have only been messing with the PHP lines for two weeks so if I can do it, anyone can do it. Thanks you to the people that posted about the extra space, it led me to find there are two lines with an extra space. The uninstall mod was the first mod I installed after easymod, so the extra space is either from the creation of the board, or easymod being installed. Either way an easy fix.


It seems like you're not taking the EasyMOD philosophy to heart (never REPLACE and always use the least text needed to FIND). I changed my version of the mod to be insensitive to this "space" problem.

Why not change it to:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/admin/mod_history.tpl
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
details
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
details
#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
<form method="post" action="{S_ACTION}"><input type="hidden" name="mode" value="uninstall"><input type="hidden" name="mod_id" value="{install.MOD_ID}"><input type="hidden" name="install_file" value="{install.MOD_FILE}"><input type="hidden" name="install_path" value="{install.MOD_PATH}"><input type="hidden" name="password" value="{install.EM_PASS}"><input type="submit" name="post" class="mainoption" value="{L_UNINST}" /></form>
Just my 2 cents worth.

BTW: this also includes the fixes for the missing text on the button, and the missing password problems that I was having.

Re: Found Fix, Please Sticky

Posted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:50 pm
by TmR
tbartold wrote: blaaaaa

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/admin/mod_history.tpl
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
details
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
details
#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
<form method="post" action="{S_ACTION}"><input type="hidden" name="mode" value="uninstall"><input type="hidden" name="mod_id" value="{install.MOD_ID}"><input type="hidden" name="install_file" value="{install.MOD_FILE}"><input type="hidden" name="install_path" value="{install.MOD_PATH}"><input type="hidden" name="password" value="{install.EM_PASS}"><input type="submit" name="post" class="mainoption" value="{L_UNINST}" /></form>
Just my 2 cents worth.

BTW: this also includes the fixes for the missing text on the button, and the missing password problems that I was having.


ok i used ur form... but i still keep getting

Code: Select all

General Error 
Critical Error:
Function Trace: main[1]->modio_prep[2]

FTP ERROR: login failed
[edit]
I changed my easymod settings...
Reading: Server
Writing: Server
Moving: Copy

and now it works :)
even the uninstall :P
isn't that great :D

just my 2 cents ;)

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:43 pm
by revolutionfan
I installed the ADDON and now every time I try to install a mod it says uninstall complete at the end of the process and it doesn't work. :?

Any ideas?

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:17 am
by firedragon064
I am missing includes/em_addon_functions.php

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:01 pm
by bcs10
I have skimmed this thread...
and having an uninstall feature...
does sound a bit impossible...
heres an example...
lets say i install...
Sub forums MOD... phpBB Passport...
Announces Suite... and Attachments MOD...
and I want to uninstall phpBB Passport...
this would mean that i would have to...
replace the files from before i installed...
phpBB Passport... which would mean...
the Sub forums MOD would be...
the only MOD installed after i am done...
then i would have to go and reinstall...
Announces Suite... and Attachments MOD...

in this example... it would not be all that..
hard to just reinstall the last two MODs...
but if you have a lot more MODs installed...
then it could begin to cause problems...

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:53 pm
by duke d
hopw can i uninstall mods manually i mean i ahve like 4mmods installed but out of those i only want 1 of em to stay can any1 plz tell em or link me how to uninstall a mod manually using the backup or whatever it is? because this mod doesnt work for me :?