[Beta] EasyMOD Add-on

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
demon_j0e

Post by demon_j0e »

hi iev installed this mod but when i go to uninstall sumthing it says
Function Trace: main[1]->modio_prep[2]

FTP ERROR: login failed

how will i fix this?
Protopia

Bugs

Post by Protopia »

In July 2003, GP Hemsley reported two bugs:
GPHemsley wrote: OK, I've got a few little bugs to report about this Add-On, which is very helpful, BTW. OK, here we go:
  1. It mixes up the install and uninstall windows. (i.e. the install window is shown for uninstalling, and vice versa)
  2. It leaves a little

Code: Select all

/* A MOD was here */
    comment in one of the template files where a MOD was, and since

/* */
    doesn't comment something out in HTML, it appears in the output... It seems to happen only when the MOD edited the overall_header.tpl template...
Also, any news from Nuttzy about this?

I understand that point 2 cannot easily be fixed. What about point 1?

Protopia
Mischi

Post by Mischi »

demon_j0e wrote: hi iev installed this mod but when i go to uninstall sumthing it says

how will i fix this?

I have the same problem, please help.
ZinZang

Post by ZinZang »

after i manually installed it (because i got the same error as everyone else, i got this error in my admin
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/heartofg/public_html/boards/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 2900

plz help :D
ZZ/♥GreyHeart♥
angelala

Post by angelala »

Mischi wrote:
demon_j0e wrote:hi iev installed this mod but when i go to uninstall sumthing it says

how will i fix this?

same problem as well.

thanks for any help you can lend!
MKBS-Billie

Post by MKBS-Billie »

I dont know if this has alread been thought of...
When ive installed mod and had trouble with them i have just changed things in the orginal mod file,

FIND - stays the same
AFTER, ADD - AFTER, REMOVE
BEFORE, ADD - BEFORE, REMOVE
FIND, REPLACE - (MOD TEXT JUST SWITCHES PLACES)

im sure you have alread though of this.. but if there is a script you can wirite to do these actions.. you have a simple uninstall

just noticed that there isnt a remove command for EM but you get the picture of the system
cbloom

Post by cbloom »

MKBS-Billie wrote: just noticed that there isnt a remove command for EM but you get the picture of the system

You could just use a REPLACE WITH command and an empty line
Find XBOX Live gamers - Upload your picture, search by state/country/city & meetup in the new forums!
http://www.gamertagdatabase.com
MKBS-Billie

Post by MKBS-Billie »

good point..

im not upto scratch on php programmin.. but ill give ita go.
kralos

Post by kralos »

getting this when trying to install the add-on

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/admin/mod_history.tpl] could not find:

<td width="5%" class="{install.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall">details</span></td>

MOD script line #203 :: FAQ :: Report
Any ideas?
niks3

Post by niks3 »

kralos wrote: getting this when trying to install the add-on

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/admin/mod_history.tpl] could not find:

<td width="5%" class="{install.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall">details</span></td>

MOD script line #203 :: FAQ :: Report
Any ideas?

Add space before "class":

<td width="5%"  class="{install.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall">details</span></td>
niks3

Post by niks3 »

angelala wrote:
Mischi wrote:
demon_j0e wrote:hi iev installed this mod but when i go to uninstall sumthing it says

how will i fix this?

same problem as well.

thanks for any help you can lend!

help me too!
BoomShake007

Post by BoomShake007 »

"Critical Error

Could not perform improperly formed COPY command.
includes/em_addon_functions.php.txt to includes/em_addon_functions.php
MOD script line #30"

that's what EM gives me when i try to install it. please help me out (i dont know anything about mods, etc.) adn i really need to take this one mod i installed wiht EM off
Buky4master

Post by Buky4master »

I have a problem:

Installing EasyMOD beta 1 (0.1.13)
by Nuttzy

Step 3 (of 5): EasyMOD is now installing itself as it would any MOD. There is a two step process of first creating the modified files and then moving them into place. The modified file(s) do no effect the core phpBB files in any way until the next step. Click the "Complete Processing" button to move the files into place.

Processing Files
Parsing: language/lang_english/lang_admin.php

Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 6138 is not allowed to access /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/processed owned by uid 48 in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 182

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access processed/language in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 183

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 183

Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 6138 is not allowed to access /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/processed owned by uid 48 in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 182

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access processed/language/lang_croatian in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 183

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 183

Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 6138 is not allowed to access /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/backups owned by uid 48 in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 211

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access backups/language in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 212

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 212

Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 6138 is not allowed to access /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/backups owned by uid 48 in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 211

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access backups/language/lang_croatian in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 212

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 212

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access processed/language in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 183

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access processed/language/lang_english in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 183

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access backups/language in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 212

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access backups/language/lang_english in /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 212

--------------------------------------------------
Error

Warning

Function Trace: open_files[4]->modio_open[3]

Could not open [processed/language/lang_croatian/lang_admin.php.txt] for writing.

------------------------------------------------------
Error

Critical Error

Function Trace: open_files[3]->modio_open[3]

Could not open [processed/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php.txt] for writing.

-------------------------------------------------------
Expanded Debug Info
(formatted for forum posting)
EM installer v0.1.13 wrote: phpBB version: 2.0.11
Working Dir: /home/vhosts_111mb/bukymaster.111mb.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod
Install Step: 3
Mode:
The Error wrote: Critical Error

Function Trace: open_files[3]->modio_open[3]

Could not open [processed/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php.txt] for writing.

Permissions: (including system errors)

read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: No
chmod access :: No
unlink access :: No
mkdir access :: No
tmp path write :: No
FTP extension :: OK
Safe Mode :: ON
copy access :: No

Recommendations:
write: server
move: automated FTP

Selected settings:
write: server
move: ftpm
ftp dir: /
ftp host: localhost
ftp debug: false
ftp ext: fsock
ftp cache: false

CWD Listing:

−rwxrwxrwx easymod.gif 
drwxrwxrwx backups 
−rwxrwxrwx lang_easymod.php 
drwxrwxrwx templates 
−rwxrwxrwx easymod_display_functions.php 
drwxrwxrwx . 
drwxrwxrwx em_includes 
−rwxrwxrwx easymod_install.php 
drwxrwxrwx .. 
drwxrwxrwx processed 
drwxrwxrwx includes 

Not testing FTP since it is not being used.

what have to do?
:cry:
marianum

Post by marianum »

This is an EasyMod install problem.

Read the help/faq, starting here:
click

you should be able to find the sollution at/in the appropriate fora..

Post by 004 »

BoomShake007 wrote: "Critical Error

MOD script line #30"

my problem is similar:

once again, new to php.. can anyone help?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”